2012 Marathon thread

Comments

• macemace ✭✭✭
    Jason - WTF !!? Mrs mace would think something was going on if I went out running 4 times in a day. Fair play though.

Tek - MP was ok but I was glad to get it over and slept well last night image The beers the night before certainly didn't help and I was feeling a bit queasy last couple of miles. I don't drink durin my runs but think I probably should have.
  • Jason great running now I know your totally mad lol.

Happy Christmas
  • De ;lurks...4 runs in one day ! Jason you make me feel like a couch potato and I have just done 16 miles and been called mad by my family !!!!

• It IS only once a year, guys- lol! image
  • Night Nurse- a 16 miler on Christmas Eve is awesome image
  • Yes I feel quite smug now and look forward to tomorrow off. I hope you have stretched Jason image 

• Amazing run total for today jason but I'll be very surprised if you don't sneak out for at least one tomorrow! image

Well done Night Nurse, great Xmas Eve running.

I'm reading about running but it'll be an early night as have an early run planned for tomorrow.

Merry Christmas everyone! imageimage

F

• NN stretched 4 times in fact image

Fiona- enjoy tomorrow's run, but I can promise you I am not moving outside tomorrow image
  • Fab run, 11.65 miles, 5 of uphill and saw the sun rise, Loch Ness in the background etc. Still feeling dodgy so nothing to eat before heading out. image Ran ok apart from the stitch on the downhill, ouch. Does prove that nothing to do with eating or drinking before a run!

A very well deserved rest day jason. image

Off to make a pudding. image

F

• Nice 9 this morning, sun, wind and rain but enjoyable all the same, time for lunch!
  • Great running Fiona and a great way to see the day start enjoy your puddingimage and have a great day.

MG1 Well done on your 9 miles and enjoy your lunchimage.

6 miles in the bag done as 1 mile warm up 4 x 1 mile intervals and 1 mile cool down splits: 7:54, 5:53, 5:56, 5:49, 6:05, 7:43image started to feel the burn in that last mile image Out again later for another 6 miles with some strides.image

Hope everyone is enjoying the day so far. 

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done guys on getting out today.

• Second 6 mile run of the day done now for the feet up and a glass of redimage hope everyone else is feeling stuffed and fatimage

• Fiona wow what scenery well worth running on Christmas day .

MG well done on getting out today

NP you lazy so and so..only 2 runs in one day ?? Jason , sort this man out a decent schedule please image

yes feeling stuffed and fat, image but mid week medium long run tomorrow will sort that out.

• Same here NN 12 miles tomorrow all nice and easy.
  • Glad to see you didn't let Christmas get in the way of training!!image

I actually managed to get out at 4am for 5 miles(after telling the youngest to get back to bed as she wanted to get big sis up so she could open her pressies!), but the second run was replaced with walking the dog.image Off for a brisk walk with dog now, then 7 miles before boxing day dinner with BF's children, so really a repeat of yesterday dinner since they are over.

Got an extreme weather running jacket from BF, guess what its mild outside!!image

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

NN welcome - great running over Xmasimage

F - great early run yesterday. Hope you're felling better.

MG well done on the 9m

NP great intervals yesterday

HM hi

Kaz- 4am! image. Good luck for today's 7m

--

3.5m yesterday in the pouring rain, then 8m this morning in the sunshine. Knee appears to be ok for now, HR still crap.

• Nice Xmas running MG1 and NP another quality double! image

Hope the MLRs go well NP and NN. 4 miles recovery this morning, sunny and bright. image

kaz I suspect you'll be able to use it later - we never get consistent weather up here in one day! image

Teknik good news on the knee and the HR will follow, must be your body fighting off all the Xmas germs! I am feeling a lot better thanks. On the chocolate gauge of 'wellness' I had a Quality Street yesterday out of duty and actually wanted a toffee one after breakfast today (although one was enough) but a definite improvement! image Planning to head out later for a fartlek but off to stretch now....

