VLM 2012 first timers???

Comments

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭
    p.s for those of us who have been good and not run - do we get to teachers pet?
  • Absolutely Kaffeeg. Don't forget the apple .
  • I was always teacher's pet at school - enjoy a bit of rebellion now I'm older image Definitely Bez style dancing needed for the Jazz Hands (we don't play jazz) Band

Kiwi - yes, I *do* think it will help if I go for a little plod. Mentally as well as physically. However I promise not to enjoy it at all. Can I bring you an apple anyway ??

Right - to distract from the telling off , some pictures of cats.

• /members/images/502743/Gallery/tibbsmedal.jpeg

/members/images/502743/Gallery/hollymedal.jpeg

See - they *are* still interested!

• Phew - think I got away with that quick change of subjectimage
  • You lot are a bunch of swots!
  • Wow while I was typing a load of pictures of cats appeared!

My 4yr old god-daughter listened with much interest while I showed her my medal and talked her round the course today. Then she turned to her mum and said "why's auntie Deborah got a medal?" ...kids!
  • You can still bring an apple , but consider yourself severely reprimanded and off you go for 6 of the best !!!!!
  • kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭
    hahahahahha.  love it B&T!  Although is your first cat about to pick it up and move it out of her way? and is your second cat thinking 'oh god, not again, she's making me look at it again'?  Sorry, just saying!image
  • kaffeeg - actually first cat is thinking "can I eat it??" and second cat .. well you're spot on with her!

kiwi - <asks innocently>  6 of the best what? !

• Sorry to spoil Lens sub 5 hour marathon time but i noticed mine was copied wrong somewhere along the line ... by 20 seconds! Oops, sorry Len ... but now you have to go sub 5 yourself instead!

Achy arms today after a hard weight session and did 2.5 miles on the dreadmill too! I did follow it up with a nice sauna/Jacuzzi though!
  • Hee hee hee hee, this makes me smile.

Well done Aber mini. Impossible for a family to have too many medals!

Good photos, love that cat number two actually seems to be reading it. (anyone that read mine in the pub on Friday just guffawed with laughter at the fact it said "virgin"! )

Edinburgh's hairy haggis relay is good fun! I did it three years ago with some colleagues. Pretty easy course, and longest stretch is 8 miles. Pimps!

Len, great time! Beat me by quite a bit. Maybe next year you should try to replicate it exactly!? Mile by mile. Now that could be fun!

I am also being a teacher's pet, went for a swim, and then a muck about in th pool with my kids.

Think my family are enjoying the non-running Emma. Our house is proper clean, and the kids had a meal not covered in orange breadcrumbs.

Have an evening of marking ahead.
  • Are any of you fine peeps ordering official photos? I have trawled through all 18000! But not not sure if I should order any. Sooooo expensive.
  • kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

I keep looking at the cat photos and laughing again!  B&T that really is pure comedy.

Awwwwww, we are a fun group. image

(p.s I thought '6 of the best' was press ups?  maybe it was just the school i went too....image.)

Emma - that is a brilliant idea.  Incredibly hard. But a brilliant idea.  Len, you better do that now!

• Especially kiwi's bit for the sprint finish!
  • Emma - loving the 'orange breadcrumbs' sadly true in this house too! We've just had huge bowlfuls of homemade Minestrone soup. Yum - not a breadcrumb in sight! I think I may have to order some photos, but eek yes they are expensive. 

kaffeeg - I thought 6 of the best was a cane-ing? (and I don't know how to spell it either!)? (But then again - maybe that was just the school *I* went to!)

Glad you like the photos - they amused me, but I'm easily amusedimage

• So the line up so far for THE JAZZ HAND BAND is

Kaffeeg   keyboard

Kiwi         guitar

pip           triangle

Emma Mc   clarsach [ celtic harp]

Aber's daughters cornet and flute

Black and tabby    flute

RunningRaRa  interesting dancer 

Loving your cats B &T image

honestly I go away for a couple of hours and millions of new posts, a little tree came down in our field so had to chop it up and remove it ... nice little tree too, such a shameimage

oooh can I be teachers pet too pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeseimage

Len great marathon for you sub 5hours yippeeeeimage

I agree photos are expensive but going to have to get some as Mr Pips couldn't take them himself image

• I'll be ordering my finisher photo. When oh did London in 2010 I bought photo for Christmas and got a frame online which holds the photo and medal and an engraved plaque with his name and time. It has hung on our wall ever since so I need mine to go next to it. Shame my time is 72mins slower...but I'm smiling on mine whereas he looks knackered!
  • Running RaRa  I am going to frame my medal, number and photo  [ if I can decide which one isn't too awful] hang it up in our lounge then  EVERYONE even the shopping delivery man can see it  image

• I like three of my photos, so almost cheaper to order the whole digital package. Just can't decide.

Kaffeeg, I have jut been doing some other forum skulking-you pop up all over the place! And Emmy-bug!

Runningrara, I need to leave my iPad lying about so my OH can read your post and do that for me!

• what kaffeeg and Emmybug ....... not just this forum.....shame on you !  image
  • kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

imageermmmmmmm, clearly I have nothing else to do but go on the forums. image  And I am a strumpet.

I've ordered my photo on postcards to send to my family and friends (which I just KNOW they want a postcard with me on it, doing the london marathon).  It has me punching the air coming into the finish.  Slightly insane look, but I'm highly amused by it.  Just to say thank you to them for being sooo sweet to me.  Sure, they might prefer an actual thank you card which says 'thank you' on it, rather than a picture of me.  But, you know, they won't get one.

• If you go on vistaprint, you can order postcards with a digital photo on it, which I was going to do, and send one to say thank you to all my sponsors. Trouble is, 100 is their smallest order, which means that for the next year, all notes to teachers, phone messages, shopping lists, etc will be on a marathon photo of ME!!!!!!
  • 6 of what ever you want B a T. It is entirely up to you !!!
  •  kaffeeg ......  hmmmmm bet you will be joining the other forums bands as well won't you .....  its them or us you know  image

kiwi this conversation you are having with b & t is starting to sound slightly dodgy image

100 photos eh well that's christmas cards sorted thenimage

• Kaff+Emma that's hilarious! Emma you could take the postcards on holiday and send them for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!

Pip-you seem very keen on impressing your shopping delivery man. He comes up quite a bit in your posts I've noticed?

Well still feeling slightly invincible I have just signed up for a 48 mile bike ride! Manchester to Chester 29th July. Sometimes I cycle 6miles to work along the (flat, traffic-free) canal....then back again hours later. Hmm...I sense another training plan coming up...am I mental?!
  • Running Ra ra  well its not the same delivery man each time, but they are just regular visitors aren't they ? god that sounds really sad doesn't it ??   Well done on your cyle ride image
  • I forgot how fast this thread moves !!

Jazz hands club band sounds good, I'm also a bit musically challenged but happy to be a groupie image.

RRR - yes you probably are mental but that can only be a good thing. Good luck on your 48 mile bike ride image.

I probably will get some of the pics, OH is also into framing things. We have lot's of framed pics of his mountain expedtions. I hope my framed pic and medals doesn't end up on teh toilet wall.

I'm going to the gym tomorrow, going to do a gentle 30 cycle. I'm looking forward to it as all my good intentions of eating well have gone out the window. OH presented me with a bowl of ice cream, syrup and crushed biscuits not 10 mins ago.

lol at Pip's delivery man