Fat club - Friday 20th

2»

Comments

• Cheers! Welcome to the weekend.

You lucky sods! I've still got an evening surgery to do. And the Sainsbury expedition afterwards. Quite like that nowadays because running means I can eat so much, and few things make me happier than an overflowing trolley. Quite like doing surgeries too, but don't tell the boss or he'll make me pay him for the privilege of working.

Happy hols, Michelle. Enjoy it all. You've got the rest of your life to recover.

• GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    I'm running in my first event for three years this weekend. Chariots of Fire charity run in Cambridge, relay race with 1.8 mile stages. I suppose it will be ok, but I'm (even more) painfully slow on short distances.

Despite the fact I live in Cambridge I'm running for our work team from Hemel Hempstead - the Cambridge team is full.

How much carbo-loading do you have to do for a 1.8 mile race?
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    V-rap, I didn't realise you had a boss? In theory I do, but as no-one else understands what I do they don't bother me much.
  • Right, I am well and truly in holiday mode now.. went out to get the holiday bits & bobs and suddenly found myself sitting in the coffee shop with a big slice of Victoria Sponge in front of me.. dunno how that happened! Anyway must do the packing at some stage tonight.. Nutty boys are off to the Siamese Cat Cattery early in the morning (very elite, only Siameses allowed..!!) and I am going to open a bottle of champagne very shortly.. first have to do the round of 'goodbye' phone calls to family & friends.. then have to clean the house...God I'm only going for a week - you'd think I was emigrating! Take care all & be good.. yeah, like I'm going to be this week..!!!
    Michelle x
  • LOL, Glenn! But enjoy your run. And carbo-load if you feel like it, but a good warm-up will probably help your pace even more.

In theory I'm a full partner in an independent business, so I don't have a boss. In real life, I'm answerable to a variety of official bodies from the Department of Health downwards as well as to the man or woman in the street, I'm paid by the health authority, and Lay-Zee-Boy has been here about 2 years longer than me and fancies himself as top dog. However, I operate on the "Do things my own way because what are they gonna DO to me if I don't?" principle, and dream of taking Fizgog, the practice nurse, and a couple of selected staff, and setting up an independent practice in a place that doesn't look like pre-revolution Bucharest.
  • Have a fab time Michelle - think of us won't you?! NOT!

Glenn - good luck for the weekend - you probably need LOADS of carbo-loading to get through.

V-rap - how do you cope? I am counting down the minutes till I can abscond (currently 29 and a half!) then I am off homewards, to start onthe housework tonight so I can have some me-time over the weekend, which includes running for the first time since last Saturday, as my foot finally feels a bit better. Glenn, I didn't get new shoes yesterday, as they didn't have any that were any good in my size, being a big-footed girlie with relatively narrow feet, but I am off to Milton Keynes tomorrow where they have proper shops to see if I can find some:-)

Have great weekends folks, whatever you get up to (I am starting to sound like Alan Titchmarsh signing off of Gardner's world - Oops showing myself up now!)

X
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Thanks very much for your kind thoughts everyone. I'm touched - and I'm a cynical old git.
  • Well, have a good weekend all. I am going out for dinner with my beautiful fiancee this evening to celebrate our anniversary (of sorts). Tomorrow I've got a full footie game to play in - it's like a 90 minute fartlek training session - brilliant. Then the rest of the weekend will be spent trying to decide whether to give up my current job which is very well paid but which I detest in favour of job I used to do and loved but doesn't bring the same financial rewards... how's that for a chocolate and alcohol inducing dilemma???
  • Vrap Just DO it
    Theyre so short of GPs that it would be a viable proposition
    Ill do your complementary stuff, with the od acute session at the hospitl to keep my acute fix up---