obeying the rules or not

2»

Comments

• Squeakz wrote (see)
    Wow is about all I can say, im surprised so many people seem to be at ease with the dishonesty and the values it teaches the child. Says so much about society.

Squeaks, did you never try to get into the local disco* when you were under-age? It's kind of a rite of passage. And I'd argue that this is even less 'rebellious', since it's with mum and dad. 

* that ages me!

• Kids listening to the same music as their dads??!!

Oh dear. oh deary deary me

When i was in my teens I can proudly say my parents did not understand a single record I played.

It was just noise and loud.

Now in my 40's I still listen to music most people dont understand.

Its just noise.

Not so loud now

http://youtu.be/IuYmtZ8D5Zs

• Squeakz wrote (see)
    Wow is about all I can say, im surprised so many people seem to be at ease with the dishonesty and the values it teaches the child. Says so much about society.

I assume your tongue was firmly in your cheek with this comment Squeakz image

Miffi - There will be so many people going into the gig that they will not be asking the age of a 12 year old if they are with the rest of your family. The door staff will almost certainly be too busy. Stick them in the middle and go in like you own the place.

Kids mature at different rates.  If you feel it is okay for your child to see the gig then take them. 

Just accept that as a result they will become career criminals and will be looting Footlocker the following week.  It is a slippery slope you are starting them on.....image

• Wilkie wrote (see)

When I was a teenager I'd have been mortified to be seen with my parents at a concert (or pretty much anywhere, really).

So not cool!

image  I'd have to agree I would have been the same, by the time I was 18 we were poles apart and would have had no common interests.  I guess we're lucky that the older one still finds us acceptable (within reason)  but if we get in and he meets up with mates and goes off with them we'll be ok with that.  

& Stephen E Forde - kids listening to the same music as Dads.  Yeah terrible I know.  But the teenager is hoping for a career in music and listens to a wide wide range of bands.  I know the Kaiser Chiefs wont be top of his own preferences but he's never going to turn down a chance to watch someone play live.   His own band play stuff with lyrics that when I can understand them I wish I couldn't and I don't let my younger son listen to them.