New York Road Runners and forum do-gooders

I couldn't run New York this year because my wife fell pregnant and we had a son on the 5th November and called him Noah.

NYRR would not let me defer free of charge or give me a refund or allow me to exchange the place. I advertised the place in the race on here and forum do-gooders reported me to the moderator and my post was removed on at least three occasions.

Well a friend of mine bought the place and used my ID to collect the number. So to the NYRR and those with nothing better to do in life but report people to the forum police. I really do hope your next shite is an hedgehog!

Gerrit right up yers!

Comments

• So your son's 2 days old and you've nothing better to do than spit bile at unknown and unidentified people on here?

Have you waited 9 months for this?

• Then I would have been £1000 down on the deal KK. Besides 40 hours of labour was a decent training session for what's to come I reckon

Puffy - my wife and son are in hospital until lunchtime today so no, I have nothing better to do at the moment. There's not much else going on until this afternoon and no I haven't waited 9 months either. I wouldn't have known the due date 9 months ago would I? No, my annoyance started around 16 weeks ago when I was just trying to recoup some of the money I had spent. Didn't think it was too unreasonable to expect some help given the circumstances. Most people were very helpful on the various threads but just one or two really p1ssed me off reporting me for 'breaking the rules'

I even offered to give the place in the race for free if someone bought my hotel rooms that I had booked but even that wasn't good enough.

• you knew the rules of the race.....and you knew the rules of this forum........so you are upset because you were stopped from breaking the rules.........well tough.........

when your wife was in labour i imagine the hospital had rules.........maybe rules that stopped us from wandering into the delivery room.......taking photos and making jokes about your wife...........drinking and eating etc..........

I imagine you would weant those rules enforced wouldn't you.......

Just get used to the fact that you can't just have your own way all the time and break any rules you don't like.........and get off the internet and enjoy these precious moments...or are you bored with your new family already

next time you spend money on an expensive holiday abroad then take out insurance........

• They wont do it KK. You can defer your place and run again next year if your happy to pay the entry again ($281) It just seems hugely unfair to operate like this for people with genuine reasons for not running.

I can understand their position even though I don't agree with it. They don't want to have to change 5000 entries on the weeks leading up to the race but there must be a better way to do it.
  • seren nos  wrote (see)

you knew the rules of the race.....and you knew the rules of this forum........so you are upset because you were stopped from breaking the rules.........well tough.........

when your wife was in labour i imagine the hospital had rules.........maybe rules that stopped us from wandering into the delivery room.......taking photos and making jokes about your wife...........drinking and eating etc..........

Just get used to the fact that you can't just have your own way all the time and break any rules you don't like.........and get off the internet and enjoy these precious moments...or are you bored with your new family already

next time you spend money on an expensive holiday abroad then take out insurance........

+1

• I'm surprised anyone was petty and/or anal enough to report you to the mods for this.

Anyway, congrats on your new arrival.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    BouncyBunny wrote (see)
    seren nos  wrote (see)

you knew the rules of the race.....and you knew the rules of this forum........so you are upset because you were stopped from breaking the rules.........well tough.........

+1

+2

Congrats on your new arrival - I hope mother and baby are doing well.

• $281, is that what it costs or perhaps you bought a package and that is the race entry part. Me, I would never pay such an amount for a running race. There are plenty of races out there, I did the Rotterdam years ago and it wasn't that kind of fee.
  • I just love that avatar!! The NY marathon is very expensive isn't it. I entered once and they charged me £6 for being rejected. They can go pooh one for me too
  • Top avatar!!!

congrats on the birth of your son.

In the words of the great alan Prtridge - 'some people'

• Congrats MC Dave. Hope wife and son are both doing great.

Glad to hear you  shifted your NYC place. Wish I could have afforded to take it off your hands.

• I'm surprised that someone's life is so pathetic that they get satisfaction from dobbing in a total stranger - like it's any skin off their nose. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves - will they have the bottle to fess up - I doubt it.

• How do you know someone did report the threads? - maybe the RW deleted it after seeing it.

• They will pick up spam like that from the title i would think...............and once you have done it once they might look out for it..............

I imagine if he tried it on ebay he would of had his account suspended.

anyway.........if it was worth paying over £1000 just for a  race,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they surely to see your child being born is worth more............

not like missing the race because of having a cold or something is it..............that would be gutting.........or breaking your toe 5 days before the marathon

• I report people who advertise be that race places or spam or what have you else we would be overrun with designer clothes and VLM places  image
    If RW had 24/7 moderators then we wouldnt have to report some issues, they dont so 'we' do

I dont remember if I reported our OP or not

If you know that the race does not let places transfer and you know that the website you are posting on does not allow the advertising of race places then you take the consequences of those actions surely?

There are often rules that we dont agree with and those that we break, I am not an angel by any stretch of the imagination but if I am caught breaking a rule then I dont think myself or anyone else should have cause to complain?

Races have rules for a reason, I respect those reasons.
  • But that doesn't mean you have to take it on yourself to dob people in.

Express your disapproval then live and let live say I.

ps anyone want to buy a fireguard - one careful owner. 10 quid, collect only.

• If you are legally entitled to sell it Mr Blaze then I would recommend ebay as the appropriate place.........if you are not legally allowed to sell it then tough
  • I was just joking...image

Just let me off with a caution then, eh.

• I am not sure that I agree with you JB ....

I am comfortable with 'dobbing' people in if I feel that they are doing wrong, as I said if people were left to their own devices in that respect then this forum might as well become eBay ??

Unless it is spam then if it is a first poster then I would let them know that it was not allowed, the OP here is a fairly long standing member looking at the post count and therefore would be aware that selling the places was frowned upon

Should I change my name to Dobby?   image
  • I think your more Hagred than Dobby

• I will not argue with you as i know you meant well.

I just think I couldn't do it. I also think scrotal Chinese spammers who post multi threads on shite are a different case to the very occasional thread from a runner who is pushing the envelope.

I don't agree with selling numbers and i don't agree with swapping numbers when it's not allowed, but personally i wouldn't dob someone in.

• JB I agree with you about the spammin scrotes

FF ... Dead Man Walking.
  • so what illegal activiites would you dob in JB.............image...the problem is everyone has a different position on which illegal activities are ok..........some think drugs are ok....others counterfit goods......others don't mind having stolen goods free....or prostitutes.....or underage girls or boys..............because everyone has a different acceptance level....surely its just better to go with the rules set .............and then everyone knows where they stand and no one has to make a moral judgement
  • I'd dob you into the punctuation police for a start!