RunLiverpool Marathon 2012

Comments

• I liked the marathon runners monday morning, i have come across people who have asked me how far a marathon is, and if im running for charity (as if that would be the only motivation) i know its a good one but people associated marathons with charity.

And other people who just go quiet, as if beyond comprehension. I suppose it is, running is mental!
  • Read the Wirral news last night, local free paper. Had a letter from someone complaining about the road closures in New Brighton and having had no notice, inconvience etc etc. The response was from thre council - explaining why the roads were closed that notice had been given, it was to an agreed traffic management plane and so on. Would have been interesting to see if LCC would have done the same.

Turns out he was one of the turnip heads driving on the closed roads and causing the race start delay image.

Also a couple of gripes about why was it called the liverpool marathon if nearly half of it was on the wirral, I suppose they don't realise that most marathons spend only part of their time in the city they are named after, but need the name to draw people in.

• image Most races come out of the place they are named or end up doing daft loops or something. Conplaining about the marathon's names got more to do with local stuff and also wineing about it so not worth a throught.

At the end of the day more people from the wirral where clapping everybody on and giving cheers than I bet where annoyed or driving on the road.

• It does surprise me how many people don't know how far a marathon is, or as you said Mish, they always ask who I'm running for (when everyone who really know me knows what a selfish cnut I am image

I agree Cake, more were definately out supporting than complaining.

• B & L - the official name was the RunLiverpool Marathon.

Agree that most people, especiall non-runners,  called it the Liverpool Marathon, or even the Mersey Marathon - especially those of us old enough to have done that in the 80's image

• Scouse Elvis wrote (see)

Saw this on another thread and it made me laugh so thought I'd post it here.

Marathon Runner's Monday Morning

I'll have to wait to sign up for the half, other running related costs to find image

How funny!! I also enjoyed watching other similar mini movies, I am a marathon runner . I am injured was particularly humorous image
  • I have replied to the letters of complaint so let's see if mine response gets published next week. I did advise it was the RunLiverpool Marathon after the company name!!
  • ooh let us know how u get on

I know hardly in the same category as a marathon but I have run a few 10K's one of which was the Lichfield 10k and it was NOWHERE near the centre of Lichfield, in fact you would have struggled to even see the famous three spires,

so people should just shut up or put up sometimes, some people are just so ignorant ofwhat goes on in involving the hard work behind the scenes Being a spectator on the course, i can tell u was enlightening at times with how much people driving cars totally ignored the bollards One guy at Mile 2 actually did a u turn on the race route, good job no one was running there at the time cos he most certainly would have ploughed into someone

i still maintain the lorries were the most frightening thing for me on the route, who totally ignored the road closures and the race was underway then, how they never ploughed into a wheelchair user i will never know!!

Jo

Oh Redhead, glad u have some experience then of the London Marathon, i shall leave it up to u then to tell me where to see you in Blackheath on the day!!!

• maybe call it the runliverpoolmerseynewbrightonhamiltonsquare26.2mile marathonimage
  • Just imagine the size of the medal and trying to fit it on a tee shirt. image
  • Mcattack wrote (see)
    maybe call it the runliverpoolmerseynewbrightonhamiltonsquare26.2mile marathonimage
    lfc runner wrote (see)
    Just imagine the size of the medal and trying to fit it on a tee shirt. image

Ha Ha, And you know Alan would charge us an extra pound per letter! image

I had my first run in a running club last night. The Skelmersdale Boundary Harriers were a welcoming bunch, and the workout I had was soo much more than I would have put myself through had I been doing some speed training on my own! Next years RunLiverpool Marathon will be a doddle if I keep it up!

• Morning gawjuss people.

How are we all today?

I am DELIGHTED to report that I stayed in bed until 9am! image 

Got the dentist later. She counts my teeth, nods and charges me £17. I wish I could earn £17 in ten seconds. I should save her the trouble and tell her I have 31 teeth and just hand over the cash.....image

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Lazy LB! image

Today I shall be doing some intervals, but not yet as I am engrossed in worky stuff image
  • Even better than that..... I'm not dressed yet and I've just nommed a bacon and egg bagel image
  • I might nip to the Liverpool FC shop later too as it's Alan's birthday tomorrow and I think he needs a Liverpool present! image

Or maybe not......image

• Does the Liverpool shop only take Euros, Krona or Yen ?
  • LB - I had my birthday present early. It came on 09.10.11. and I'm more than happy with that. Working on the 2012 plan already with much to consider. Looking to improve across the board and introduce innovation where we can. Formal debrief for the event is on Friday, 4th Novemebr so would hope to be in position to open entries on Monday, 7th. How's that for optimism!!

Blue Steve - you forgot Giros! Are they like Euros...

• blue steve wrote (see)
    Does the Liverpool shop only take Euros, Krona or Yen ?

Given Moyes' transfer budget.....does the Everton shop take.......anything?

blue steve wrote (see)
    Does the Liverpool shop only take Euros, Krona or Yen ?
    alan rothwell 3 wrote (see)

so would hope to be in position to open entries on Monday, 7th. How's that for optimism!!

Cheers for the 'heads up' Alan....would'nt mind being quick off the mark again!!!!
  • LIVERBIRD whilst your at the LFC shop it's my birthday in a couple of weeks lol image
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    <makes note in diary for 7th November> image
  • You can now add your rating on the 2011 Liverpool Marathon by going to events and choosing past events. There are only 4 votes so far so it would be good to see that go up......
  • Thanks CV3  click to rate the RunLiverpool 2011 Marathon
  • degsy-m- wrote (see)
    LIVERBIRD whilst your at the LFC shop it's my birthday in a couple of weeks lol image

When you organise a marathon, I'll get you a pressie Degs! image

Just signed up for the four villages. And I am NOT DNS'ing! I'm dead tempted by Jakesy trying to reel me in to be a Bug too but don't tell him.....image

• image LB Frodo is doing that one as well and I might be depends on if Sarah is fit and wants to do York instead.
  • I've entered that one too LB.

I'm going to train with Liverpool RC for the first time to night. I haven't run since injuring myself running the Warrington half. I may struggle a bit.
  • Happy birthday, Alan.  You can be like the queen now - two birthdays a year.  Once on marathon day as your 'official' birthday and then your real birthday.

And I think your official birthday - which will always be on a Sunday - should be followed by a Bank Holiday.  That way we can all rest our weary legs.

Enjoy your day.

• I'm in four villages too.. Last 2 miles are great!!!down hill image
  • So am I  -  but the first 11 are up image
  • Happy belated bday Alan, hope u had a good day

Whats Four Villages???? and when is it

I did my first HM on sunday ( Great Bham run ) and absolutely LOVED it, i knew the last 2miles were all up hill, did it in 2hours 34mins and that was with 2 loo stops so was well chuffed ( second loo stop i ran into a pub!! )  Ulen MAABOF ran it with me to keep me company and encourage me for my first ( and treated it as one of his training runs seeing as he's doing the gloucester marathon next ) but it was great to run the hills ( which were non stop ) and pass lots of people walking them and then sprint down Broad Street

No aching legs yesterday or today, infact i feel really good and am desperate now to do another one.  The minute i crossed the line i was " I could do that again"   I just hope i feel like that after my first marathon lol, hopefully so!!!

for those of u not running the VLM if u can make it down to spectate come and cheer me on lol

I've not read all of the threads on here ( cant keep up these days ) can anyone tell me when the tunnel run is or the liverpool HM?

JO