Pirate Shields

With only a few weeks to go, we need to organise the travel for the pirate shields to Regensburg, otherwise the winners of this year's trophies won't have anything to put on their mantlepieces for the coming year and that would be a real shame. image

If you have a shield, can you please raise your hand and shout out if you are not coming to the pirate champs.  Hopefully, we will help you to find a method of transport for your shield over to Reggie, then everyone will be happy. image

Comments

• I have the 'Fastest Woman' shield .... but not for long I should imagine  image
  • Why.....has the date for your " change operation" finally come through???

• You'll be visiting ICU sooner than you think if you are not careful
  • Meldy - put it in your wetsuit!
  • Erm...image
    That might have sounded a li'l bit random.

It was simply my idea to make sure that Meldy didn't forget it.
  • If you see me swimming round a lake in Regensberg with an odd shaped lump in my back then you will know that I forgot to take it out again !!
  • We've got the fastest novice shield. :0)
  • It was a source of amusement to us trying to remember the categories !!
  • I got the best novice 187 ..... *raises hand*

...and no I can't make it to Regensburg ....... image

• HC has mine to take to IMR.  Although it says 'Fastest Novice 145' on it, I think it's actually fastest pirate, as Rosey is on there and I'm pretty sure he wasn't a novice when he won it.
  • Pkim, you have mail!

Thanks Cheerful Dave!  Very organised indeed.

• Yes Dave it's 'Fastest Novice 145'
  • Ive got the "not quite as rubbish as you were last year" shield.

I can either deliver it to someone in Peterboro/ Cambridge area or post it to a willing volunteer whos going to Regensberg

• I know that little sister and swiss mummy are driving on the wed from Notts/derbyshire and could be taking A14 and M11 to chanel tunnel...

Worth giving Little Sister a shout... and see if she can help

• Fogggy wrote (see)

Ive got the "not quite as rubbish as you were last year" shield.

I can either deliver it to someone in Peterboro/ Cambridge area or post it to a willing volunteer whos going to Regensberg
    Iron SwissBobby wrote (see)

I know that little sister and swiss mummy are driving on the wed from Notts/derbyshire and could be taking A14 and M11 to chanel tunnel...

Worth giving Little Sister a shout... and see if she can help

image Was thinking about it since that route reduces how much of the M25 you need to drive! 

I'll need to check with the co-pilot, but I suspect we could make a detour towards the Cambridge area to pick up shield.

I'll PM you!

• Do we have any update on the shield?

I'd also like to remind people that if they can, to purchase a little present for the pirate prize giving. Either here or from the expo. I'm trying to dig out the full list of prize categories and have asked the master of the spreadsheet to dig last years one out.
  • I have emailed Little Sister and hopefully arranging its journey to Reggensberg
  • Grand! Thank you Fogggy
  • Little Sister,

have emailed and pmed you, awaiting your reply,

Foggy

• Fogggy wrote (see)

Little Sister,

have emailed and pmed you, awaiting your reply, Foggy

Sorry for lack of communication over the weekend, I was at Outlaw!
    Hopefully you've recieved my reply. I sent you another email from work this morning, it's probably best if you post them. My work address was on the email, if you can post it to that one it'll probably be best.

• Meldy - are you keeping the crap swim split trophy from last year or putting it up for some other lucky person to win, it's such an attractive item I'd imagine you don't want to give it up image
  • Mrs WW has been collecting dodgy... i mean wonderful ... little pirate related items for the presentation party image

PS .. I hope to avoid the cutting it fine prize this year image
  • Symes,  I shall donate something appropriate for the 'Crappest Swimmer Award' with the hope that I wont be bringing back with me !!
  • Do we have a full list of awards? I've emailed JD for the Roth stats but haven't heard back yet....
  • Holly .. doesnt help much but I thought there was a thread??  They may well be at the end of one of the IM  threads also

That said, apart from the shields we pretty much make the up

Crappest Swimmer

Top Mincing Award

The Dan Benson Award

The GOM award for grumpiest pirate

All the gear/No idea award

Most Piratey
  • image oh goody i may get to win a trophy!!!
  • Ooh I picked up something Piratey off of Pirates of the Caribbean. If i dont bring it too Regensburg i've either forgotten it or taken a fancy to it.

Who's MCing this year ?
  • I think we have a female double act   image