Options

VLM 2012 first timers???

Comments

• Options

lol yes I noticed that one.

I look like I'm hating every second of it, I look so miserable. My advice to any other first timers would be to smile every now and again image. My OH has these grand plans to frame some of them and put them somewhere for everyone to see - bless him but that won't be happening !

Enjoy your pizza B&T, I had a chinese last night - yum.

• Options

I'm the exact opposite - in every picture so far, I'm grinning like a delirious cheshire cat!! It can definitely work the other way.

By the way, Rebecca, you mentioned getting a club place next year. How do you do that? Do you just apply through your running club, do you have to race for it?

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@Pip - for some reason on one of my pictures I've turned into a man at the Dallas Rock and Roll marathon image Don't get me wrong... I wouldn't mind looking like him image

I thought that I smiled really nicely at my finisher photo but instead I just look really tired and I swear you can see the tears!

• Options
    I didn't even see the finisher photos being taken, I assume I was just concentrating on keeping on my feet ... which I did until I saw the St Johns ambulance tent. There was a big concrete block outside it and I wasn't light headed enough to go in the tent but thought if I sit down there at least if I couldnt get back up there would be help at hand!

I've just been looking at my photos and then looking up people/numbers that were on mine to see how far they finished ahead of me. Strangely, I have found a guy running under a number that more than one person was using.

Also yesterday doing a similar thing watching the bbc marathon coverage I thought I'd look up people that were interviewed ... it turns out "wally" (as in wheres wally) who was interviewed and was a bloke (I think!) and was doing his 13th mara, actually had two girls first names, so number transferring certainly goes on!!!
  • Options
    Rebecca yup my OH said the same thing, 'we can a really nice photo and frame it with the medal and number'     hmmmmm I don't think so.  ........ he hasn't seen the photosimage
  • Options
    I'm 33963.

My finish photos look like I'm kind of enjoying myself (!!) in a manic way. Possibly due to the man calling my name over the tannoy!

The best ones are definitely with the kilted wonder, Emma McGlynn, at the start. We got so many cheers thanks to that skirt!
  • Options
    Loving reading the race reports and nosing at pictures. Huge congratulations again to everyone! We did it!! (I'm still bouncing about finishing)

I'm a mess this week, stairs still beating me and am stupidly tired, new long commute is not helping. Going to take this week off completely and start again Monday.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking about another one!! I swore never again at finish line, think i may have asked one of my friends to slap me if I ever entered another. Just need to decide on where now Edinburgh, Brighton and Stratford are the contenders.

Just looked at photos I'm either walking or taking micro steps in all of them. Was 3282 if anyone wants to stalk

Entered Cardiff half for a autumn goal and have just been invited to a wedding the day before so not going to be a pb attempt then

Len - will have a nose at the Nottingham half may be a good alternative for me 
  • Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

whoooop - going to look your beautiful faces up on now - yay!

My number is 38591.  Some classic ones.  Sadly, most walkingimage  But the 'smile' on my face was there from mile 17 to mile 26 - i know. My friends and family have all taken the same photos and my facebook photo is one of me running, crying, face screwed up but still waving to my supporters!  Brilliant.

Lets please all meet up and do a race together.  YAY!  There must be somewhere in the middle of most of us????

b&t = there is a half on 11th August not too far from you - moreton morrell or something like that......

Right - off to stalk!

• Options

little miss calamity   .......see you in Cardiffimage

kaff where the heck is moreton morrellimage

• Options

I think everyone looks great in their photos! Thanks go to Soggs or I'd never have figured out how to stalk you all image

Absolutely screaming to do another race this year... rather specifically, this one... but on top of the £60 fee you need to raise £750 for charity, and after everyone was so generous with my fundraising for the VLM, I really couldn't ask again image

• Options
    I look like I've been let out for the day. Stupid grin or overexcited hand waving! Emma looks great.
    I'm 53524.
    Weird how some of us get loads and others far less.
  • Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Pip – yay!  Soooooo nice to put a face to your name!  Love your photos.  And that you have so many looks (and genders) that you are rocking out! 

B&t – awww, you had B&T on your top!  You look very happy at the start.  And some man has forged your race number – naughty!

Soggs – LOVE your trainers.  I think you win the best trainers award.  (what are they?)

Rebecca – you look deep in concentration in your photos  and sooo happy in your finishers ones! 

