VLM 2012 first timers???

Comments

• Good luck PIp for Swansea bay 10k !!

• image Hi all- have been for a 12k this am and just noticed there is a 5k run on in canterbury tonight- hmmm run again or not?

• oooooo go on siony go for it !! image

• What is the Swansea 10k like Pip, in terms of route profile. IE, is it flat ??

• Kiwi where have you been ????  swansea Bay is great it is very flat and fast.  I think it has been voted as one of Britains top 10k's.  Did you read further back on the posts ?? Swansea was good, always enjoy it and was pleased ...well fairly pleased with my time I always want to do better image  but really messed up Cardiff half did the basic error of setting off too fast image[ I know what have you always told us image and paid for it at mile 11, did that in 2 hours 2mins.  Was so cross within myself as I knew what I had to do to finish in 1hr 55mins...had it all worked out in my head and then completely blew it !!!  All quiet here at the moment will probably do some of the runs here on Boxing day and New Years day.

Oh and very disappointed but not at all surprised did not get in to London on the ballot imageimage

• Well done pip, 2.02 is a great time and ok it's not what you wanted but you know what you done wrong and will learn from it. Come along and do Manchester marathon since London is a no go. Voted RW marathon of the year and flat. 

• Hi again all. Bad luck on the ballot PIP. No I haven't read back as I have not been on here for a bit. Would certainly think about the Swansea 10k. May be able to persuade some of our club runners to do it. Off to New Zealand on the 6th so hopefully I will be able to touch base while there. I am running a marathon in my home town. Just perfect timing really.

• Just hit the track before to do my usual 800 metre reps as part of my marathon training. Next up, the 3 bridges marathon in Wanganui , New Zealand. Can't wait !!

Everyone ok ??

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Me!  How is everyone? 

• Kafeeeeeg Happy New year.  Not enjoying this weather at all image

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

Happy new year!  Cold and windy Over in wales? It's been alright over here....so far! 

How's the running going? 

• Hi

well at the moment hailstones,thunder and lightening .........eek.  Have had a few niggles with my knee after Cardiff half in October, but started up again now, short runs but enjoying it,  Thinking about maybe doing the London 10k think its in June.  How are you ???  don't know where everyone else is.

xx

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

I'm good. 2014 was an odd year, so glad that's over!

i did a week of cross country skiing...up to 23k a day.....which has spurred me back into running after a little time off. Hopefully don't a 15k run in March.

good luck with the london 10k....is that the British 10k? If so, I did that a few years back.....it has a bad reputation. The organisation is a bit off and it can be a shambles. If you are doing it, I suggest getting in the pen very early. They don't have pens according to estimated finish times, but rather first come first served.....I spent the entire run navigating through people trying to run when people were walking in front...so not one for a PB! But the course is great. 

• Hi Kafeeg hmmm it was the British 10k, glad you told me that.  Its A long way to go to if its not that good.  I hate badly organised races especially some where that I don't know.  Think Mr P would hate it as well.  Will think again.  Thought you may know more about it.  Are you still in London ?

• kaffeegkaffeeg ✭✭✭

still in london.....!

if you fancy a race in london, there are plenty....not ones that get in all the sights and with thousands of spectators, but loads in the parks. I'm going to do a 10 miler in March.

if you do a race in london, let me know - would be great to do a race with you! 

• Hi everyone, nice to see some posts to this thread. Hope you are all doing well?

Well my training is picking up for the Manchester marathon in April with the first 20 miler done on Sunday. Going to try and get up to 23 miles with at least a couple more 20 milers before race day and targeting a sub 4 hour marathon. 

Good luck with all your running and stay safe in these freezing conditions. 

• Hi Kafeeg ....will do... we fancy a trip to London image

Bigeater    Hi ooooooo good luck for Manchester. Can't wait for the lighter mornings and evenings and for it to be a bit warmer !!  struggling in this cold weather with my asthma image  so just short runs at the moment.  Doing a bit of off-road running as well, over the dunes.  Where is Kiwi ????

xxxx

• Hi all. How is everyone? Have had trouble for the last few weeks getting on to the site with password issues etc. All sorted now so back to  normal !!!!!

HI PIP. Back now !!!!!!!!!!!! How is it going ???

