Plodding All Over The World

Morning..

Restday today as per schedule, but need to catch up!

Happy plodding all

Comments

• morning (as it now is)
    can't stand Status Quo, but know I'l have that toon (?) in my head all day now - thanks Bodjit. Daughter of one of the Quo (as you can call them if you've heard them more than once) is in Kid A's class at school actually - bet you didn't know Teddington was so rock n roll?

Up early cos in bed early, and didn't finish off chores before I went to sleep.

Foot a bit tired after yesterday's "speed " session, so rest today, unless I get dragged into parents' race at Kid A's school. Also Kid A's leaver's assembly, which means I have to listen to my fave chair of govs droning on - shame cos I'm actually quite good at public speaking (tho I say so myself). May have to take a book to stop myself getting too wound up - he's really getting under my skin at the mo.

Now, do I look like an American and walk across to school in my trainers in case I have to run, or do I go in sandals and just refuse? Obviously will be in hot pink dress and NOT running kit.

Worried about school hols, as haven't done enough work, and when will I get my nails done (oh, and exercise of course?)

Chores call....
  • oh oh oh
    just realised that Windsor 1/2 is two weeks earlier than I thought - off for a panic ...
  • Sandals,and refuse!

See you at Windsor....

• Morning,

I like the title Bodjit. You seem to be worrying an awful lot about these schedules, im concerned for you.

Im off to see the physio tonight to see if i get the all clear to return to training. Im taking my NEW SHOES so that he can check they are suitable. If all goes well, I can start training tomorrow!!
  • Morning all, easy 5 miles over lunch for me after yesterday's 10K race. I'll have to check the website later for the official results as I forgot to stop my stopwatch.
    Am now training for 10 miler at Harlow in 2 weeks. Quite looking forward to that. I've already got my startpack and the t-shirt is already in there. I'll wear it after the event; feels like I've earned it then.

Alf, hope you'll get the all-clear so you can go out in your NEW SHOES!

Hapy plodding all!
  • Bargain! Getting the t-shirt before the event!! I might enter just for the t-shirt...
  • Slo

you train too much

Bodjit

shall take your advice

Alf - good luck with physio. Am seeing P Trainer tomorrow and shall ask her whether I need to do similar.

• Morning all :0)

Grumpy today. Had bad stomach all weekend, so no plodding since Thursday.

Alf - good luck with physio.

H x
  • Morning.

3 mile plod this morning but feeling very frustrated as tried to register for Nike 10k at 6.00am this morning and kept freezing at the point when I fed it my credit details. Now can't get back on to the web site as 'too busy'. Also, worried that I might have paid 5 or 6 times but no place! Have organised 15 parents to register for this but I doubt if we'll get one or two into it at this rate.

Anyway rant over now. Lovely 4 mile walk up in the Peak District and have a child-free week as in-laws have taken them off for a week by the sea. Late night shopping calls!
  • Morning.
    Planning a lunchtime plod but just realised i've forgotten my digital watch. Since i'm still run/walk this could be crucial (visions of me plodding round hyde park trying to focus on the second hand of my 'smart' watch and remember how many times it's been round :o)
    Maybe i'll have to resort to the dreadmill instead - or run carrying my mobile phone? I'll let you know how it goes.
  • G,day - will try not to post too much today and do some work instead !

Although will have to check out for any runs worth registering for first like the Nike 10k ;)

Just about recovered from the weekend bug, so hopefully fit for a 3-4 mile plod tomorrow morning.
  • back from France and no plodding for 2 weeks. Reckon the Harlow and the GNR is off. Also tried to register for the Nike 10 at midnight and cant even work out how to register! Feeling low. :0(
  • Hi Chris!

I'm sure you'll manage the GNR it's still quite a few months away. Take it slowly and you'll get your fitness back (how are the orthotics working out?).

Been trying all morning with Nike - absolutely hopeless. Did e-mail the organisers at 6.30am to complain and suggest that if they were only offering on-line registration to 20,000 people that they should, at least, have a robust IT system.

Keep your chin up!
  • Thank you, the orthotics are great but the achilles and now knees bad. Still just managed the Nike entry so got back will to live. If all else fails itll be me and Paula on the 7th!
  • Morning all.
    Not wishing to start a NEW SHOES discussion here but thought I'd let you know I got my NEW SHOES at the weekend. They're Asics 130s, a fairly neutral shoe with the DuoMax bit in the heal for a bit of stability (v slight over pronation). I wore then round the flat on Saturday, and then to the gym on Sunday - even managed an impromtue (sp?) aerobics class (which was rubbish!) so I reckon they're going to be great to run in. I have a feeling they may rub a bit on the backs but with a longer sock they should be fine (maybe I'll have to give in to the 1000 mile socks - oh well more shopping!)

I was doing intervals on the rower at the weekend. Man, I must either be really unfit or just have no self disipline as I find them so tough - the silly thing is when I first did them with the instructor pushing me I managed the full 3000m (500 easy, 500 sprint) in (just) under 15min. Guess I'm just lazy! Any tips on making it any easier (psychological ones probably!)

Running tonight, NEW SHOES being well, I'm going to up my distance a bit - pushing 4k now with about 8 weeks to go until 5k. Easy! (she hopes!)
  • Impromptue might be better?
  • morning all, no plodding this weekend as have a houseful of guests...husbands family but feel a bit rude running away !

Theyve taken the kids to the seaside today, so Im going to go off to the gym for a run on the treadmill and a sauna, pool session.

have fun at the sports day FLR..
  • For those of you trying to get into the Nike 10k - just keep pressing refresh on each page until it displays. Got in after about 10 tries on each page !
  • impromptu

sorry the tummy bug seems to transferred by electronic means after all

sports day good in parts - Kid A first in one relay and last in one. Got rained on a bit but managed to avoid parents race.

Feeling very low now - hoping tuna roll will sort me out. Woman who said she would childmind Kid B one night a week next term has changed her mind. And glimmer of work hope seems to have been extinguished - maybe just my mood. Got in to read imperious email from chair of govs -sooooooooooooooooooooo tempted to tell him to feck off and bore some other group of parents, arrogant t***

Better do some work, it may even help with mood in a calvinist work ethic sort of way
  • Thanks FLR, had a feeling it looked wrong! Need spell check on here!
  • personally I revert to manual procedures - no not another posting for the Men Only thread, I meant a dictionary
  • Right, I'm off to Richmond Park with Mr S and dog for very gentle 20-30 min plod, only on the flat bit.
  • keep off those hills

Have a good one
  • LOL FLR, actually I do own a dictionary but was too lazy - I'm normally the one correcting other people's spelling but this one got the better of me! :)
  • Had a get away weekend at Disney, so didn't do any plodding since last week...rollerbladed yesterday..does that count? Rest today, and then back on schedule again. Big 18 miler on Saturday...argghhh...who signed me up for this insanity?......oh, wait....I did...never mind..
  • It is good to see that everyone is in a happy mood today.....

• PInk - the lazy way to spell check is to open a word processor, type the word in and then spell check it, before using alt + tab to 'flick' back here. The really lazy way is just to leave it incorrect.

Jase - good to hear from you, too.

Wish I'd had a weekend at Disney. Then again, Id probably have spent the weekend and all my money on 'Tigger' merchandise for Mrs Tupper...