Options

VLM 2012 first timers???

Comments

• Options

Well I wanted to learn to play the guitar so mum bought me a lovely one and started having lessons at school...... but was slightly disappointed as had a vision of myself playing actual music..... but horror of horrors had to learn Chords first,   soon got bored with that.  Never did learn image  But we used to have a piano, my sister could play but get this I taught myself to play 'God Save Our Gracious Queen'  oh yeah I have talent !!    only problem was I only knew which key to start off in because it was chipped !!!   so couldn't play on any other pianoimage

hey we could start a band......I could probably play the triangle image

Kiwi .......talented family, not sure about some of your taste in music though image

• Options
    suddenly started typing in italics how odd !!
  • Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭
    yay, the jazz hand band! when we're not racing we could be on route playing! fantastic idea pip! and triangle is a very underated instrument. you will bring it to the forefront and start a new triangle trend! yay!
  • Options

Are you sure it wasn't God save the Queen by the Sex Pistols Pip.

I do as it happens have a flying V and an acoustic. I am sitting here at them moment watching the footie working on the opening few bars of cavatina on my acoustic. A great tonic and interest post marathon for a few weeks.    I know what you mean KAFEEG, it is a great hobby and interest.

One of our club runners plays the drums in a celidh band.

• Options
    Definately wasn't by the sex pistols image
  • Options
    Well I play the clarsach, the Celtic harp. Not sure I could run a marathon with it, or play AC/DC. Our jazz hands band may have to be more folk than rock!
  • Options

So the line up so far for THE JAZZ HAND BAND is

Kaffeeg   keyboard

Kiwi         guitar

pip           triangle

Emma Mc   clarsach [ celtic harp]

oh  and what's happening about Len's Marathon ?

• Options
    What's marathoning got to do with this thread !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    absolutely nothing at all its just that we are all bored cos we are not allowed to go running  !!image
  • Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Ohhh, I can see us hitting the big time guys!!!! ROCK AND ROLL!

Right - Len's marathon.....I'm going to dig it out.......

• Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

1. RunningRaRa...............................................10:40
    2. Cregmallin………………………………………………………………..14.55
    3. Westbrompton…………………………………………………..10.30
    4. Aber Snail………10.51
    5. Jon Harrod……………..9.56
    6. Vickster66......................................................11:02
    7.Soggs........................................................10.37
    8. Badoo.........................................................10.59
    9. Aber Snail……….11.07
    10. Laura...............................................................8.35
    11. Little by Little...............................................11:05
    12. Emmy_Bug - 12.00mins
    13. Rebecca Chappell....................................11.25 mins
    14. Sioney.....................................9:09 mile ( downhill from here!)
    15. Black & Tabby.............................................12:05 mins
    16. LMDavies.....................................................14.24
    17. Fizzipop........................................................10:21
    18. ChocolateLab                                                                 11.00
    19. James Clayton 7     11.32
    20. Emma McGlynn............................................13.5
    21. James Clayton 7                                     11.32
    22. Speed-10......................................................10:25
    23. Kaffeeg .........................................................15:03 minutes
    24. Aber Snail………11.49
    25. RichardWorrall…………………..12.27
    26. Pip.....................................................................11.15 mins

0.2 Kiwi ………..??

Right, I put in James, Richard and Jon’s times. 

James posted his time earlier (on 23rd or so) and so looked his up on the results.  There are two Richards, so just went for the younger age bracket! Jon’s I found on the results too.

Creg put (on 22nd) that it took her 6 hours 24, so just did an average mile for her. Not knowing what her race number is or name to look it up precisely on the results page.

West Brompton said it took 4 hours 33, so again average mile.

Aber had posted her time earlier in the week, but it got missed off somehow, so just added it.

Kiwi – we need your 0.2 time! 

And I’m no good at adding….so hopefully we have a maths wizkid here to work out the total time!

• Options

We Have just run shakespeare HM -( our 238 th HM together )  in gale force wind and terrential rain - a bit like the good old days id say

The FM was cancelled as we stood on the start line, as part of the course was under water some what, and there was concerns for hypothermia, as there were a lot of new and in expereinced marathoners  there who they felt were not prepared

we ran a sad 2:38, also had Phillip's full poncho on him which didnt help

but all in all a good run  

• Options

well done Mick and phil hope you had a nice medal you both deserve it image

Kaff ....................................calculating it now ......

• Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

mick - gosh!  That sounds tough.  But well done to you and Phil!  WHoooooooop!  You guys are great. xxxxxxx

pip - ohhhhhhh exciting!  And so great we get her time possibly precisely at the time she would have been finishing?!

• Options

My maths is absolutely hopeless. At the 40k mark I was on 4.41 mins/k and at the finish I was 4.21 mins/k

Does this help.I  hate mins/k and prefer mins/ mile

• Options
    Great effort Mick n Phil !!
  • Options

wait for it  .......drumroll .......  according to Mr pippity it is 4 hours 57 mins and 49 secs [ not verified mind] but that is excluding kiwis' speedy finish ... might have to guess that bit then .image

So Len there you have it your London Marathon 2012 time image

well done !!

• Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭
    WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!
  • Options
    ummmm...can anyone add up?? image
  • Options

I think I might be the one to be told off for my tiny little gentle run, although I promise it wasn't much more than a walk and I really needed to move and get some fresh air and it was less strenuous than getting my bike out!

Mick - I was in Stratford yesterday and saw the race signs up.  Done the HM there a couple of times and don't think I could do the full, being 2 laps.  What terrible weather for it.  Hope you're now warm and dry and have a nice cup of tea!

The music talk tickled me.  My 8 year old loves AC/DC!  Was so surprised when she commented when one of their songs came on the radio and told me she had it on her iPod.  Kids both upstairs practising their cornets.  Not practised in weeks and now they both choose to do it at the same time.  Older daughter is showing signs of being a good flautist.  Just forked out £40 for her grade 2 exam.

Been at the leisure centre for the Big Splash.  My older daughter took part in a relay team doing the mile swim.  She's only 9, not done anything like it before, and was worried she would be too slow and hold people up but it turned out the others (including an adult) were holding her up!  She now has another medal to take into school!

Got back from Stratford yesterday to find new trainers in our porch.  Mr Snail, who hates running, had got so fed up of not being able to go out cycling that he went and bought some running shoes and went for a run!  He's now talking about the Cardiff half and didn't rule out going in the marathon ballot!

• Options

Aber.....pat on the  back for your daughterimage and another couple of band members me thinks !

oooooh no looking back for Mr snail, once you have the running shoes, your hooked image

still deciding whether to put in for next year's ballot got to decide by midnight tonight cos that's when it opensimage

• Options

Good for your daughter ABER SNAIL. It is incredible there is 40 years between your daughter and myself and we both like the same thing !!!! I was listening to them as a teenager !!. At the school I work in a while ago I was following behind one of the girls wrho must habe been all of 12 years old. You guessed it. On her school bag she had drawn a picture of Angus Young under an AC/DC banner- GREAT. It was the songs Rock n Roll Train and Highway to Hell that got my daughter liking them. They also did the Iron Man 2 sound track.  Old Rockers never die, they just get grey and wrinkled like me.

Forget marathons, let's talk music !!!!!

• Options
    What bad grammar. It should be There are 40 years, not there is !!! Back to school for Kiwi !!.
  • Options
    She is definitely the rock chick of the family!
  • Options

I leave you for an afternoon, and you go all musical on me!! Can I play the flute in the band?? Was quite good in my younger days, but haven't played it in years image

kaffeeg - band sounds great - well done!

Kiwi - I give you advance warning - I *am* going out for a little plod tomorrow. Very slow, and just 3 miles. My shin is hurtinga again, and it actually feels better after I've run (gues it must stretch it??) So I'll consider myself told off already and save you the effort  image

Mick & Phil - good efffort today - I gather it was truely attrocious out there today, but must be strange if you're mentally geared up for a full marathon and then only have to do a half?

Aber - well done your daughter!

Was taken out for celebratory lunch today with family & Mum & dad. So I just *had* to put the t-shirt on and polish the medal again image have promised myself to get back to normal tomorrow as I've done very little all of last week in a very self-indulgent way.

• Options

BLACK  and TABBY , No comment !!!!!!!!

Apart from your shin hurts for a reason and do you honestly think that running and walking  on it now will actually improve it or make it better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Have calculated Kiwi's 0.2M as taking 1:24, so total time according to my trusty calculator is 4:59:49 Slightly different to Mr PIP looking back, but not going to double check, but still a sub-5 hour marathon - well done Len!!  imageimageimageimageimage

(Can you guys run my next marathon for me, that's much faster than my actual time!!)

• Options
    As far as Jazz Hands Club Band goes I don't have a musical bone in my body so can I dance in an interesting fashion at the side of the stage like Bez from the Happy Mondays?

Kiwi-afraid I was the naughty runner but honestly was only 2mile easy jog...barely even running...more of a leg stretch really. You'll be glad to know I've been looking at a cycle event Manchester to Blackpool at start of July. Would ramp up my cycling from occasional commute and be good cross training for my running. Just concerned that trying to work on improving speed for 5k/10k might be affected by tired legs from thrice weekly bike rides.
  • Options
    Well done Len! Hey guys we should find one of those marathons where you can relay as a team! Edinburgh anyone?
  • Options
    kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Aber - you got a cool little daughter there!

b&t - i *think* you got told off anyway.  image  flute sounds fantastic!  We're going to be quite, erm, an eclectic little band!!

RRR - perfect.  I think we need some Bez style dancing (aka some drug induced spasms) to get our street cred up.

Len - You. Is. Speedy!  Whoooop!