F

• kaz1 wrote (see)

Glad to see you didn't let Christmas get in the way of training

Um it has !! image feeling fat and sluggish today and we still have New Year to get out of the way image I think we should either move VLM a few weeks back OR move Christmas a few weeks forward .
    Whose idea was it to follow a P&D schedule ?? oh yeah...mine.

Mid week medium long run done 12 miles in 1.55, stuffed tired and very slightly hungover only had 3 glasses of wine yesterday but that is all it takes for me image

Tek take care of that knee 

Fiona seems you are luckier with the weather than I am I got drenched ...AGAIN !!

• Kaz well done on the dark o'clock run with Santaimage

Tekniik glad the knee is ok well done on the two runs no sun here today and very cold again, it was blowing a gale during the night glad the wind had dropped for my run this morning.

NN well done on your mid week medium long run these do feel easier later on during the plan....

Just over 13 miles for me this morning on my MLR. image
  • Good running as always here- especially kaz with that 4am run!! image

Combination of 25m on Monday and zero exercise yesterday left my legs feeling very stiff! Decided to scrap the planned 13m run in favour of 2 shorter recovery runs. Loosened up nicely by the end of a VERY WET AND WINDY jog image
  • Well done on everyones training.

Yesterdays excercise consisted of crutch hobble to my sis in laws table from Mrs YCs parked car.Then spent the next five hours lifting a wine glass and budweiser bottle to my lips.

Today a 1.1 mile hobble to the paper shop and back.

All good for the aerobic development and subsequent sub 4 mara attempt next autumnimage

• YC that 1.1 miles must be a killer on crutches. image

Not surprised the legs were a bit creaky jason!

NP nice MLR.

NN I'm a bit of a lightweight with alcohol too, nothing yet this week but may have some bubbles tonight! image

7.2m fartlek this afternoon. Went an undulating route so fast on the uphills and jogged downhill then just head down and steady on the long slow hill at the end. Working on breathing and arm swing and think that both helped - it just needs to become a habit now.

F

• Well done for getting out today FC NP JSN Tek NN Kaz
    No running for me since Christmas Eve. image

Yesterday is a sacrosanct family day but weather remained good today so had short kayak (4miles) while weather lasts. Bright sun on mostly calm seas.
    More gales forecast for Friday (which may affect travel for daughters again). image
    Not sure if 6pm JS group run will happen tomorrow as a lot of folk (not me) are free through the day image
    YC plenty of room for improvement thenimage

• Happy days! 8 miles in hail showers this afternoon - You were right Fiona!!! Jacket very cosy.image

BF also got me kettlebells so they are going to get tried out tomorrow am, before a run later in the day after work.

I think BF has finally accepted this running lark!!!image

YC - Crutches......so hard!! My daughter soon learned to manage them and get pretty fast but the blisters on her hands were so bad....

OH - More gales..........image

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Kaz,

Good news about BF image.

---------

Was going to get out today (back to work tomorrow).  However it's rained solidly all day today

• Fiona,Kaz,OH - Being honest the 1.1 miles on the crutches wasnt the easiest thing ive done.

Ive decided that rather than go stir crazy cooped up at home for six weeks off work and no driving at all,i would rather try and do a little excercise every day.So the plan is hobble to the shop and back in the morning and do some core work in the afternoon.Mrs Yc got me a new medicine ball for xmas and ive already been trying out some seated excercises that i can do with it along with some dumbell work.

Dosent replace the cardio buzz from a run but it will have to do in the meantime.Rather that than watch Homes under the hammer ,Jeremy Kyle etcimage

Alloa half mararthon in middle of March where i hoped to get a new pb has been shelved with me just focusing on recovery and then when im fully mobile again hit the bike in the gym for a few weeks and then take it from there.Im confident of making a full recovery from this and be back running again in  10 weeks time

• YC you can get a cover for the foot and get in the pool I had one for my arm it only cost ??12 and the plaster never got wet once. You could do what Paula Ratcliffe did and do aqua running it would help.
  • Fiona.. I sorry only recently joined the thread so would like to ask how often do you run twice a day ? seems a few on here do that .

YC there is nothing wrong with a bit of daytime telly.. I convince myself of that quite often on my days off work. image