Good running song trracks - what do you listen to ??

Hey guys

I have to run with music , but am getting a bit bored with my selection anyone got any ideas for good running tunes to help us get through the winter runs !!!!!

Comments

• Tanz mit Laibach by Laibach
  • Ankle Injuries by Fujiya and Miyagi

• Radio 4 podcasts, mainly the comedy quiz shows like Just a Minute but also enjoy the Food Programme.  I find music messes with my pace too much and I'm bad enough at maintaining consistent pace as it is.

• I checked out Fujiya And Miyagi when they played a nearby festival. Might have to check them out some more since they are local.

• They're ok in small doses. A bit samey.
  • I always liked I'm Free by The Who
  • Crazy Diamond - you are so right: I also listen to Marathon Talk, Danny Baker and Frank Skinner as well- as well as pretty much anything on Radio 4(The Infinite Monkey Cage is a recent 'find').

You can zone out so much more easily than with music. Last week's long run: I listened (and focussed on) Frank Skinner for an hour, and hardly noticed the run itself. Now I know that isn't always the aim of running, but I was off-road, and aiming to keep it easy, but it really did work. I love my music, but too often I get bored of a track and stop really listening.

Where do you get "Just a Minute" podcasts?
  • Within Temptation - especially Black Symphony

• the Prodigy
  • We come one, by Faithless. I was once running with that on - my heart rate monitor was causing a bit of interference on my headphones, so I could hear my heart rate, and for about a mile the music, my heart rate and my stride pattern were completely in sync. Probably the quickest, easiest mile I've ever run image
  • Usually listen to music by audio-fuel, make sure you buy the albums with coaching. You get counted on to the beats and get some additional motivation. Adrenaline Junkie is my favourite album so far. If I am doing a casual run, usually album playing is Running Trax 1, 2, or 3

• Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    Tanz mit Laibach by Laibach
    SR(NLR) thanks for that .. prompted quick search through old 12' vinyl for Live Is Life  ... and a little volume boost !! .... although I'm not so sure wife and kids thank you as much
  • 100% agree with kamoshika - I have 'We come one' on my running mix and it works great.

other power choices: Eminem 'lose yourself', Black Box 'ride on time' (does anyone remember that?)
    for me club tracks work (mash-up euphoria has a lot to offer)
  • any of the Euphoria albums as they have relatively consistent BPMs.  (Beats per mins).

Podcasts also good.

But can also do shuffle mode if I'm on a LSR.

Or just listen to nature out in the countryside............

• Nice one Bruce C. That was on every week on Network 7 remember?
  • Network 7 !!!! Wow, completely forgotten about that .. its how Sunday lunchtimes were meant to be image (although I do blame it somewhat for my shortened attention span!)

• Download Girl Talk's new album for free from their site:

http://illegal-art.net/allday/

Thank me later.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14899-all-day/