Sunday 21st August 2011

Morning

Last chance to do the lyrics for a while as off for 9 days ths time a bit of holiday.

Yesterdays lyrics Aloe Blaac - I need a dollar something fairly recent

What: Something longer than 3.16
Why: long run - its all relative

Last Hard: Getting out the door yesterday LMH i kept hearing you say i got to do it image
Lyrics: not recent

Now for some kip

Comments

• Glad to be of help Night-owl. Enjoy your break from work.

Good parkrunning yesterday.

Paddy - how long is it taking you?

What:                an hours easy run
    Why:                  trying to keep the taper monster at bay
    Last hard:        not getting too stressed packing/entertaining/organising yesterday
    Last rest:         19/8

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • LMH - managing about 20 mph.

Swim and run soon

Nice park runs yesterday
  • Morning all, anyone racing today?

What:  Rest
    Why:  Scheduled
    Last hard:  1 day
    Last rest  2 days
    Lyrics:  No

Track session, short stuff, tomorrow.

• alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Morning all!

Night-Owl: I'm fine ta...he missed my foot by a few inches as I balanced between the verge of the wet marsh and a shin deep creek. Was pushed for time yesterday so didn't put the full story up of this near miss. So, here it is! He was too wide for that road because his tyres were overlapping the road edges on both sides. I had no escape route apart from jumping in the marsh. Unless he had waited a few seconds and let me run 15 metres further up the road and into a gravel path leading up to a gate. The conversation in my head was funny...went something like "Tractor coming, can I get off the road? No. Creeks full of water on both sides. OK, what about the very edge of the road? No, he's too wide. Ah-ha...an escape path 15 metres up, surely he will slow down...won't he? Won't he? He isn't slowing...oh s***!".

Anyway, I escaped with a muddy foot for my trouble. To add to the comedy value, he was towing a trailer, with a skip on it, full of rocks! image

well done on your getting out there!! Hope the long run was OK!

Good parkrunning yesterday Gobi, Emzap, RFJ (& Jr)
    Good bike work Paddy. Hope you are enjoying your shiny new toy!
    NZC: Can't believe you went back through that creek!!

What: 90 mins easy or 9 mile easy, whichever happened first. Turns out I did 9 miles in 1:27:27. So pleased with the pacing.
    Why: Sunday LSR
    Last hard: Friday
    Last Rest: Wednesday

So today's 9 miles gave me a 36.41 mile week. Pleased with that.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
  • Blimey - I missed that yesterday somehow Alex - glad you're ok.

Paddy - I'd love to average 20 mph.

NZC - it must have been even colder than last time - talk about glutton for punishment!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Words - Know the song & the film's good crack too.

3.4k swim and 6 mile run d&d.

Alex - I hate drivers who dismiss runners (& other pedestrians/ cyclists as people who should not be on the road without a motor vehicle!!) Clean the shoe!!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Sorry, have missed a couple of days in here. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

Yikes, Alex, what a 'mare! Glad you escaped uninjured .... howbloody inconsiderate though of the guy not slowing down. Wouldn't have been too much to ask surely??

Night-owl: enjoy the break

Nice parkrunning going on and NZC is toughing it out. Great stuff.

What: 20 miles with 15 at MP
    Why: JD told me to
    Last hard: this!
    Last rest: Sat
    Lyrics: yes

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Glad you are ok Alex

What - 16.25m
    Why - Long Run, but struggled with the warmth and tiredness
    Last hard - Yesterday
    last Rest - Thurs

61m for the week

Take care

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

What: a very gentle 40 mins
    Why: tired legs...but from climbing up and down ladders decorating, rather than from running, I suspect.
    Last hard: last Tues
    Last rest: 09

Lyrics: nope

Some good long runs banked, I see. Well done.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Back from run

Earlier in the week when i was thinkig about todays "long run" i was thinking 4 miles then i wondered 5 miles thinking southend 10k is 6 weeks away and i would at least like to get back to more than 10k under my belt again before race day so i was thinking 5 today knowing i would probably struggle a bit in the last mile. Today wondering if it was still a good idea too much too soon and all that esp after working last night and i was still tired from it when i woke left it till late to go for run still warm when i got out but decided to have a go at 5 anyway well a little over than 5 normally Garmin measures it 5.02 but today 5.07

very warm still and not easy but ran all way and not bad pacing wise - easy recovery tomorrow even mmanaged a little spurt at the end

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Evening all.

Alex damn, that's really not very good, I hope you're alright though.

What: 10 miles!!!!!!!  (in 1 hr 44)

Why: I wanted to see if I could do it and I can!

Last hard: finding the massive blood blister under my toe nail when I got back!

Last rest Sat 13th Aug

I don't feel great after the run, but I now know I will be able to get round a 10 miler in a few week's time.  I think this is the furthest I've ever run image

Off to Devon sailing tomorrow, I'll look out for your parents' house Alex