Options

Healthy Fast Food and City Lunches

Hi,

For those of you who work in cities, I wondered what you guys eat at lunchtimes where every fast food outlet seems to cram their food with so much fat.

I like the Subway salads (love the pickle) but I am thinking there must be more than one socially responsible chain out there.

Thoughts / Suggestions would be welcome.

Comments

• Options

Depends on the city I suppose, and what you want to spend. I usually go to Pret, Eat, or Itsu (expensive treat) in London. They are up front about the nutritional values, allowing you to make an informed choice.

If you have less choice, you could always make your own...

• Options

Socially responsible fast food chain? What does that mean? They refuse to serve you if you're overweight? They only use biodegradable packaging? Pay above national minimum wage?

Make your own, it's healthier and cheaper.

• Options
    DMaxDMax ✭✭✭
    Socially responsible means those places who work with Heath Charities like 'Heart Start Scotland' who put their literature in their outlets and who genuinely try to make people aware of what they eat ... Sorry I couldn't have expected you to know that.
  • Options
    As Kwilter says... make your own lunch.  It's cheaper, healthier and you have more control over what you're eating.