Options

IE is dead

i can't use IE, it thinks I'm off line, however Chrome knows that I'm online.

Chrome is fine to use except I like the smilies in IE and the way my favourites are located, makes doing all the chores easy.
So I'd really like to get IE back.
Anyway that I can persuade IE that yes I am online.

I get a connect to interent option but I don't know what to type - I haven't used dial up for centuries.

Comments

• Options
    have you tried rebooting?? I'd do that first as it should reset the network drivers
  • Options
    Is "Work Offline" checked under the "File" menu. If you've got a screen that's asking for dial-up details you're looking at the wrong thing.
  • Options

Yeah, if Chrome knows you're online then DONT do the "connect to internet" thing

Edit: that post at 10:10 was her most recent. .... perhaps it's all gone horribly wrong....

• Options

FB - it happens frequently - over the past couple of days. Yes rebooting fixes it but then the same thing happens a few minutes later.

At the mo everything is ok. I'm not sure what changed.

No - work offline is not checked - IE just thinks I go off line every now and then even though I don't.

The dial up screen comes up by itself when you click on a link in the page - sometimes. This time it just worked.

I have to add, I've just changed to BT from Talk Talk and this has only happened since then.