Excited new runner

Comments

• Oh Hi All. Haven't caught up on posts but just to say I ran 3 times last week and am now comfortably back up to 5k without stopping. Oh Yes!!!! Silver is back!!!! Look out Mo I'm right behind you. Haha! image
  • Go Silver, Go Mo image

I am running a 10k in the morning. Sure I will be holding them off like Mo towards the finish image

• Good luck Stripes. Should be a great morning for it too. Just think of Mo and kick with 400 to go!
  • Cheers. Just looked up course online. It looks very nasty image

Dont think there will be much kicking going on image

Was after a new PB or even a sub 50:00 but no chance!

• HI everyone

hope everyones had a good weekend. i've mixed feelings about the end of the olympics tonight - i've really enjoyed it, but feel like now i've had enough now.... then the paralympics - should be good.

Ran 10 miles this morning, humid and sweaty!  still, its done.

Stripes - how did the race go today???? not the best weather for a PB but how did you get on?? image

• Hi all,

hope the running has gone well, sounds like you are all enjoying more than ever.  I've been watching Mo running and so wish was out there pounding the streets so went for a walk this morning, did about 400m without crutches, get me image

Got my croc pics too which I'll upload soon x

• Hi all,

Well done on the run Emma and the walk Maam.

The race went well. I wasn't quite prepared for how tough the course was(if you are bored search on here for the reviews of the 'Hermitage 10k') however I managed to complete it. The first three miles were almost all up hill including a steep climb out into the country and then there were some awkward downhill plunges later on. My watch time was 51.07 but I was on about 40 seconds before I crossed the start line. Havent seen any official results as yet. So not sure if I have beat my PB(51:00) but have definitely got the race bug again image

• Excellent run Stripes!!!!! book your next one!!!!

And well done Maam!  I know 400 metres - its the length of my tuesday night running track - it certainly feels like quite a distance on a tuesday night!!!

• Well done Stripes - def got that running bug back, now get the next race booked!

Em - 400m does feel a long way for me, but going to do a little walk at home later and use the Garmin to find out how far it is, just hope can do it in one go.  Walking is working slowly, but need to learn to drive and practice the stairs, not forgetting getting back to work.

Back on the diet today and getting some exercise image

• Been back on the walking today, did 550m in just over 10 minutes, felt tough and OH did come with me to literally hold my hand, but at least it I'm getting there.

I hope that everyone else is doing great image

• Official time is finally up 50:47. Even more determined to break the 50 minute barrier now. Searching for 'flat' 10k's to enter image
  • Wow - awesome stripes - you'll get the sub 50 in no time.

• Well done Stripes that's great going.

Just packing my runners for my hols. Determined to keep the momentum up while I'm away but it looks damn hot so it'll be early morning runs or no runs at all.
  • Thanks both.

Hope you are feeling okay after the walks Maam.

When do you go Silver? What date is the El Classico?

Got some work done and went for my LSR. Managed 12 miles but it was a struggle. Maybe it was tiredness from Sunday or perhaps it was the lovely weather image
  • Have a great holiday Silver.

I'm doing ok, frustrated more than anything image Keeping chin up and trying to do all I can to get right again.

Keep up the good work Stripes, but remember to rest when you need it, great 12 miles though image

• Just saying Hi. No time to read back, sorry.

• Hi, good to know you are still about image

• Glad you're all well. Hope the rehab keeps going well I bet you are dying to get your trainers back on and get out there.

Off to Espagna in Thursday morning so last day at work for 2 weeks tomorrow image. El Classsico is on 23rd but it doesn't start til 10.30 and my 8 yo will be shattered by then. I think the excitement will get him through it though. We have to fly back to Alicante at 8.55 next morning do no time for a lye in either.

Apparently it's 34C all week next week! Maybe I'll have to hold back on the running afterall. Have a good couple of weeks all. I'll try and login in from the side of the pool in Spain at some point. Adios Amigos!!
  • Have a great time Silver. Ask Messi to sign for Liverpool when you see him image

Hi Mal image

• If only Stripes - I hear the Barca museum is a shrine to the Liverpool teams of the late 70s and 80s. Apparently before they became the best club in Europe they aspired to be as good as Liverpool.

Haven't seen any decent signings yet have you? Did they offload Carol to Wedt Ham?
  • No. He is still there. Hope he stays but doubt it. Really hope Agger stays too. Didnt do the Barca museum, but the Real one was good. The Nou Camp is great though.
  • It all seems so quiet here. How is everyone getting on with the running?

Stripes - know your doing great

Silver - has gone to the lands of sunshine - I'm only jealous image

• Hi Maam. It is very quiet. How are you feeling?

I had another rest day yesterday so I will do two shorter steady runs today and tomorrow.

I may regret putting this on here but I have come to the conclusion that I am no longer scared of the Marathon so I am going to aim to do one next spring if I can stay injury free.
  • Hey stripes,

I'm doing ok, feeling stronger everyday at the moment. Just have odd moments where I seem to twinge if that makes sense. Hoping to try a longer walk today and see how I get on, but still not feeling confident on the clutch to drive image

Sounds like you have got the running bug big style, and as for the mara, don't regret it. Look at it and take it serious, treat it with full respect and don't rush towards doing it.  I looked at it before I did my knee in and got some useful info on other threads on here. Such as the half way point for knowing you are near completing one is when you can run 20 miles. The last 10k is the worst and to be prepared fully for it. It is a different beast altogether.  I wish you all the best of luck with it, but please take it slow and steady, even if that means going for it in 2014 rather than next year, but better to take it easier and be ready than risk injury. Wish I had the strength and confidence to try one, but after the last couple of months I'm still questionning if I'll ever fully run again image

Keeping chin high and doing what I can so fingers crossed image

• I don't know if you can click onto my forum threads, but this is one that you may find useful

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/beginners/how-big-a-jump-from-hm-to-marathon/192599-2.html

• Hi everyone

Sorry for the absence I just seem to be so busy at work of late image

I have been running a fair bit but still not put in a decent long run, and only 3 weeks sunday to my HM image starting to panic but I guess still time to get a couple in hopefully image

Stripes - well done on your 10K race and getting a PB, well done thats so good image

Maam - pleased to hear your walking as much as you can and I hope things are looking more positive

Silver - I know you have already gone away, but have a lovely time image

I am off to Brum tomorrow with Mum for shopping drinking and over nighter image cant wait image

Weather meant to be really warm over the weekend so I intend on sunbathing and either running very early or very late image

Have a great weekend and sorry for the flying visit

• Thanks Maam. Will have a read.

Hi Booey. Enjoy Birmingham.
  • Hi all

Silver - adios!!!!

Stripes - wow!!! the thought of doing a marathon would fill me with fear - I'd love to have 'done' one, but the time and training - woah - that's a whole different story - so fully support you going for it!!!! We can be your on line support!!!!

Maam - you're doing really well.... you've had knee surgery, you're walking again, then it'll be a little jog then running!!! 

Booey - you are the HM queen!!! i only did silverstone and it near on killed me *was hot wasn't it!!!*

Mal - hi image  hope you're feeling less fatigued and that little un is settling with nursery more!

• Hi all

Good to hear that everyone is still around and doing well. Hope everyone has great weekend plans.

I'm off to see our friends band play tomorrow night and that is all I have planned, other than exercising/walking/practicing driving image