Options

Secret Santa 2011

Comments

• Options
    image  Oi.....it's not just LB who's blonde image
  • Options
    Well it was either that or say USB wouldn't throw the soap in the bin but I shouldn't say that so I didn't image
  • Options
    Morning all - I'm keeping my candle until Christmas Eve ('cos it's a Christmas Eve Yankee Candle innit!!) Can't wait to use it image
  • Options

It doesn't half make me laugh when FB crosses over into RW and some people think "what on earth are you talking about"image

LN - the sales are starting today. WITHOUT ME! image

No money until my new cards arrive. Mr LB has been to the supermarket and filled my car with petrol and paid for the kids Dance Camp so I've just realised I don't NEED to go shopping!

Lightbulb moment! image And I have enough "stuff"image

• Options
    bridget might not be blonde...but if she ate the soap we would have to put her in the malteser catergory....
  • Options
    Actually LB I did wonder about posting that comment but then thought most people will know and if they don't, oh well image The sales started today and your bag went missing on Friday?  Either Mark is guilty or he's bribed someone to do it image
  • Options
    Saffy Claus, ho ho ho wrote (see)
    image  Oi.....it's not just LB who's blonde image
    **coughs**
  • Options

My frame is about to get a picture to put in it...

As it's a landscape frame rather than portrait I'm thinking maybe this one:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6020/5971297357_4f614c7f91_m.jpg

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I have eaten three of the caramel chocolate buttons my SS got for me. They are very, very delicious and I want to make them last image

• Options
    I was slowly eating my chocolate, unfortunately MrKJ somehow managed to knock it onto the kitchen floor where MiniKJ was sitting and when he turned around she was munching away on a huge chunk.  I'm not sure this is what the health visitors mean by baby-led weaning!
  • Options
    Mwah ha ha ha, she's not daft is she KJ!! image

My pirate throw is on my bed all the time; really helps keep the heat in. In fact i woke up roasting the other night!! Will see me good when I have to sleep in the living room over Christmas when my sister is up. Actually, that is a point. I have a question!!! Whenever I go anywhere to stay, I would never expect the host to give up their bed; i'd sleep on a sofa or whatever, but I feel I ought to give up my room to my sister and husband. Not sure why. Is it bad if I make them sleep in the living room on a matress on the floor?!
  • Options

no.............

put them outside in the shed.......

• Options
    :'( I think Santa got lost
  • Options
    I think it depends who is going to get up first.  If you need the living room when the first person gets up then the one that tends to wake earliest should go in there.  In our previous house the stairs came down into the living room, so if a late sleeper was in there then you couldn't even make a cup of tea.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    @Lee - depends who it is for me. If they're less able or likely to be severely uncomfortable then i'll give them my bed.. otherwise - they have a blow up bed or the couch!
  • Options
    By 'eck ... you should have an email about your missing present.  image
  • Options
    Thanks folks. I think I ought to just take the living room, since it is my flat, I ought to get up first, lol. More of an issue is the fact i usually fade first, but of course can't go to bed until my sister and husband do. Is only for 5 days, so no big deal I guess. There are no 'ability' issues, as such; they're both perfectly mobile etc. in all honesty I was trying to get out of having to have a massive tidy of my room if others stay in it!!
  • Options
    Five days seems like an eternity when you've got house guests Lee!
  • Options
    Yeah, I couldn't cope with my sister for 5 days!
  • Options
    Lee the Christmas Pea wrote (see)
    Whenever I go anywhere to stay, I would never expect the host to give up their bed; i'd sleep on a sofa or whatever, but I feel I ought to give up my room to my sister and husband.
    Depends on numbers...  if I were on my own, and have a double bed and have a couple to stay, I'd probably give them my bed and I'd sleep on the futon...  image
  • Options

Oh a Christmas theme ... is it permissible for me to fiddle the 'raffle' we do for all the gifts handed in to work.  There are currently 35 assorted tins or boxes of choccies, giant toblerones & a couple of little hampers awaiting a 'fair' distribution by me.  Do I draw this fairly or do I pick what I want for myself and do the rest fairly?

Factors to be taken into account

(a) I have fiddled it for the last 4 years
    (b) everyone assumes I do fiddle this
    (c) if I do then would it be fair to take the nicest of the hampers or should I take second best?

• Options

Do it fairly, and only fiddle if you get things that you don't like.  Then go for something of similar value.  That is what my conscience would tell me to do.

But as you have fiddled it in the past then yuo have proven that you don't have a conscious, so go for the best hamper image

• Options
    Everyone picks one present and the rest gets given to a local charity to distribute to those who might not be so fortunate.
  • Options
    Alternatively,put randomly allocate everyone a number and allow them to pick
  • Options
    Oh there only is one present for each person, we're not that greedy.  There are 39 of us image
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Lee the Christmas Pea wrote (see)
    Mwah ha ha ha, she's not daft is she KJ!! image My pirate throw is on my bed all the time; really helps keep the heat in. In fact i woke up roasting the other night!! Will see me good when I have to sleep in the living room over Christmas when my sister is up. Actually, that is a point. I have a question!!! Whenever I go anywhere to stay, I would never expect the host to give up their bed; i'd sleep on a sofa or whatever, but I feel I ought to give up my room to my sister and husband. Not sure why. Is it bad if I make them sleep in the living room on a matress on the floor?!

Make them sleep on the living room floor, because...

LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

Five days seems like an eternity when you've got house guests Lee!

... and you'll need to be able to escape them (possibly on the second night!)

• Options

So far I have eaten 1 of my ss choccies image Trouble is, now I've started I may not be able to stop... image

I have my mum coming for 5 days. With her highly excitable and bouncy dog.

I may be hitting the Christmas spirits quite hard this year. image

• Options

TP, what you need to do is draw lots for each staff member to have a number.

#1 gets to choose from the whole table of gifts.

#2 can choose either #1's or something from the table. If they choose #1's pressie, #1 chooses again.

#3 chooses either #1, #2 or table. rinse and repeat till everyone's either got a present or they've all killed each other.

To make it extra fun, you can wrap each gift/put it in a box so no-one knows what they're getting.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    I was going to suggest similar to kwilter, i.e. everyone gets a number and chooses in that order (but without being able to choose someone else's choice), but as you are doing all the work organising it you get number one ...sorted!