Rudolf Red Nose 5 Mile

Me and the OH have entered this.

Anyone know much about it?

Comments

• I'd like to know also.  Will be entering this as we'll be in Blackpool over Christmas image

• We`ve got our numbers! Both in single digits!!! image
  • its nearly all of road just roads bits at start and towards finsih then there are hot mince pies at the fire stn afterwards good race
  • Now that's keen ET image

Looking forward to a hot mince pie image

• Its put on by our club chairman and partner and lots of friends of wesham road runner great little event and you wont be on your own there was 107 finishers even on the ice have fun.image
  • It sounds good Alan image
  • alan taylor 6 wrote (see)
    Its put on by our club chairman and partner and lots of friends of wesham road runner great little event and you wont be on your own there was 107 finishers even on the ice have fun.image

My wife will be pleased!

Not sure how this race will fit into my usual Xmas schedule. I usually go out for a long plod on Liverpool road on the 25th so that might be a slow one!

• Got my number in the post today, I'm number 44 image
  • Cinders wrote (see)
    Got my number in the post today, I'm number 44 image
    Should be fun! Race you to the pies! image
  • Lol, you'll win easy, just save me a mince pie image
  • image I was told on monday night that the pies have been ordered.
  • Thinking about this one!

Do you race along the seafront? Also, does it tend to fill up quick?

Mmmm, mince pie.... image

• it starts near the Zoo and goes on paths around the area then hot mince pies at the fire stn
  • Thanks... I can't find anything on their website about it though?!
  • If this linky works, it leads to some info RGR ......

http://www.weshamroadrunners.com/Entry_Forms/Rudolf%20info%20sheet%202011.pdf

• Hurray, thank you Cinders! image

Really fancy a mince pie now!

Talking of it being on trail, does anyone recommend trail shoes?  I'm travelling from Kent so would need to put them in my packing if you thought so image

• Its runable in road shoes unless its snowed before the race so just watch the weather see you there.
  • Thanks Alan image
  • I`ll be running in road shoes! image
  • Hey guys, I'm in. On holiday in Lakes for Christmas and thought it would be a great pre-Christmas jaunt. It's about an hour from digs so was thinking of spending 5 or 6 hours in Blackpool afterwards before returning to Kendal. I assume Blackpool doesn't close down early on Christmas Eve..does it?
  • just make sure you have a designated driver as there will be plenty of plod about.
  • BR, we're actually going to be staying in Blackpool over Christmas, seen a few things that close at 4pm, like the Tower.  The Pleasure Beach appears to be opening Xmas Eve, not sure about anything else yet.
  • Cheers folks.never been to Blackpool before so just wanted to have a look around before escaping to countryside againimage
  • Oooh, can't believe its 2 weeks tomorrow now image  Have decided to run in my Mother Christmas outfit, that should keep me nice and warm image
  • I believe this one is getting fairly full so if you fancy a good little run or just a good laugh I,d get a number. image
  • Why's it dull Alan?
  • Looking forward to it. It feels like ages since my last race but it was only at the end of October! image
  • I'm looking forward to it too, my last race also in October but I've not run much since.  Still perplexed by the *dull* comment.

Oh and I'm looking forward to the mince pie, yum image

• Think Cinders needs to get the smoke out of her eyes I wrote FULL not DULLimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage.But she may have been reading the posts by fire light after a hard days work looking after her UGLY sisters OH NO SHE DID'NT / OH YES SHE DID see you in a few weeks hope your in your old rags CINDERS.