Sunday 28th August 2011

and i hit the floor

Morning

NZC Good long run
Alex nice to see you sometimes
LMH When are you back in the UK

Guess where i'm goig this mornnig i have a mad plan but dunno if i'll do it  but will see

What: 7½ mile cycle commute / same home again with 6-7 mile run
Why: Because someone has take hold of my senses
Last Hard: Nothig that has been really hard i ages its easy to forget
Lyrics: sure

now
Do i run in the vicinity of work whe i finish different route and all that.the cycle home

or do i cycle home and run

Comments

• Morning.

Very cyptic Night-owl - what are you up to? We get back late on Monday.

NZC - a good marathon training run there. Unfortunately it seems that I have no idea what my body will throw at me! One of the reasons for returning to this race was that we knew that I could self-cater quite well so take the risk out of that, I had my B12 jab a little over a week ago - just about as good timing as I could get and I've been taking the steroid inhalers for the asthma since my last race and asthma attack - I guess some things just aren't meant to be.

What:         almost certainly nothing though might have a gentle bimble on the bike if weather is good
    Why:           rehabilitating lungs
    Last hard:  trying to breath yesterday
    Last rest:   didn't do much in the way of exercise yesterday!

Lyrics - no, but apt.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Summertime  Blues", Eddie Cochrane and various others since. Went to cricket at Edgbaston yesterday for the T20 finals and there wasn't much summertime...repeated rain breaks and cold. Sorry to hear of your own "Summertime Blues", LMH.

What: half an hour or so
    Why: weight loss?
    Last hard: ?
    Last rest: 09

Nice long run NZC and welcome back Alex.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • LMH - Really sorry to hear about yesterday.

Fridays words - Happy Mondays Step on

Managed 60 miles on the bike yesterday.

I'm gonna try an easy run later - feeling fine. Will get results of can probably on Tuesday. A lot depends on that news.

Talk Later. Big Football game to go to today. It means nothing to you lot but its the equivalent of the Champions league semi final in Gaelic Football terms. I'm nervous and if we win i'll be celebrating!!! Sometime a distraction is good.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hey hey,

LMH  so sorry to hear about the asthma.  I really hope you get some answers from the doc.

Gobi good parkrun, what's your pr pb?

Alehouse  so jealous you went to T20 final.  I tried to get tickets and didn't manage.  Are you an Edgbaston regular then?

As for me, I also did parkrun yesterday, in a much slower time than Gobi, but good for me, 27:05, 4 secs off my pb.  I reckon I could have got it if not for the 2 guys in front of me blocking the very end as I was sprinting for the finish.  Definitely motivation for next week!

Today did a 3 miles easy, didn't feel easy, but time says it was!

Was meant to do another 10 miler today, but it's our anniversary, so went for a short one today and will run the longer one tomorrow when oh is at work and I am on bank holiday image

Off for a walk in a National Trust property in a bit, then out for dinner.  Hope the sun remains.

Happy bank holiday weekend all you in England.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Pewsey vale Half marathon....

I was aiming for a PB on this undulating course, as it is my PB course... and still is.... but missed the PB by 17 secs, to gain my 2nd fastest ever half...... so happy, came 29th out of about 300.

Splits for those interested - 6.38, 6.36, 6.37, 6.52, 6.37, 6.22, 6.28, 6.41, 6.36, 6.33, 6.41, 6.19, 6.23, .58, reasonably consistat, woke up at mile 6 and started to run well, you can see the bumps in the 6:52 and 2 6:41's.... the 6:19 was playing cat and mose with another runner who I got the better off in the end..... we won the team prize, but I was 4th and was 3 to count.....

Official Finish time 1:26:25

All in all very good but not far away... that said, the wind was in our faces the fist 5-6m, plus no taper, so shows I am in good form and strong..... now to pucnh on to Abingdon....

(Met up with TipTopp (Zattu) who had a good run and is looking good.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Emzap: yes, an Edgbaston regular...go there every five years or so! Funnily enough had an email from Warwickshire on Friday night to say that there were some tickets on sale on the door...at £20...and I paid £60. Quite a lot of empty seats, too.

RFJ: dare I say it, but looking good!

Awful day running-wise here: very painful feet, inflexible ankles and tender achilles...aborted run after 20 mins of struggle. Have learned something, I guess: yesterday and this morning did not do my massage/stretching routine. That will teach me!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Happy anniversary emzap and congratulations on the PB.

Sounds like a solid, confidence giving run RFJ.

Hope you're back on top of it tomorrow alehouse.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Nice RFJ

Emzap - 16.16 before I got injured.16.59 is the best I have managed post.

What: 50 miles on the bike with a 10 km race in the middle.
    Why: opportunistic moment.
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: Wednesday 27 th July
    Last non run day: 21 st August
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

LMH - Sorry  i thought afterwards my lyrics might have been too apt sorry hope i didn't offend you didn't mean to - just love this sog. Love the band

nowt exciting today got called to work was toying with the idea of a cycle in which i did. Work 4 hours then i thought i run from work come back pick up bike and cycle home

HA!!! that will teach me for having ideas. They didn't finish the delivery last night so that had to be done it was HOOOOGE. Couldn't get out at 11 Boss boss was there asked if i stay till it finished so i did an extra hour.

So if i ran and biked it would be 2 hours till i got home i was already hungry i couldn't wait that long so i cycled home ate and ran a few hours later bike still in legs and legs definitely feel wonky but like the other week when i did a similar thing my pace was quicker esp on the onset than in other runs

It seems that if i leave a few hours between bike and run it seems to work ok even though legs don't feel it.

So i went and run only 3.20 miles just over 27 miles for the week biggest in a while plus my 9½ mile cycle home gave me 100 miles for the month

sorry that was Epic.

RFJ Nice racing there  all looking good

Alehouse  hope things eases tomorrow

• None taken at all Night-owl. Well done on getting your biking and running miles in around some extra work.
  • Evening

Rest Day today.

Catch up time.

• alehouse - do you massage your feet? Maybe that would help.

LMH - guess you will just have to keep an open mind then and try not to put any pressure on yourself, and just say, "what have I got today" and hope for the best.

RFJ - great race - you are going really well.

emzap - well done on your parkrun and happy anniversary.

I've been watching the World Champs, we have very good TV coverage here, awful to see our girl fall in the 1500m heats. We don't have many people competing. Not good to see a couple of British getting dq for moving on their blocks! And the biggest upset Bolt getting dq for breaking!!!

The Kenyan women were awesome in the marathon and the 10,000m.

What: Just a short walk with my family.

Why: Just trying the older people need more recovery approach!

Good running everyone.