RunLiverpool Marathon 2012

Comments

• FRC - thanks for the word up on the running gear at LIDL, I managed to get some
    really warm trousers, gloves and a really warm under body wear. That's me sorted
    for the snow !!

I'm still buzzing from the marathon (no blues for me) pity I didn't get to meet any
    of you.

Loving Beer and Lard's finishing picture - pure class !
  • I have got to say thanks to all the people who have remarked on my finish line photo - Hopefully no one has noted how slow I was.

Alan could use it as a publicity image for next year image then I could get mrs B&L to let me enter again.

• Good to hear Mush. aldi have slightly different stuff., but some overlap

B&L what was your time ? 5 .40 I thought. For a big fella I think that's an awesome time.
  • Got collared by a NIMBY yesterday whilst marshalling at Princes parkrun,complaining about last weeks road closures,as if it was all my fault! Them hi-vis jackets can get you into all kinds of trouble,luckily she was about 80 and on a pushbike so I didn't feel too threatened,feel like I took one for the team though Alan.

(NIMBY-Not In My Back Yard for those who don't know)

• Beer & Lard no one commented on what you probably thought was a slow running time cos YOU FINISHED!!  That is just awesome and that finishing photo is I have to say IMHO one of the BEST MARATHON PHOTOS I've ever seen, hell even i've considered buying it lol!!!
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Big Al, humph! I was in charge of closing branches of a high street bank throughout Liverpool in the 1980s, hence all the places I worked image

FRC, you deserve a <SLAP>!

That Aldi gear sounds good value but sadly the cost of petrol to get there would most likely outweigh the cheap cost.
  • spen71 wrote (see)

Have I read it correctly?  You have to register for the race at an Expo?

Nothing has been agreed about this has it?

Out for 8 miles easy run tody, feel like I'm getting my legs back, looking forward to shaking up my trainig from this week with more variety to increase my speed over the winter.

B&L as Hannahsmom said, you finished and you got the best finishing line picture to boot.

• I've been through all sorts of emotions over last weeks marathon.....disappointment because I had to walk/run just to get through & elation because the finish was so special.  The feelings inbetween have also been fabulous!!  I can't wait til my next event....and I really, really can't wait until 14/10/12 so I can kick the dissapointment out of that course!!!

• I have loved making friends with you all ( have been on red wine tonight so a little tipsy sorry ) and thought the whole atmosphere of the weekend was brilliant, It didnt matter if you finished in fast time or later times, its all good

i really hope that when i do the London Marathon that i will find the forum a good community, i'm finding it hard to leave this thread cos i feel like i've made some good friends here, if any of you fancy a trip to london on 22nd april to come and cheer me on please do, i'm so nervous already but excited too, would love to see some faces again and you never know 2013 may be a liverpool marathon if i can get through london first lol image

• Hannah'smom - I'll be in London for the marathon as Mr LB is running it so I'll be very happy to give you a big cheer!

There will be a RW cheering point at Mile 17 at Mudchute where you can stop briefly, grab some jaffa cakes/jelly babies and a sweaty hug and be on your way for the last nine miles.image I swear - it saved me in London, seeing a few friendly faces!

Alan - just checked the website and the half isn't live yet and it's TUESDAY. I have my TUESDAY pants on so it must be! Crack on lad - I want to be first! image

• Thanks LB will you be wearing your pirate outfit  so I know to look out for you

I have no idea what vest I will be wearing yet as the Down's Heart Group who i am running for are just designing them but nearer to the time i will let u know I will have my name "Jo" on my vest anyway

,I dont know mudshute very well but my bf and his mates stood there last year for the whole of the marathon

and i LOVE JAFFA CAKES ok that will definitely keep me going knowing that i am going to have jaffa cakes at mile 17, I didnt realise that Jaffa Cakes helped OMG i cant tell u how pleased i am to know that!!!

I shall look forward to seeing you and having a big sweaty hug and jaffa cakes!!!

Jo

• Room for a little one in this forum image ?lol...Well done everyone who completes this year.Think i might try this Marathon next year after reading all the good reports,and getting the usual knock back from VLM..Its only down the road from me too. Was'nt sure what the support would be like on the streets to keep me going but from your reports all seems good... See ya at the  start maybe image
  • HannahsmomUK wrote (see)

Thanks LB will you be wearing your pirate outfit  so I know to look out for you

I shall look forward to seeing you and having a big sweaty hug and jaffa cakes!!!

