Flat and fast Half Marathons

I've run the Llanelli Half several times- fairly flat, but coastal and exposed to some pretty ferocious weather in some years- and the Chippenham Half this year- fairly flat, but with a bit of a climb in the latter stages- and was wondering what was the flattest and fastest half course that anyone knows of. All suggestions appreciated- anywhere and any time of yearimage

Comments

• Gossport: Nov.
  • IM- Cheersimage
  • Jason, there's one in Stratford in November around an airfield and is pancake flat.
  • Brass Monkey half - York in January. Registrations open on Wednesday I think, and fill up very quickly!
  • I should think that the Silverstone one would be fairly flat?
  • Maidenhead was pretty flat, but you have missed it. Was at beginning of September.
  • Wow- cheers guys! Plenty to pick from. AGF- I'd forgotten the Stratford one- nearly did it last year!
  • Wokingham is also very flat, in February
  • Yes my vote goes to Wokingham but can be in horizontal sleet : ))
  • Help the heroes in Bassingbourn, Cambs - July time. Got my PB there.
  • I've been told in a similar thread:

Brass Monkey - York in Jan

Village Bakery - Wrexham in Feb

Wilmslow - Manchester area in March

Also, I did Liverpool in March this year and that was flat.

• Hi JD, Another vote for Gossport...ran it several years ago. Flat course. pb potential...only a few weeks away though.
  • +1 for Gosport - but it's also coastal and on a airfield which can leave it exposed.  Wokingham a close second, but it has two motorway bridges - gentle but you know they're there.
  • Thanks for all the info, everyone. Plenty there to choose from. Will have to work out which will fit in around next year's mara schedulesimage 
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Glasgow half (Great Scottish Run, but not part of the BUPA series) in September.  Only a couple of very small lumps, and a great atmosphere.

• Amsterdam! 

Flatter than a flat thing that's been run over by a steamroller, and you get to finish in the Olympic stadium image

• I'd vote for Wilmslow in March, although I may be a little biased as it's local to me and the only HM I've ever done. In its favour is that it is mostly flat with a few very minor bumps to remove the monotony of a completely flat course. The scenery is pretty and the weather's always been nice whenever I've run it.

• North lincs half in Scunthorpe is a fast one

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    image sorry, but posting re a fast half 4 years after the last post amuses me!!!
  • they say the edinburgh half is the flattest and fastest in the UK, it's a nice run as well!

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Check out Cricklade, October I think, and flatter than Chippenham.

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    Maidenhead was very flat and not too twisty either.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Peterborough ....flat as a pancake! (aka Great Eastern Run); October

Great Bentley (near Colchester) ...also dead flat, but can be breezy: February
  • I did Maidenhead last year and got a big pb, nice and flat although a bit crowded at the start.

• White Horse half in Wantage is very flat!