Little-by-little – awww, you DO look so happy and excited in the photos – brilliant!

LMC – you look very focused in them all and looking way into the distance!

Emma – you look very happy with LBL too!!

RRR – you look just as fresh faced in the start as you did at the end!

Vickster - wow - you win the most photos award!  And the punching the air the most times award !

fizzipop- what's your race number?  Haven't found it in the thread....

• Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭
    b&t - it's in warwickshire.......which given my geography is not really that close to you?image or is it?image
  • Options

Some brilliant photos ....... I HATE MINE !!!!   I look so serious and I am not like that at all, I want to know what happened to the other photos, evertime I saw a camera I was doing these wild jazz hand waves waving my ribbon and ....................................nothing image  where are they !!

Kaff yes very smiley you see you looked like you were enjoying the whole experience ... whereas I didn't I think I am going  to have to tell everyone that none of the photos came out image  and who the heck are those men ???

I am going to have to do some serious stalking [ nothing odd] tonight but will have to make notes as to who is who .....image

WARWICKSHIRE ?????? I suppose its not as far as London

• Options
    Not many of mine up - I'm staring at the crowds in most of them! I was quite in awe at the whole thing- and look like im about to pass a stone at the end

I'm 1902 ( surname jones if needed)
    Will write down your numbers now for a browse

How's everyone feeling today?
    Managed get out bed unaided and came down stairs today yaaayyyy!
  • Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

siony - whooop!

I went for a swim yesterday.  The only things that are sore are: my right glute and my deformed, manky, blistery toe.  Interestingly, my lower legs where I did all my strengthening training becuase of my injury are fine - and were fine in the race, and now not stiff, don't seem tired and seem completely fine.  It's my upper legs that seem to have the muscles removed from them.

• Options
    14656 some shockers!!
  • Options

West bromton ........blimey you have loads of photos !!!!!

I am not too bad today just my knee still a bit sore now and again image

I want to know what's happened to the photo that I had taken at the end with my medal, and there is a photo of three runners none of them me ????

also thinking now I really should have got my hair cut, it looks awful image

• Options
    Pip!!!!! Your finishers photo is in the unidentified photos section. On page 16 of the partially hidden bib section I think. Although there are loads of filters and it's hard to keep track. I think it is you though, from my wee stalker session. I will stalk the rest of you later.

If I am not on the forum much tonight, it is because I wore my number too high up and it was obscured by my arms so ALL my race photos are in the unidentified section and there are over 12000 to look through. Bollocks!
  • Options
    oooooooooooooooooooh going to look don't know if it will be worth it though image
  • Options
    oooh well spotted Emma mc although I look as if I am absolutely freezing and still have a rather manic smile..... well at least I look happier in this one image  definately need to do something about my hair !!!
  • Options
    I have a few good pics, some are out of focus though 45323
  • Options

Fab photos! kaffeeg - you do look like you're about to cry in som eof them, but great smile at the end.

Vickster - great 'arms in the air' waving - were they sore on Monday image

siony - great pictures - you look really speedy in all of them, and as cool as a cucumber at the end

westbrompton - well you look like you're really focussed on your photos - but what a great smile at the end.

Off to look through the unidentified photos. I may be some time ....

• Options
    Badoo fab photos and loads as well think you prob win the prize for the most photosimage
  • Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

there are more and more being added!

I just got another one added of me, right at the end whooping with my arm in the air.  Classic!  Going to buy it I think - you can get 9 postcards printed, and going to send them to my friends and family saying thanks for their support. 

Ohhhhh, it is all a laugh isn't it.  The pain and fatigue of sunday has completely been wiped out of my mind now! 

(b&t - let me know when you're booking Brighton and I'll book too! - and anyone else - Rebecca?? Pip - it's not THAT much further away.........)

b&t erm, I think i *might* have been crying!! Or at least in pain!

Where are the unidentifable photos??

• Options
    kaff if you go on your photos, in the right hand corner up the top its says unidentified photos... can't find any of me at the finish throwing my arms in the air ..image
  • Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Pip - hehe!  There's GOT to be one of you throwing your arms in the air!image

• Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭
    Well, that just means you've GOT to do another marathon thenimage
  • Options
    Yup that was what I was thinking........ and I have still got some packets of shot blocks left .  Actually who needs to go running to eat them image