Excited new runner

Comments

• Good luck Booey! Im planning a HM in March eek! I actually lost a few pounds over xmas - I work really long hours usually so having time off to run during the day was fab and I made the most of it hehe! Floods sound really annoying -  theres not much you can do about that image hope you get some good (not underwater!) runs in the next few days!

I did spin last night as it was really dark and blowey by the time I finished work so caught the last spin class. Sadly Im working til 2300 tonight so not much chance of a run today image  Hopefully Ill make it to running club tomorrow evening woohoo!!

• *sticks head sheepishly in*
    ....er...hello. I'm still alive.....remember me? Er...I...er.....no excuse!

Happy new year!

• Helloooo Mal!!!  no need to be excused - you have a busy life!  nice to hear from you though!

Complete day off work today, so laid in until 11am.  Disgusting isn't it.... then took the xmas decs down, goodbye to the christmas tree image

Did a massive clean though and am have written out all my 2013 birthday cards and got some bits for Christmas this year, in the sales - santa fun sticker books etc for all my mates little kiddies....nothing too drastic.

May go for a run tomorrow, if not then definitely a long run on sunday.  i've ran a lot recently so having 2 days off in a row won't be a massively bad thing image

Got a small race end of this month at Broadlands estate in Romsey - its a five miler and its local - plus there's a medal at the end of it. 

ttfn x

• hey,

just took our decs down too. or should i say took some down and then said for oh to do rest. it is so hard working with only one hand, especially when left hand and im right handed image this is not getting easier image

• oh Maam - you've really been in the wars recently haven't you - keep your chin up though, your wrist will mend soon and your dicky knee sounds like its definitely improving!!!

All our crimble decks are gone except the flashing led lights in the hallway image not giving up on christmas that easily....

Just come back from a 5.3 mile run with my fella on his bike for company.  Work tomorrow - booooo, why do weekends go so quickly!

• I think that we should have a 5 day weekend and 2 day week on the same pay, and of course workload adjusted acordingly image

Feeling a bit like when will I be healthy, when I feel like I'm getting there something else puts a spanner in the works. Ouch, wrist hurting image

• Maam, so sorry you're suffering. Em your run/ride sounds great, what a nice way to spend a weekend day.

I've been running sporadically and not enough really, starting to feel the urge to get out in the fresh air. Went for a lovely muddy walk with the children today.

Lots of adventures on here while I've been away. Hi to all the people I've not met yet.

Can't promise not to disappear again, I'm under the weather a bit lately.
  • Hi everyone

Well my NY has started as I mean to go on, my first few days of Jan I have completed 22 miles image did the ressy run Saturday and actually did a lap and a half (nearly 10 miles) I struggled abit towards the end but it has been a while since I did a 10 miler.  Just need to shift some pounds and then onwards and upwards to Silverstone image got a few smaller races before then image

While I think, here is the code for £10 off at Sweatshop until 11th Jan TGHJNY, I have stocked up on my runners and purchased a pair of Asics already in the sale and got them for £36 whey hey image well worth using if you need something image

• Hey all

Boo - great milage! Fab start to the year.

Mal - good to see you back, hope you feel better soon, know how tough always feeling down.

Knee update - physio happy with me, muscles finally starting to work. Need strengthening but I'm allowed back on my cross trainer (as long as I don't do too much) image  Don't think Silverstone is going to be an option, I don't want to rush this, I want to get it right so can keep running.  Now just to get wrist sorted and all will be good again, oh and rid of the runny nose but guess just that time of year. Here is to a good 2013 image

• Club run last night, 5 miles image its all going good image could be on for record mileage this month for me image might even get over the 100 who knows image

• Go for it Boo - Sounds like a good target to aim for to me. 

I'm going to get on the cross trainer today and try to start the weight loss again, put on a few pounds over Christmas and need to get it all gone ready for holidays.

• OK, cross trainer didn't happen, danish pastry did instead image guess diet will have to wait until tomorrow.

I hope that everyone is doing well.

I'm watching Les Mis, looking forward to the cinema next week, tisues at the ready!

• tried to sign up for silverstone today but missed the boat. gutted image

• Em - I had an email the other day to say only 7 weeks to go and that Silverstone was full, I just presumed you had already entered image

Maam - any cross training today image I went to see Les Mis on stage and loved it, hopefully get to see it at the cinema

Club running tonight hopefully image

• sadly not - as I started new job last august i've been away on lots of training courses - I have a 2 week intensive course (grad school) which may have landed either side of silverstone - instead now, it finishes just before so all excited I went online to book it yesterday.

Keep your ears open, in case anyone you know can't make it...... image

• Em - if you can just swap places you can have mine, no way I'll be ready in time.  If you want me to ring them and transfer to your name image

Only just in from work and not feeling great so no cross trainer for me image

Tired and down, need to pick up!

• oh MAAM!!!! that'd be great.  I'll transfer you the money immediately if they can do it?

• can you message me your name, number, email, address - just thinking details they will want

• Evening All

Still here and looking in from time to time. Sadly my ruining has been poor over Christmas and strangely I seem to have put on a couple of pounds mostly due to mince pies I think.

Good news is I did 3 miles on tready tonight and as of Monday I've been caffeine and diary free. I've spent most of the week with a splitting headache as a result but now it's happy days and I'm focused alert and sleeping like a baby!

Anyway looking for another half in a couple if months so any suggestions welcome. Maybe we can finally meet up and have a run together this year. At the moment I've got London 10k, Reading and Oxford on the radar. Bit more training needed beforehand though! image
  • Aw, lovely thing to do Maam.

Hi Booey , Em and Silver.

How's everyone doing?
  • Silver, well done on getting back on the tready, always good to get back on the wagon so to speak. I too am caffine and dairy free, it does help, but can be tough when you are pulling long days.  Just be careful if you do have caffine as it can give you shakes and heart tremmers if have too much once body not used to having it image

Mal - good to hear from you

I've been out delivering Avon catalogues this morning, decided to try and do something different, got heap job apps in again so fingers crossed something comes this time.

I'm just having a decaf brew then going to do some exercises, need to lose the pounds loaded over Christmas, but now the house is Christmas free it might just be possible to get back on track.

Love the idea of us all running together, even if a little one, will have to be later in the year for me.  Where is a central place to us all? I'm in Ellesmere Port (near Chester).

Have a great weekend everyone xxx

• I've been on the cross trainer!!!! Only managed a minute or so but at least it is a start.  Did a bit on floor bike and knee exercises and sit ups image I'm coming back!

• Thanks Mal, feels good to be doing something again, did more sit ups this morning, and not forgetting the housework image

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

How is Tripes, not heard from him in a while???

• Well done maam, good to here you're on the way back,

Silver, glad your back on the training, I couldn't survive without my cuppa

Emma, good running keep up the good work,

I'm still plodding along, getting the miles in the bank, 44 miles last week, just back from my long run, 14 miles and I ran part of the HM route.
  • Mileage is still going well, plenty of running being done image problem is I dont seem to be losing weight image oh well all in good time I guess

Snowing heavy here at the minute (Northampton)  image I hate it image

Maam - keep up the good work, you will get there image

• Em - sorry but can't transfer the place to you image seems a bit mean given they have my money and I don't get a refund. Oh well, next year image

• Maam - just send Em the number etc when you get it, all that happens is she runs under your name, loads of people do it image

Club run last night in the cold and ice, managed just under 5 miles without falling image it was very trecherous in places I have to say image loved it though image love running in the freezing cold image

• Boo - too late for that, we tried to do it above board so they have stopped the pack being issued to me but won't transfer the place image

Well done getting out in the cold x