Jo

I will wear it just for you now! image

*Adds extra Jaffas to the shopping list*

Jaffa cakes - 1g fat and LOADS of carbohydrate! They are the runner's friend! image

• Always room for a little one Degsy! Welcome to the forum! image
  • degsy-m- wrote (see)
    Was'nt sure what the support would be like on the streets to keep me going but from your reports all seems good... See ya at the  start maybe image
    Me neither....I kept hoping that the good people of Liverpool (& the Wirral) would show up and support us.......but as the local press seemed to ignore everything in the weeks leading up I started to get worried that we'd be running along empty streets!!  I needn't have bothered......the crowds and support were there, in all the places you wanted them, and given the success of this year (& despite the Echo/Daily Post coverage)....I think next year's will draw even bigger crowds!
  • You have to do this marathon - just to experience coming out of the Mersey Tunnel. By far and away the best single moment of any marathon I've run.
  • Thanks Liverbird I'll get comfy then!! Guess your local with the liver name?
    Thanks xabidood. Just checked my rota and I'm off for the marathon (One excuse gone already). If the drums beat the London mara atmosphere they must be amazing!
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Excellent, some new people being drawn in image

LB, when I ran past you in L'pool I shouted "Liverbird" at the top of my voice and everyone except you turned to look at me! image Are you running again yet?

Hannahsmom, I'll be at London too. It's a wonderful atmosphere and very emotional so bring a hankie image
  • ah i'm not good with the whole quotes things lol

Liverbird :- thanks i've been out and bought a great big double box of jaffa cakes and appear to have got down a whole packet last night, good for my run this morning no wonder it felt easy lol ( Doing Bham HM this weekend!! my first HM )  I am so pleased now i have an great excuse to eat  jaffa cakes yay!!

Degsy-m- :- I dont come from Liverpool but i was there shouting support ( my bf - ran it ) and i tried to shout as many of the RW people off here that i could, it was a great atosphere especially when some of the RW runners saw me lol, if you live near london u can always come and support and cheer me on as i'm doing VLM i got a phone call and was offered a charity place so i snapped it up as i didnt get in on the ballot 

Redhead :- Are u running it or spectacting?  Where will u be?  We shall have to hve another RW meet up i think, and i'll have to run with a great big box of kleenex, i cry so easily!!

Jo

• oh and thanks FRC thanks to you i now have been to Lidl and have a tracksuit waterproof top thingy and a compression top, nice and cheap, i could have spent a fortune in there!!!
  • Will someone start an On-Line petition for me to be allowed to do next years Marathon. I fear divorce if I mention it on our house, I was only ever doing one Marathon and pushed my luck all the way to 3.
  • Alan - are you getting the Batala Band back for the Santa Dash? They were sadly missed last year.

Well done on putting on a great first marathon

• Well, that's the Half entered!! 

Yay....I've got something to train for again!!

• The Batala band were invited to the Santa Dash but chose to attend a personal gig for Didier Drogba instead!!

XabiDood - you were quick off the mark...
  • AlanRothwell wrote (see)
    XabiDood - you were quick off the mark...

If only I could be so quick when it comes to running it!!

• Redhead wrote (see)
    I'm running it image
    Meet you in Blackheath Common then? along with scooby dudek who is also doing it off here but we wont meet at the First Aid tent!!!
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Stubee dear, just wave your credit card at her and suggest she might enjoy a shopping trip to Liverpool One image

Hannah, depends on which start we're all going from. Sometimes we meet by the bandstand at the red start sometimes by the church on the common or in a coffee house on the way from the station. Can you tell I've done it a few times? LOL image
  • Saw this on another thread and it made me laugh so thought I'd post it here.

Marathon Runner's Monday Morning

I'll have to wait to sign up for the half, other running related costs to find image

• Scouse Elvis wrote (see)

Saw this on another thread and it made me laugh so thought I'd post it here.

Marathon Runner's Monday Morning

I'll have to wait to sign up for the half, other running related costs to find image

Very Good Scouse Elvis.....I did have to stifle my laughter as Mrs XD does tend to share some of the womans views!!!