Excited new runner

Comments

• Good to hear from you Boo - keep up the good work, but try to have some you time too. You sound so busy xx

• Hi all,

Hi Emma, good to hear you're still working towards your December target, hope the presentation goes well on Friday

Maam, I'll have my fingers crossed for you as well, encouraging noises from your consultant image

Stripes, my thoughts exactly I wouldn't have to start a plan until May.

Booey, good to see you around these parts, what time are you hoping for @ Silverstone?

Tuesday was Jog Scotland night, took the 5 mile group around Dalneigh and Central, there was only five of them, so many have started to hibernate because of the cold weather image.

Tonight I did an easy 8 miles in 90mins, I could run forever at these paces image

• Hey everyone,

I know it isn't running, but I'm nervous and excited.  Got a call about 4pm today about the job application I submitted to be considered for 8 available jobs.  I've got an interview on Monday just waiting confirmation of time.  I'm now bricking it as can't seem to get head straight to be confident.

Have a great weekend all, I'm off home for family time up North xxx

• Great news Maam!  

You got time to get your head straight - they call today wanting to see you monday - sounds really positive!! will keep everything crossed for you xxx

• Great news indeed, fingers crossed image

• Thanks for the support guys, sure will have a freak out between now and then, plus will have the nervous wait after image

• image image image loving the christmas themed smileys!!!!

RNLI santa 10k fun run tomorrow.  been customising my suit as it was a one size fits all but have basically cut the leg waaaaay to short. I have ankle swingers!

will let you know how it goes image

• Hope you have a great run today Emma, make sure you post a pic or two in that outfit.

Waves to everyone elses, hope you're all well and getting the miles in.

Just back from my long run, and boy! it was long and hilly 16 miles in just under 3hrs, got my feet up now relaxing with a cuppa and a mince pie, well it is Christmas image

•  

Hi all - was funny.  The santa suit was waaaaay too hot - first I chucked the beard, then the hat, then the belt - then saw my OH at the 5k mark and took off the santa trousers!  Then it was plain sailing!

Pics to follow!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wt7np0y/exercise.png

• cracking photo Emmaimage

• Great pic Em, totally loving it!

Stewart - loving the new name image

Interview done, no idea how went just can't decide.  One minute I think good then next minute I think no chance.  Now just to wait, should know by end week.

• hi all

day off today - day off work and day off running. throat has been bad since last friday and was like glass this morning but appears better now. have baked several hundred cheese straws for the families - and neighbours! chocolate log to be created at the weekend in preparation for the big day.  

back on it with the running tomorrow....

• ho ho ho - anybody out there 

• Hi Emma image

how is everyone getting on, Maam did you hear anything about the job, I've been running like a madman as usual, not long back from my final run of the week, 45 miles for the week and 129 for the month so far, next week is a cutback week so I'll probably do around 30ish.

On Monday it will be only 12 weeks until the Inverness HM, I'm planning to base build for a further 3 weeks and then look to get some tempo/speed work into my training program.  Anyone else got a race lined up after the holidays?

• Hi all

Still no word on the job front, you never know i might hear something tomorrow.

Good milage Stewart! Don't over do it though image

I'm still planning on the Silverstone on March 3rd but will have to see how it goes.

Christmas is definately time for too much food! Was out Last Sat, Sun, Tues, Thurs, then this Saturday night, lunch time today, then it's Christmas itself.  Where will the rest be put, I'm stuffed! image

• here here - everyone have a lovely day tomorrow with your loved ones!  image

• Evening All

Sorry to desert you over Christmas but hope you all had a great time and ate loads! I had 2 helpings of Christmas pud followed by trifle for dessert - no secret about my sweet tooth hey. Had a great day considering it started at 5.30 with kids waking up all excited and finished at midnight after we got back from my SILs party in Twickenham. Boys did a great job of behaving, staying awake and amazingly not having any meltdowns! Needless to say they zonked as soon as we got in the car to come home last night. Off to Yorkshire to see the northern side of the Silver family tomorrow morning. After cooking for 8 on Xmas day I'm hoping to get some parental pamper for the next 2 days.

And as for running - well Dec started well with 10 days of continuous 3 or 4 milers but then I was hit with a mega migraine which after a day off work seemed to hang around for 3 or 4 days. Haven't been back on the tready since and infact it now has a case of Christmas plonk on the running belt. Hopefully Ill dust it off when we return!

Enjoy rest of hols all and happy running!
  • Silver - Sounds like you are having crazy busy time of it.  Enjoy your time in the land of greatness, sure your folks will pamper you well.

Hope everyone has had a great Christmas, know that I have and so very happy with all Santa brought.

Had mum n dad over from Christmas Eve till Thursday and they are coming back today till New Years Day.  Better get some shopping in image

Have a fab New Year Everyone, sure 2013 will be a good one.  I know early to wish all well but I'm off for tests in hospital on Monday where I'll be sedated so not sure will be up to much.  All routine, but think I might be a bit out of it image

• Can someone explain why I am now eating mince pies for breakfast?

Had a great time in Yorkshire with the folks. Mum made another Christmas lunch for us on Thursday evening including Christmas Pud. It's been a foodfest this Christmas for sure and I need to move my booty and lose a couple of pounds. I

Ive really enjoyed the hols but I'm actually looking forward to getting back to the usual routine and back into training for my next HM. Watfords on Feb 3rd but I'm not sure if I have time to get in shape for it.

I'm off to move all the crap off the tready - well it's a start isn't it! image

Happy New Year All!
  • Silver - Mince Pies for breakfast, really - that is taking Christmas a tad too far.  Have fun clearing the tready off. Sure it'll be great getting back to normal and shedding the christmas pounds.

Been food fest here too as just back from all you can eat chinese!

• hey everyone - last day of running for the year tomorrow.... time to get that last one in then stat time!!!! I had a quick look at mine - the hours i've spent running and the calories i've burned!  Should make an interesting read!!image  still not willing to end the christmas smileys just yet...... am loving the tree too, so its staying up until next weekend (when are they meant to come down by?)

Anyone got any plans for tomorrow night?  I plan to stay in and enjoy not having to go into work new years day (though I have to work tomorrow!) Boooooo

• Final run today - 4.20 miles in the peeing down rain!!! 

111.64 miles for the month 
    1018.00 miles for the year 
    189 hours 
    113,000 calories 

Looking forward to resetting the clock and beating these stats next year.

Happy New Year everyone

• Hi all,

End of year stats

8 miles for my final run of the year

180 miles for the month

1000 miles for the year(started running in feb)

Happy new year guys and gals hoping you all have an awesome 2013 image
  • Great Running everyone and Happy New Year.

Had great night out with friends yesterday, just bit groggy after hospital but all ok.  Only issue is that they hit the nerve in my wrist putting the drip in image Ouch!!!

Have great day and let the 2013 running tally start, well for all of you image

• Won't be long and you will start to accumulate some miles
  • Well been to the Dr and the nerve issue is temporary carpal tunnel syndrome which will take at least 2 weeks to heal, in the mean time need to keep use of hand/wrist to a minimum. Welcome to 2013!

• Hi everyone Happy New Year to you all image and hope you had a lovely Chrimbo image

back to normal today for most of us I guess image

I did run over Xmas but I have to say not as much as I should have because of the awful weather image even my local running route of 3.5 miles had 2 major floods of which I was unable to use unless I wanted water upto my calfs image but the runs I did manage I really enjoyed....am hoping the water is subsiding abit now

I reckon I have put on about 5lb which is just terrible image so from today I am back on it with a vengence image weight loss and high mileage solid for the next 2 months to take me upto Silverstone HM image