Time to resurrect a Strictly thread!

Comments

• I've booked to see Anton and Erin at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham - also the SCD Live Tour at the NIA! Something to fill that SCD hole!
  • Ooh! I'm a bit jealous Sqwark image

Hope you have a lovely time at both evenings. Will you report back and let us know what they're like? I'm curious about how Artem gets on with Nancy image

• I had tickets to see Anton and Erin but had to cancel because I wouldn't have been able to sit through it (gave the tickets to my friends) image. I'm not even going to attempt it this year.

I am looking forward to the Christmas special, although I have no idea who is in it. I expected to be in on Christmas evening but have now been ordered to attend the SIL's for dinner, so I will prolly catch up with it while Mr S is at w*rk on Boxing Day image

• Will def report back. I can't begin to imagine how Artem will get on with Nancy...... image
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one watching? image

• Am I missing it???? image

<switches on tv>

• It started at 8.  I've missed half of it. image  Think I will wait and watch the whole thing on replay.  See you later.

Merry Christmas.

x

Sigh, Mr SD wants to watch Once Upon a Time in the West that I bought him on blueray.  Its a long film.........see you tomorrow. imageimage

• BB ✭✭✭
    They've all been pretty good so far, considering the limited amount of training
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas Soupy image
  • Still watching Once Upon A Time in the West.  Good film but not quite Strictly.  And I'm getting bored now.  image

But at least Bruce isn't in it. image  And Charles Bronson is a bit dishy. image But the gawjuss Henry Fonda plays a mean bad guy.   Which all shows how old the film is lol. 

<yawn>  I've seen the film twice before.

• BB ✭✭✭
    You will at least be able to fast forward through the Brucie bits ... lucky you, they are dire!
  • Ta B, good point - you've just cheered me up. image
  • I've finally watched it - fast forwarding the Brucie bits.  I thought it was good show. image So here's to next year, and thanks for everyone's company along the way. Always a bit sad when it comes to an end. But I'm seeing the live tour in February so I'll come back to say how it goes.

Happy New Year everyone. image

• Happy New Year fellow Strictlies {when it comes of course}

See you all next September? October?

• I enjoyed that - much better than last year's.

Apart from Su Pollard they were all pretty good. I'm grateful that we only got one episode of Su, I couldn't stand much more of her. The only decent thing about her dance was Artem and Pasha in the background with reindeer antlers!

Simon: thought the song didn't really suit a cha cha and his trousers looked too tight!

Deborah: nice lines and pretty elegant

Barry: good sense of humour and made a good stab at the QS

Charlie: dance of the evening for me and she had a great partnership with Vincent

Happy New Year until next September! image

• Coooeeee!!! Hello, anyone here?? (dusts cobwebs off glitter ball)

I went to see Strictly Live Tour last night!! image  It was brilliant and very very funny. 

Harry - did his AT and Quickstep which was just fantastic

Chelsee - did her quick step and show dance (quick step fabulous but still didn't rate the show dance). We were in Sheffield but Chelsee thought she was in Newcastle (bless). image

Jason - did his jive and AT (both great and his AT was actually better than Harry's)

Robbie - did the cha cha cha and the passo (I think?).  He was rubbish but admitted he was rubbish and was quite witty and funny

Mark Foster (remember him?) did a waltz and a samba  - he was much better than he used to be and still has a torso to lust over.

Anita - did the Samba and a Charleston and she smiled the way through them, just like on the telly.

Then there was Nancy! image  She totally played the diva role and sent herself up superbly.  Very, very funny.

Len, Craig and Bruno were on form with the usual comments and we all voted at the end.  Harry won.

Brilliant night out. image

• omg Soupy I didn't realise that was what was on last night! I went for a run at the Don Valley stadium and I was tutting about the traffic lol!

Soooo jealous though, sounds like a brilliant evening! X
  • I was tutting about the traffic too Len!  It was hell, thought I was going to be late and miss it!  I went with my Mum and sister who live out that way.  I would have waved to you if I'd known. image

• TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Yikes, saw this on the top of the page and thought ????

I read a review on the tour and it said pretty much the same as what you said SD image

Lucky you going to see it. I went to see it years and years ago when it first started, can't remember who I saw though image

Wonder who the new judge will be?
  • Bendon has been bitching about Alesha according to the news on Yahoo.  Something about hoping for a judge with more than a year's dance experience.  But I have to agree with him.  It needs a woman to balance out the men a bit - I'd like to see Karen Hardy but I suppose she might have some bias.
  • Thanks for the review, SD. It sounds a lot of fun image

I think the new judge has to be a woman but I'm not sure about Karen Hardy. Some of the stuff she says on Choreography Corner were a bit gushing.

• Ummm......Soupy, forget Foster's torso, he bats for the other side.
  • oh yeh, I remember now - thanks Wolfie. image
  • went and saw Vincent and Flavia doing their Midnight Tango show last night - it was jaw droppingly good image   footwork was incredible, Flav is more muscular than I thought, and Vincent had vpl  image

overall just stunning image

• image at Vincent's vpl

sounds a great show fraggle. I'd love to see the two of them perform. image

I'm going to the barbican on Valentine's day for their usual light romantic classics concert and its being hosted by Anton. image 

• I had a 'Strictly Weekend' in January, when I saw Anton and Erin dance at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham on the Saturday, and the 'Strictly Live Tour' on the Sunday! Both were fantastic in different ways - Anton and Erin danced in a very polished classic ballroom style, and the Live Tour was just amazingly energetic. Harry won - no surprises there - and Jason was second.

I've booked to see Midnight Tango when it comes to these parts in June. image

• DARCEY BUSSELL to replace Alesha????

NOOOOOOOOO!!! She really annoyed me when she was guest judge! 

Bah. 

Is all.

x

• I wasn't too impressed with her either.  I don't recall her contributing much at all which was most disappointing. But I'll give her time to settle in. Can't be worse than Alesha.
  • At least she is a professional dancer, so should have some interesting critique for the contestants rather than "for me, that was good" image

How many months until the new series starts?! *bounces with excitement* image