VLM 2012 first timers???

Comments

• Hi guys, still like to check here to see what's happening. Well Manchester marathon next Sunday for me and looking forward to it. Training has went well and did a HM in March in 1.32.58 so got good confidence for a sub 4 marathon.

Glad to hear you're running well pip andI'll try the ballot again, might be six time lucky!!

• Hi again Pip and Bigeater. Good luck for Manchester Bigeater.. A sub 4 is certainly on the cards with your half time you ran. I have forgotten PIp. Have you run Cardiff before ?

It sounds as if you are both on track with your aims.  We will always keep the thread open. I don't always get on here regularly, but I always will be here regardless. Must make more of an effort. Catch you both very soon on here. Keep up the good work

Kiwi

• Hi guys, just a wee update to let you know Manchester went well and to plan I got a time of 3.38.45 which I'm absolutely delighted with. Good course and well organised and a race I can see growing over the next few years. 

Hope everyone is well. 

• Hi all. That is a great time Bigeater. Well run. No wonder you are happy !! London Sunday. Heading off tomorrow early. Hi PIP !!!

• oooo well done Bigeater brilliant time.  Wonder how Kiwi got on in London ?

• kiwiscanflykiwiscanfly ✭✭✭

Hi PIP. 2.40, so very happy with that. Big head for me !!!!!!!! LOL !!!!

• kiwiscanflykiwiscanfly ✭✭✭

Really well done Bigeater. That is a cracking time and well up to standard..Well run.

• Back on track . Anyone still there ?? My computer has been in bits and I needed my IT mate at work to get it back up and running , so hence the long delay.

Back now though. How is everyone ?? You still there PIP ??

• Hi, good to hear from you kiwi. Pip hope you are well. 

I'm still running and have my next big challenge in November when I attempt my first 33 mile ultra marathon. Looking forward to it and have started a bit of trail running in prep for it.

Look forward to hearing from you.

• Good for you Bigeater. 26.2 is enough for me, but never say never !! Great to see you are still on the threrad. Hi PIP !!!!!!!!! I am a bit sporadic on getting back on here, but will always keep touching base. Hopefully more regularly !! We can certainly keep this going. It would be interesting to see if anyone else jumps on here too. perhpas at some stage we can get our heads together and start a new thread with the old guard to get some newbies. Just a thought !!  Have not gone down to the track tonight as I have quite a tight knee, so Rand R for kiwi. Will run again Friday with my mate from work who sorted this computer for me. Keep me posted on your ultra prep Bigeater, as I am always interested having only done marathons. The training must be very similar, perhaps just longer !! Have the world masters track and field champs in 3 weeks so have been trying to juggle recovery around London with building up for that. Have a 15, 2x17,1x19 and 1x20 in the bank.Will see how it goes this weekend with this tender knee. Won't force the issue. As they say, apart from some more intensive stuff, as for long runs  go ,the hay is in the barn. If I can not get out it will mean a 5 week taper, which is fine. Often less is more !!! especially already having run a marathon 3 and a half months ago. It will be very warm in Lyon too, so that means readjusting the targets. Forget good times and PB's. Just going for a decent place. Hope to hear back from you. Cheers

• Hi Pip. Yep. Still here. How are you ?

• Hi how are you. training for Cardiff Half beginning of October and Swansea Bay 10k in a couple of weeks.  All going to plan so far.  I have not been getting any notifications so didn't realise you had replied .  How are you what are you up to ? image

• Hi PIP. has been a few days since my last post. All good here. Just recently ran a marathon in France. Good for you doing Cardiff and Swansea. Probably not going to race until next year and just keep things ticking over until then. Looking at the Cyprus half marathon as a tune up race for London. Hope to hear from you soon PIP.

• Had a bit of a disaster with my knee ......again.   Started being uncomfortable after my run on Sunday.  I inend doing Swansea to see what happens.  I really want to do Cardiff but don't just want to hobble round !  See may pay a visit to the physiological next week.  How was the marathon in France.  Shame no one else seems to be around but great to hear from you ????????????

• You too Pip.

We can keep liaising on here. Even if there are only  2 of us. If you want any advice or help in anyway just jump on the thread. I will always check it even if it is not for a few days.

I am acting as a support coach for one of our runners who is doing his coaching licence and I have been asked to coach one or two other people too. With my book on top of this too things are quite busy. But I will always come back and check the thread !!  

France went well. It was the world masters track and field champs. I came in 6th in my age group so was outside of the medals , but all things being considered it went better that I had expected . Nice to meet up with the kiwi team again.

Sorry to hear about your knee. Just be careful. You may have to forfeit a race or two just to get it right. let me know how you get on. Great to hear from you again PIP. Speak soon image.

• Helllloooooo pip and kiwi

still around and running- usual Canterbury half, and wingham 19k last week for me.first time I've done a 19k in long time- don't the markers come round fast when you are more used to miles!

we moved house end last year and I now have a veggie garden- let me just say that running fitness does not equate to gardening fitness!

hope your knee is ok pip-image

• Well done on Manchester big eater!

• Hi Siony. Good to see you back on the site. When is the Canterbury half ?

• Hi well didn't do Swansea unfortunately partly because I was concerned about my knee woke up Sunday with a cold ....but worse was to come got this week off but spent yesterday afternoon in the GP woke up in the night very wheezy and short of breath so choice was to be put on steroid tablets ( hate taking any medication) or go to hospital.  Much better today although still not right yet. I don't know its one thing after another ...so very fed up as you can imagine. Hi Siony good to hear from you.  I love my veggie patch so exciting digging up potatoes ???? you seem to have better luck with your running than me !!

And its Cardiff half in 2 weeks !!!!!

Disappointed, fed up, wheezy Pip ????

• Hi PIP. Don't worry. Get yourself right. Now and then you have to forfeit a race or training session for your own well being. It is not the end of the world, and is the nature of the beast sometimes. It has happened to me on the odd occasion. There are plenty more races. You are far better to race or run when you are up to scratch, not run when it is going to be a painful grind because you are not fit enough. 

Hoe you feel better soon.

• Thanks Kiwi seems to be happening to me quite a lot recently ????

• Just bad luck. I have always sad that with niggles and injuries time is a great healer. How is it today ?

• Feeling better today at least I can breathe .... Just really fed up. Thanks Kiwi. Any more races for you soon ?

• Don't be despondent pip- keep battling 

i have 2 pairs of elixirs left - after that I predic an injury!

canterbury half was bh Monday back in August 

misprint re wingham- I meant 10k!

anyone yet again waiting on the ballot? ????

• I'm waiting on the ballot. Anybody heard how many entered this time?

• Not sure Charlie4. I think there is about a 1/5 chance of getting in. Good luck. No racing at the moment PIP. Ran my last marathon in France and just having time off. Will certainly be building up for London next year. Entries for us open in November. Looking at the Cyprus half as a tune up race before, and a local 10k.

• Hi again all. Have been in Spain for a bit. Back to normal now. How is everyone now.