2012 Marathon thread

Comments

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

Thanks.

OH,

We've avoid the tummy bug at work it just appears to be the usual colds & flu.

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Andy nice dog running. Hope you shake the niggle and well done on the weight loss.

OH get well soon, and I hope the weather doesn't ruin Xmas

Jason great double

Spark hope the knee is better now

NP great double too

HM I've still got the same cold I had 6 weeks ago...

---

4m recovery jog this morning. 

• Cheers Tek.

4m slow in 34mins this morning, Didnt want to upset the knee again. No speed work or LSR this week for me. 4miles tomorrow, rest Friday. 7 miles slow Saturday and either another 7 slow or 2x4 easy on sunday.
  • Ferries getting cancelled already in anticipation.

Daughters rebooked on plane for trip home (and financed)

• Just over 13.5 miles this morning in heavy rain and very strong windimage funny but i loved every second of itimage

Spark well done for getting out hope the feet are on the mend.

OH hope the daughters are going to spoil you when they get homeimage

Teknik your knee ok now?

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Tek,

I've still got my cough also!  However it has nearly gone.

Spark,

Well done.

• I shook mine off two weeks ago but my chest is still giving me gyp.
  • Good news on the injury Teknik! Hope the knees are better AM and Spark.

NP lots of good running, nice long run in the rain.

Hope the plane trip is not too bumpy for the girls OH! image

Nice doubles going on! 7.5 miles with the group last night, a few hills then a bit of a blast at the end. Icy and foggy but fun, nice to have company for a change! Then weights session afterwards. This morning 4.5 miles recovery and 6 miles tonight with 5 at 7:26mm pace. image

Good to hear the cough is going HM4. I hope kaz is ok.

Tomorrow will be a bit of a write off for running but may get a few miles done first thing.

F

• Just got back from Christmas meal with friends. Managed to get out for 12m in 1.26 first though. Over indulged on duck and Xmas pud though....
  • Great double Fiona and nice pace.

Jason well done in getting out and nice splitsimage

First 6 mile run done this morning in the heavy rain thats 5 pairs of wet trainers/fell shoes on the go nowimage.

• OH - I hope your daughters got home ok. Quick question, if you don't mind?? How long does anti-biotics take to get out of your system?? I finished my course a week ago but still feeling pretty of beat?? I know that its probably the after effects of being ill but??image

Great running Fiona.

NP - hows the arm? How many pairs of trainers do you have??

The inner wimp in me has surfaced and I did treadmill  today instead of going outdoors - Don't think I'd be able to run in this wind anyway! 10 miles. I find it really hard to get into a natural stride on the thing?? Ended up at 11km@ 3% incline.image Starting to build again........26 miles  this week so far.

• This was from the Santa run on Monday night thought you might like it:image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBvhl9ele14&feature=player_embedded

• Kaz1 well done on the treadmill, sorry cant help with the anti-biotics question but I thought a week or so at the most. 1 pair of spikes never worn yet, 1 pair fell shoes, 2 pair of flats, six pair of trainers with two pair near the end of there running life. I buy my trainers 2 pair at a time and wont be due new ones till the new yearimage......But thats nothing compared to the shoes my OH has, I have lost count on the boxes that are piled high lol...........It's her hobby so I support her in the shoe, handbags and makeup  hobby and I run image....

• lol NP - I to have numerous pair of trainers(4 pairs still  boxed), but I also have numerous pairs of boots and high heels( I have even bought myself new boots from the dog for Christmas!!!) and a collection of handbags.........but I don't do make-up!!!

• Lol love heels and bootsimage
  • Got me checking now! 2 pairs trainers, Santa's bringing new ones which I need quite urgently... 2 pairs marathon flats, 1 pair flats for shorter stuff, 1 pair trail shoes, 1 pair fell shoes, 1 pair XC spikes. Biggest problem with marathon training is needing new trainers every 5 weeks! image

5m recovery this morning, 6 ish planned for later image
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

LOL at you guys with the shoes.  I don't have any running shoes which are still in the box unused.

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Spark take it easy with that chest

OH glad your daughters will make it home

NP nice running.  Saw the Fizz yesterday - she moved the goalposts again re starting back, but I think I'm ok to run now.  Lol at the youtube clipimage

HM hope you shake the cough

Fiona thanks - nice running.  Hope the run goes well tonight

Jason nice pace yesterday, and well done for another double today

Kaz well done on the treddie 10m

---

5m easy this morning.  HR still off the scale...image

• Two nice runs today for me Had to take a taxi to weans nursery this morning so a nice early 2 mile easy jog home, Knees felt fine, no niggles atall. Went to go for a steady 4 miles tonight, felt great after the first half mile so picked up the pace and finished in 28 mins with a strong finish. Didn't feel pushed and the 4 came in easy enough.

What: 2 miles easy and 4 miles steady @7min/mile

Next: tomorrow morning 4 miles easy

Total: 20miles.
  • Second 6 mile run done and it's still wet outsideimage

Spark well done on the runs glad the knees are ok.

Tekniklus the HR will come back down again, glad you liked the videoimage

• Glad to hear you are on the mend kaz.

How many doubles is that this week NP? I am so creaky in the mornings that even a slow pace feels fast. I don't have a problem with the early start but my legs do! I can't believe I used to do all my running early.

4 miles for me this morning and a rest day tomorrow.

Think I need some new shoes as all of mine other than the Fastwitches ar over 500 miles and a couple almost 1,000. I retired them then started to wear them again after thinking this mileage thing was a conspiracy by the manufacturers! image

F

• Many miles do you lot get out a pair? Iv got a pair of ghost 4s and a pair of asics gels when the ghosts are wet. Could be doing with a pair solely for LSRs.
  • 500 miles then bin or used for around the garden.
  • Fiona swim and run Monday two runs Tuesday and Thursday swim and run Friday image well done on your doubles.
  • 500m for me too as ball park figure

Interesting day today for me.... 5.03m recovery run this morning. 5.49m recovery run this evening, followed by a 2.63m fancy dress run with club. I was the Spirit of Christmas yet To Come. Blooming hot running in a hooded cloak and a balaclava!image

• Was the Christmas to come a good one?

50x25 m working the legs hard doing kicking drills, I will do an easy 6 mile this afternoon. image
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Another 5m plodding with too high a HR. Maybe it's the mud...

• NP-as in "A Christmas Carol"

Tek- nice plodding image
  • Good to hear you got into the " spirit " of things with your fancy dress jason image

Nice to see you running regular again Teknik.... just in time for 2013 hard training !!

Hope everyone else is doing well???

I finished work early today. Thats me off work until new years eve image ....so celebrated taking Lulu for a run.... her  second 10k pootle in two days. She slept well yesterday afternoon - I expect the same again today whilst I do a few jobs around the house for a nice surprise for mrs agf !!

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

AGF,

You'll have an ultra fit dog image!

Tek,

Thanks.

----------

Well done on everyone's training.