12 in 2012

Comments

• Spen71 there is the Bacchus Marathon 9th September set in Dorking and it has wine to taste on the way round hahaha, now that sounds like something i'd be interested in lol

seriously, it is listed on runners world

otherwise Wolverhampton ( thats very near me so could definitely come and cheer you on )

nottingham and new forrest i believe are in sept as well

Nov I think it was Rutland or Luton

and Dec Portsmouth

hope that helps

hopefully might get to see at the Wales Tenby one as my bf is doing that one
  • I have done the Half in Wolvo so would like to do a different one.   I live in Brum so not too far,

I am thinking about doing back to backs in April but not sure if it is a good idea, doing the Bath Beat and then Worcester./

• Hi Hannahsmom, it was good, a little faster than Gloucester which is surprising considering it was much much harder, I must fit the odd half in as well, I usually do the English half at Warrington, and did you ever get the group photo from the Gloucester run sorted I've not seen it yet and I'd love a copy ?

my next one could be next saturday at Belvoir, have to get my blisters sorted first and throw the damn shoes out..

in March I have the LLanelli ultra, or Blackpool (maybe even both).

Spen for December I can recommend the Liverbird Double but its on new years eve, and again the following day, and for Oct the Chester was fantastic last year, the finish at the Racecourse was out of this world, definitely on my list.  

• I did Chester last year as it is where I lived the first 30 years of my life.
  • I agree,  It was my first one and it is fantastic .  Of course I am biased as hell.   Everyone I meet I tell to do it.

• No I still dont know how to get it up here but dont hold ur breath its not very clear as it was taken on my phone, i wish now i had borrowed Ulen's camera and done a better one, I took a better one of you coming through the finish line ( infact maybe i should take it up as dont these people make a fortune taking marathon pictures on the course??)

Spen you could do the Abingdon one in October, i've heard thats good and last year Ulen did the Liverpool Marathon and I have to say as someone who got involved in the threads on there, the atmosphere was fantastic and ask any runner who did it what it was like coming out the tunnel, people said it made their hairs stand up on end.

The lovely thing about the Liverpool marathon is the Alan who organises it takes part in the forums so if u have any questions he really does answer them and it does create a real good feel to it all

After the race we went out with a bunch of runnersworld buddies, met up in the pub after ( must of been about 20 of us ) and then went off for food as well, it was a real good ending to the day, i've not known that with any other marathon i've been too ( perhaps other people have had similar experiences but as one who has been along to 3 marathons now, i've never known that before )

Wolverhampton is apparently well turned out for supporters and its 2 laps may go along this year if it doesnt clash with anything
  • OK i've had an idea about the photos

was going to post it on the Gloucester marathon but cant find the thread as its too far back now, i can send u the public link to my FB album but dont want to post it here so if you inbox me on here with your email address i'll email the link to you so you can see them

• HannahsmomUK wrote (see)
    Spen you could do the Abingdon one in October, i've heard thats good

Sadly not - as I found out that entries closed last Friday (17th) as the race has filled up in record time. You can still enter, and put your name on the waiting list. I guess I'll be considering Chester and or Liverpool in October instead - and have to hope that they don't fill up before I get around to entering them too...

I think this link is useful for tracking down marathons:
    http://www.100marathonclub.org.uk/new/events/uk_marathon_list.shtml 

I need to stop worrying about the fact I may miss out on my local marathon now, and just look forward to the 2nd of my 12, which is a week on Sunday... image

• If anyone is a Lucozade gel user for their LSRs or marathons (personally I think they're great, but I know they are not to everyone's taste), you may be interested to know that they are half price in the Lucozade online shop at the moment:

http://www.lucozadeshop.com/body-fuel-energy-gel/03617.html

I've stocked up with 4 boxes to see me through the year (best before Feb 2013).
  • you've stocked up? as much as you stocked up with the pasta??? image
  • Hi Ulen and hannahsmom, how are you? not a bad offer on the Lucozade, I use that so will probably get some, I also found a good offer on high5 race packs they are on offer to at the moment.
  • I need2 get some gels for a week on Sunday as we're doing silverstone, tried some other gels this week and they did nothing for me, but can't remember what I used b4 as Ulen gave them to me, we're off 2 cornwall for duchy marathon this weekend EG
  • Good for you, I tried the High 5 race pack and that was really good, probably about 10 gels and 5 or 6 powder drink mixes for about £4.50, let us know how you get on in Cornwall, I've had nearly two weeks rest since Cotswolds Marathon, I broke a toe at 20 miles coming downhill and it's just about ready for a run this weekend. I have a 10k, a fell race and a half this month in prep for the Llanelli ultra 37 at month end.

• you broke a toe!!! omg how? scary!!!
  • Yeah, it was really sore but not until the following night, seems ok now though, bruising has gone and ready for another battering I guess, mind you I threw my shoes out as I felt they were the cause being a little too tight 
  • did u actually bin them? wish someone else would have a good sort out of old trainers and bin them image
  • Yeah I generally have so many about that I need to bin some every now and then, currently 4 road pairs in use and three off-raod, with more than that lying around waiting
  • mmmmm perhaps i need to buy some more trainers!!! currently I have 2 pairs one that sitting in a cupboard doing nothing that i used to run in and the other pair i run in, thats it!!!
  • I have 4 pairs on the go, and *someone* thinks this is too many.
    Outdoor running, indoor running, gym and leisure wear. Why, I ask you, would I need to bin any? The only pair not in use is the pair I ran the London Marathon in, and I'm NEVER going to bin those!!!
  • could have sworn i spotted more than 4 pairs of trainers on my travels around your house image
  • Anyone looking for a September marathon, consider the inaugural Perthshire marathon on the 1st of the month - it's comparatively cheap to enter and you get free camping for a night too so don't have to shell out for a hotel. Plus the local scenery is absolutely beautiful! image
  • Hi Hannahsmom, how did you go on at Silverstone?
  • oops just noticed this thread

I did 2hours 37, i know its snail pace to you lol but it was a really hot day, i was treating it as a training run for london and decided to slow the pace right down

the goodnews is I felt great after it, only a small knee niggle at mile 12 but i was too high on adrenilin by then and cried so much after i finished that st.johns ambulance guy asked me if i was ok lol

i think it was because there were so many people dropping like flies and being stretchered off cos the heat caught alot of people out!

but thoroughly enjoyed it, would love to do another HM but dont think i will find one now that will fit in my training plan before london
  • and darn it, i was going to have an early night tonight cos i'm on the radio in the morning at 7.20, oh well, guess i shouldnt go and be a dirty stop out on a tuesday night!!!!
  • Ha ha well done, I'm sure you'll get the trip in London, it's strange weather isn't it, I did Cartmel and Liverpool at the weekend and both were really warm
  • Forgot their is 2 threads on this subject,   I have done Gloucester, Cotswolds and Blackpool do far.  October  I am now going to do Washington DC image
  • I did Gloucester and Cotswolds too, Llanelli Ultra is my next one, then Manchester in April, Sunderland in May and the Wall in June. It's funny last year when I was planning all this it seemed such a long way off
  • Jan - Gloucester

Feb - Cotswolds

Mar - Blackpool

Apr - Worcester

May - Northants Shires and Spires (35 miles)

June - Trail Wales

July -Over the Edge

August - NDW 50

Sept - Birmingham Canter

Oct - Chester and Washington DC

Nov - ?

Dec - ?