2012 Marathon thread

Comments

• VLM, South Downs, Abingdom and then either Beachy or Snod.

Oh and The Pilgrims in February....

• V*M. We can mention it in January but not before.
  • image Ok thanks!  Be back in January.....!

• Minni what's your marathon PB? I'm going to aim for 3:15 at VLM.

F

• I ran 3.28 in London this year (8th marathon).  I've just been training for a sub 3.20 one but got injured at the eleventh hour and had to withdraw. 

What about you?

• PB is 3:20:56 London 2010, 5 minutes more this year as calf not right then 3:22:01 in Amsterdam a couple of weeks back. A nice relaxed run but will start training again properly for London. Doing some base building for the next few weeks to see if that makes a difference!

F

• Nice Fiona.  I've had calf trouble too but I think its almost back to normal now.  

Pop onto the Marathon thread,  although it says sub 3.30 the target times are ranging from that to sub 3.15.

• Thanks Minni, will do.

F

• Wolverhampton Marathon in September. It will be my first and I'm hoping to complete within 4 hours. My sister lives just over the road from the start/finish so I won't need a hotel image and I won't get lost in a strange city either.

• Edinburgh for me - slowly I expect!
  • Fiona - what sort of mileage are you doing just now, prior to marathon training?

• London for me woohoo and its my first!

Ran loads of half and 10ks so this should be a doddle image

• Minni did 50 miles last week so will stay around this until late December, lots of slow Hadd type running on 5 days a week.

Hi Brizo.

• Fiona - what does your mileage peak at?
  • Brizo - I love your confidence! image

My training plan starts 2 weeks on Monday. Am I allowed to be nervous yet?

• Spoons this year was 65, my draft plan says 70 but I think I might stick around 65 as I get really tired - probably do my long runs too fast. What's your mileage plans?

That's a long plan HL!

F

• It's 18 weeks, plus 2 as contingency. A marathon's a long way!

• My training starts on Boxing Day!   Last year I officially started a couple of weeks before Christmas but then hardly ran because of the snow.  I hoping it stays away this winter - we had 7 weeks of it last.
  • The weather was horrid last year - I did two of my 20 milers on the treadmill (one on Xmas morning!!) My plan is to keep base building until 2 Jan then a 16 week plan, any longer and I get ill or injured. image

F

• 20 miles on a treadmill on Christmas morning.  image  There's no way I could do 20 on the treadmill no matter how desperate I was!
  • Fiona- that is some dedication!!!image
  • It meant I could have a nice lie in after a late night out on Christmas night, could sample all of the 5 puddings....and it said 20 on the plan!! image 

Forecasters seem to think it will be a milder winter, hope they are right.

F

• Fiona - I don't know what my plans are yet as I am our running club head coach has agreed to coach me for VLM and write my training plans. Be interesting to see what he comes up with.....
  • Sounds great Spoons, look forward to hearing of any changes he recommends.

F

• Fiona - don't tell Gobi but he seems to be a fan of running faster....
  • North Dorset Village Marathon (my first), and then the Lakeland Trails in July. Some major training to do in 2012...
  • Tim - Lakeland Trails as is Lakeland 50 or it that something different?

• So many different views on that one Spoons. NP seems to do lots of fast work and that worked for him last year.
    F
  • Minni, it's the Lakeland Trails Marathon, July 1st: http://www.lakelandtrails.org/marathon/index.htm