VLM 2012 first timers???

Comments

• I'm so sorry pip- will be thinking of you

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Pip - I'm so sorry to hear that. Am thinking of you. Very hard times.  Xxxxxx

• Pip. So very sorry. I lost my dad a few years ago and we were close. Long story but it was tough. I really know what it is like. Hope you are ok. Thinking of you  too !!

• Hi been a horrible few weeks but made myself go for a run today [ nice quiet lane] where I didnt have to see anyone.  Good to get my running shoes on again.  Oh and have entered the ballot for London next year.... my mum would want me to do it again. Must admit not hopeful of a place, can't imagine I will get in three times in a row via the ballot.  But who knows someone up there may think I should get another go. 

Hope everyone is ok.

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Hi pip, been thinking of you. hope it gets easier as time goes on. X x xx x 

• kiwiscanflykiwiscanfly ✭✭✭

Hi Pip , and everyone else. Good for you Pip. You never know !! How is everyone else. Will attempt to get on this site more regularly !! i will be doing London again. But as for all your other marathons, we can certainly keep the site going. It does not have to be all about London !!

• I agree we want this to be the longest running forum !
  • Hope thing are ok with you pip, sending you hugs x

have entered ballot again so we never know!

not sure I dare say but I'm in good working order and planning on starting for Chester in june

ive lost so much speed though- so frustrating

ended up going back to see podiatrist about Achilles - turned out that a sprain I'd done in man has torn few ankle ligaments- ankle is more unstable and was probably cause of more pain. Not keen on an op though so I'm just being careful.

i am the queen of heel drops!

whats you next event kiwi

waves to all x

• Hi all,

well not really been running for about 4 weeks really lost all interest in it.  Been such a strange time.  Anyway put on my running shoes on Thursday and went for a short run....and will be going today as well.  I think what with everything that has been happening think my body has been on shut-down and have not really felt like doing anything.  Have been riding my gee-gee although he has been away at livery I have been riding him three times in the week.  Thought it was best he stayed there as I didn't have to worry about him as well as everything that has been going on.  So hopefully I am going to pick myself up, dust myself off and get running again.  Mum certainly would not want me to stop doing stuff. 

Brilliant news that you have entered the ballot as well Siony image

waves to everyone and a big hellooooooo to Kiwi image

• Anyone around ???? just signed up for Cardiff half.  What is everyone up to ??

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Hi pip - that's great news you've signed up to Cardiff half. Have you got the running bug back? Hope you are ok. Give yourself time. hugs x x xx 

I'm looking forward to a 6/7 mile run tomorrow. Thinking of doing the 16 mile race in October that I did last year, so starting to train for that.  

• Hi Kaffeeg going to start running properly tomorrow June 1st, I am ok as long as I keep busy. Where is your 16 miler ?

• Hi pip, glad to hear you're getting the trainers back on and working towards the Cardiff half. Good to have a focus when training I think. 

Well I did the dumbarton 10k on Thursday night and got a big shiny new PB of 44.10!! I was delighted, really enjoying my running just now and think that helps. 

Although in the ballot for London I have already decided to defer should I be lucky to get in. I'm going to do Manchester marathon instead, date not announced yet as they are waiting on football fixtures to be released as it starts/finishes at old Trafford but will be in April, usually week before London.

Hi everyone else, drop a wee note and let us know what you're up to.

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Hi pip - enjoy your first run today. Hope it goes really well and the endorphins kick in and it feels good!  

My 16 miler was in KIngSton. Was a flat course - bit lonely for most of it, as small race and I ran  most of the second half on my own, but will be good to see if I can get a course PB. 

Bigeater - bloody hell, that's fast! Well done! 

• thats a fab time big eater-well done

hugs to pip and kaffeeg

Kiwi? how are things with you?

next race for me is anual canterbury half

im going to cautiously start to inc millage and see if achilles will cope with trying another marathon- chester in october is the plan- we will see.

somehow have got a place for paris next spring- again long way off.

wish I knew what sets my achilles off- all this stopping and starting isnt conducive to making progress.

at work today, hopefully cheeky little run later

happy runnings everyone x

• Hi all

Bigeater well done on your PB super speedyimage

Well did 3miles tonight ......went well but feel so unfitimage but will start running regularly now.  Aim to do Park runs and  couple of 10ks and then Cardiff half. 

Siony, Chester marathon in October eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek !!

its really nice to have our little gang back for a chat but .....Kiwi where are you ???

• Hi everyone great to see we are still posting on here. Had 5 weeks off since London . have just started up again. Back into it now. Nice 13.40 miles today with a couple of running mates.

• Anyone out there !!!!! ?????

• I am just going for a run...

Will catch up later image
  • Still here and glad to say still running. Plan is to do Manchester marathon even if I get into London, will just defer London until 2016. Just waiting on the date for Manchester to be announced then I'll sign up and that will be my main focus over the next 10 months. 

Hope you are all well and the running is going well. Post and let us know how your doing. 

• Hi well jst done about 4 miles started running again on June 1st. Must admit at the moment feel very, very slow.  But hey-ho hopefully it will all come together again with time.  Very warm this evening and lost count of how many flies I swallowed .... yukimage

Going to do Swansea 10k in September and then Cardiff half.  Will probably start doing the park runs again, but want to get a bit quicker first.

Saw an advert for Brecon-Cardiff next may it says 'run,walk,crawl' was asked if I was going to do it my reply ' maybe if I don't get into London'  but silly me hadn't realised it is 42 MILES !!!!! ... gulp!image apparently you have 12 hours to do it in hmmmmm hopefully get in to London !

• Hi all. Sorry not to get back sooner. Good to see you are back on the road Pip. Hi Bigeater.

Just been out for a 10k tempo run. Building up to the Barnstaple Marathon in September. Hoping to maybe run the Cardiff 10k too. Will try and make more of an effort to get back on here more often. Don't want this thread to die.

• Hi kiwi

I am doing Swansea 10k I love it. Debating whether to do Cardiff 10k Mr pippity isnt that keen as it always is a bit chaotic with parking etc. Good to here from you.

Waves to any one else around.
  • Hi everyone. Things still going well with the running. Maintaining 20-25 miles a week at the moment. No races in the immediate future but signed up for Manchester marathon in April. I will defer London until 2016 should I be lucky to get in. 

I will just maintain my running at current level until October then step up the mileage and work towards a hopeful sub 4 hour at Manchester. Well it sounds so easy when I say it....lol

• big eater,  I can only dream of a sub 4 hour marathon !image

• Hello all- are we enjoying this lovely weather!

feel like I'm acclimatising 

any of you use nike+ when running- seem to have gathered a rather fun gang of American friends - leaderboard makes for good motivation 

Achilles good- odd ankle ache for last week - May have overdone it a bit in new inspires( see above- maybe a bit too much motivation!)

hope your all well image

• Go on Pip. Do the Cardiff 10k. I can look out for you there, Although I haven't entered yet.

• Pip at the moment I can only dream of it also!! Got to have a goal though and the fact I've signed up for Manchester so early hopefully I'll be well trained to achieve.

Siony- never used nike+ but sounds a good motivation tool, maybe look into that. 

• Cardiff entered !!

• well into week 2 of Cardiff half marathon training only 10 more weeks to go !!! flipping heck its been hot here thoughimage so resemble a tomato every time I come back from my run.  Kiwi I have entered Swansea 10k ,,,,you should do that ..... its brilliant.  So will slot that one in my training plan.  Have yet to convince Mr Pippity that he would really like to drive me to Cardiff 10k.

Hope everyone is well. xx