Options

Excited new runner

Comments

• Options

Em - can you view the marathonfoto website image I have tried on 3 different computers and it just comes up with a sorry message, summat to do with browser????   So I have still not looked at the pics from Silverstone image can anyone else get on it??

• Options
    Booey my friend at work got on there I think. I'll ask her tomorrow and let you know.
  • Options

Aw Booey I'm sure you look fab in all the photos, looking forward to seeing them.

• Options
    Blimey Mal you were up late last night - did you get the essay done? Not sure how you find time to study with the kidlings let alone.....RUN! image
  • Options

I finished the essay, submitted at 3am! Phew! I find time by not sleeping, ha ha!

• Options

Yaay we have the doggie back later image for a few days.  My friend has had to rush to Scotland her mum had been rushed to hospital image looking after doggie is the least we can do image

Anyone managed to view the pics yet?

• Options

Booey - try from this link:

http://www.marathonfoto.com/Half-Marathon/Adidas-Half-Marathon-Silverstone-2013/LastName/Lewin/BibNumber/930/offering/myMarathonfotos/RaceOID/19802013W2

You were bib 930 right? image

Sorry for my absence - I would have liked to have chuckled at silvers comment a few days ago (LOL).  Only tiny people would feel like they had to pass comment at someone going out and bettering themselves.  because there's not much can be done for a tiny one of them now is there!

Its weird - sometimes I get an email notification that someones posted on here and a link I click on - but other times I get nothing.... which is generally when i'm absent from the forums as I just forget that it even exists.

Paper cut today on little finger.  very painful for something that's invisible.

Mal - well done on the essay! fingers crossed for a good result!  

Maam - good to hear you can pick up on the s&m parties now you can get those leather stilettos on (right?)

So tired right now.  up early for a run today.  it hurt running into that wind. so slow and really took my breath away!  

• Options
    S and M parties??? Stilettos??? I thought this was a running forum. Did I miss something???
  • Options

Em - I like your thinking, but will stick with plain fancy dress for now at least, think I'm not confident for S&M yet, plus stilettos, couldn't wear them before I hurt my knee lol xxx

• Options

Nope still cant get on the website Em, I have no idea why as I can get on every website going image keeps telling me about cookies etc oh well never mind

Across the fields doggie walking this morning and it was beautiful image

• Options

Hey all, physio says I can run and all being well can do a 10k race in May, but steady as I go image

• Options

Booey - well I can see them and you look great.... image

• Options
    Ma'am that's great news - why not do the London 10k with me!!!

Been pummelled again by the physio today - he's a dado masochist for sure he loves inflicting pain! My backs feeling great though. Hopefully start running again next week then I'm back on it training for HMs. Can't wait and the days are getting longer too. Yay!!
  • Options

Maam thats great news am so pleased for you image take it steady for starters

Silver goad your back is on the mend even though you have to go through torture to get there image

I am still dog walking so running is not happening at the moment image want to make the most of having her so running can wait and I have no races planned image really hope the weather starts to change more spring like very soon image

• Options

Thanks for the support everyone, I've agreed to hold off my first run till April (1stimage) as my OH wants me to get bit more strength first.

Just seen also that the GNR is 6 months today!!! image OMG, so close!!!

• Options

hi hi

Maam - fab news.  Sorry i've been off line again - no notifications coming through so I forget to check!

Off subject a bit, does anyone know some good total sunblock that I can use on my face when running - ie. does'nt drip into my eyes but stops me getting (even more) haggard looking?

Really like the look of the London 10k in July..... its a bit of a trek and would mean an early morning but I'm contemplating it.  Anyone else going to consider it?  #team run #medals for everyone #discounted food afterwards image

• Options

Think I might consider it too Em, would be good to do, will make a better decision once I've been for a run and can judge where I'm at.

Will have a closer look and let you know.

Been having a catch up on house stuff today after a long day yesterday, came home from working (6am-10:30) to find 2 dozen roses from my OH to celebrate 2 years together then he took me out to a South African restaurant for dinner, that was after watching a poor England team lose out on the Grand Slam, Six Nations title. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Pics of flowers to follow image

• Options

Something has happened to the way my screen works, I can't upload n the format seems different somehow, like it has changed format or something image

• Options

awww - never mind!  happy 2 years!  i bet the flowers were lovely!! 

• Options

Happy 2 year Anniversary Maam image

Well our doggie lodger is going home tonight so I guess I better think about running again image not run since Silverstone image image

The weekend -

Six Nations - gutted we should have won the grand slam image well done Wales

F1 - well done Lewis Hamilton great result for the first race image

Tennis - Rafa Nadal won at Indian Wells image I think we can safely say he is back image

Snow - yes we had loads yesterday morning - come the afternoon all gone and floods everywhere image

• Options

Hey all

Just thought would pop on and say hi.

Boo - sorry to hear doggie has had to go home, but agree with you on the Six Nations and F1 image

Snow - what snow??? Not had any here, but has been very cold.

Enjoying a day off work after doing extra overtime my non working day is much needed!

• Options
    My Midwife has banned me from running but I am allowed more gentle exercise instead. Already got a pregnancy exercise DVD and starting "relax, stretch and breath" classes in 3 weeks. Boring!
  • Options

Sorry to hear that you can't run, but you have to put you and the baby first.  Hope the exercise DVD gives you the same buzz image 

I'm thinking of trying kettleball exercising and line dancing, of course along with running, cycling and general gym work.  Need to find out costs etc first, but I'm ready to give it a go

• Options

mean midwife - but so exciting another baby! 

had a run at lunchtime today - 4 and a bit miles.  I've lost my mojo a bit...but i'll keep going.  10k local race this weekend and my dad is coming to support.  awwww love my daddy soooo muchos

• Options

awww Em, Daddys are great image xxx

• Options

We are looking to get a dog image we want to rehome one, it has to be a Springer Spaniel the working type any age but not a puppy and any sex image but no major problems - if any of you hear of one let me know image

• Options

aah Booey - that's so lovely.  Dogs are the best.  We can't have one as we're not at home enough but I would really really love  a dog.  Will keep an eye out.  There's a dog rescue place near me so I'll see if they have anything.....image

• Options

I'm a relative newbie to running anything above a couple of miles, and it's been tremendous.

Unfortunately, my training for the Sandy 10 got slightly derailed for a spell after a run with our miniature schnauzer ended up with me in a heap after he detoured straight across me mid-stride. I missed him, thankfully, but caught a lot of crumbly tarmac. Not a lovely sight, and took a good fortnight before I could run again.

We went out last week after I scouted out a good off-lead section where he could come with me, and it's always encouraging when I'm doing what I describe as running, then look to my left to see him doing no more than a brisk walk, yawning occasionally.