• Kiwiiiiiii Hi

Thought we had been deserted.  Been quiet on the running front at the moment, can't wait for the lighter evenings/mornings and to be a bit warmer.  Been having asthma issues in this cold spell so off to see asthma nurse next week, just hoping it will all settle down again.  Planning on doing a few 10ks then Cardiff half in October, will try for London Next year.  How is your training going ?

• Hi. Pip. Ha Ha !! No I am not deserting !! Just been away for a bit back in NZ and had real trouble getting back on here with password problems. All sorted now though.

They say swimming is pretty good for asthma. Also good cross training !! Many good runners suffer from asthma. But can still compete.  Hope you will be ok.

Training for London going  ok . Have got in 2 x 16 milers and a few shorter runs. Need  to get some fast stuff on board. That started today with a very challenging 10k race as part of an aquathlon team. Very hilly course, so ticked all the 'outside the comfort zone' boxes. Also a good sharpener. Any marathon schedule should have a 10k race or time trial there somewhere !! My partner and I have a combined  age of 106 which goes up by 2 years every year. We called ourselves 106 years old !! He swims and I run. He can churn out a time of 15 mins in the pool, so for his age is very quick. He is also a good runner. It is quite funny as being the oldies we are still the team to beat !!! The distance was a little short as it measured only 5.84 miles. But still a fantastic tune up race for my London schedule. Taking on board race conditions,  sympathetic neuron system arousal and all that. This is why we run better in races as everything is heightened. Just the reason why you should have races in your marathon schedule. All very race specific. Anyway, I am probably boring you all to tears with my marathon talk. !!!!!!  Hope you get into London next year PIP. I love the Cardiff half. Ran the 10k last year there too. First time ever and had  PB. So good running memories from Cardiff. Anyway. Nice to be back on board !!!

• Hi, went for a run on Tuesday and was a bit wheezy but it was good to get my running shoes back on even though they are very grubby !!  I feel a shopping trip coming on for new shoes. Promised myself when I was first diagnosed with asthma that I would not let it interfere with my running. Hopefully be cycling to and from work when the nights get a bit lighter, the more exercise I do the better my breathing gets.

Plan on doing Llanelli 10k in June and will do the park runs as well, to improve my speed.  Well done to you and your swimming partner on your race.

Are you still going to write your book Kiwi...think you should image

waves to everyone image

• Hi again Pip. Yes, the book is still on going. The first chapter is with the proof reader as we speak and I waiting to hear back and then I can sort out all the corrections. it is still in it's infancy but there is no rush. Jo , my proof reader has a couple of daughters so is doing it for me when she can fit it in around  her family life. I would rather take time over it than rush it out. She is also very reasonable, so that is a bonus financially.

Got out for 18 miles with a couple of running buddies today. So another long mileage box ticked. Will hit the track Tuesday for some 800 metre reps . You ok ?

• Anyone there !!

• I am here where is everyone ?

• Hi PIp.

It is quiet here. How are you anyway ? All good ?

• H i Kiwi I am fine up and running now.  Asthma is hopefully settling, How is marathon training going ?

• Hi PIP. Sorry again to be so long on getting back here. Jst busy. I do always come back on to see who is about. Marathon training is going well. Had a half marathon tune up race a couple of weeks ago and everything was on target for London. Only 2 weeks to go. I got my last long run on board on Easter Monday. 20 miles @ 6.18 pace, so if a litle too quick for a long run it still ticked all the right boxes. Taper time now. Hit the track last night and did 7x800 metres. 12-13 miles this weekend for a long run. Our local Taunton marathon and half marathon is n this weekend so will watch that too.    

Good to hear your asthma is better. What is ext for you ??

• Hi Kiwi

Glad the training is going well.  Thank goodness I am up and running regularly now.  Going to do Llanelli 10k in june or july.  Have also signed up to do a 26mile bike ride image But must admit I find running much easier......trying to fathom out the correct use of gears !!  Will be doing a few 10ks and then Cardiff half ...which reminds me must enter for that.  I will be trying for London via the ballot ....just want to do it one more time image

wonder what every one else is doing.?  bit sad that its just us...but at least we keep this forum going.  Must be the longest running one ever !