runnersworld mag

15West15West ✭✭✭
Thinking subscribing to runners world magazine...is it worth it?

Comments

• Probably worth it for about a year and then they start repeating themselves  image
  • I look forward to it landing on the doormat ... mind you I've only been running for about a year so if they repeat themselves I haven't noticed yet ... image

• M..eldy sums it up pretty well, however that is a problem for most magazines that I have susbcribed to - golf, walking, photography  -they are all based around the seasons.

I have not subscribed for several years now but I think I will sign up again. I liked the race reviews and the photographs of a great run that used to be very early on in the magazine.

It is not that expensive when ordered on subscription, what have you got to lose 15West?

Recently started blog  -
    Latest Post

2010 New Year resolution achieved

• Worth it for the fit bird on the cover alone image

• Sorry, bit confused, I am thinking of Razzle.

• I got my subscription with Tesco vouchers. Chances are I won't renew as, like others have said, most 'hobby' magazines do tend to repeat themselves each year.

If they sorted out the pricing of digital versions of the magazine I might change my mind. Right now it's £10 more expensive to get a digital version through Newsstand than to get a normal subscription. £40 for something they don't have to physically print or post to me, or provide cover items for is completely ridiculous.
  • I bought the latest one in the shop - FOUR QUID FIFTY!!! image. So yes, if you want to read it, subscribe. Or borrow.
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭
    ok - persuaded - subscribing...rock'n'roll!
  • Defo cancel after the year though. They reward loyalty by increasing the subscription cost by 30%

I'm cancelling mine.

• I used to - got totally bored with it after a couple of years though.
  • I borrow a copy from the local library for a week for free image  They keep them for three months and then sell them off for 20p so if there's something I particularly want then I buy it then image

A friend has just subscribed though as she wanted a running watch and that came as the gift for subscribing - for her it worked out better to subscribe and getting something free she would have paid for anyway.  Bit like buying the watch and getting the magazine free.

• I subscribe BUT I actually find both Men's Running (which I subscribe to) and Running Fitness magazine are better, more detailed and still a broad range of info.

Brian.