12 in 2012

Comments

• So how's the 12 in 12 going then? Are we all still in
  • Hi everyone, i'm still in, have done Belvoir,Steyning,barrow challenge and Sussex so far. Am at Bungay a week today and then Shakespear on the 29th so all good so far!
    Times not the best but hey there is plenty of time left for a good one!
  • Im still in.   Done 4 this year and got Worcs next Sunday
  • Manchester, Sunderland, Dukeries ultra next for me, with Gloucester, Cotswolds and Born to Run Ultra already in the bag.
  • 2 down, Heartbreaker and Paris Eco Trail, Brighton, North Dorset and Marlborough 33 in the next month. Still a couple more to find for the year.
  • July and August are problems, it's either Croydon Ultra (but it's only 14 days afetr the Wall) or the Isle of Man Marathon, any more options ?
  • Chichester Challenge in July, Salisbury 54321 in August.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    I really wish I had discovered this thread earlier! I'm only planning on two so far: London and Marathon du Medoc.... i'm also considering Florence but money looks to be a bit tight this year....
  • I'd thoroughly recommend Florence, loved it last year and did it relatively cheaply, until I hit the restaurants and cars post race. Oh, and the gelato shops.....
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

ooops - am hopeless at keeping track of threads. I'm still on track for my 12 in 2012.... done gloucester, seville and blackpool so far and have london for this month followed by...
    May: Windermere
    Jun: Great Wales (Tenby)
    Jul: Enigma summer festival (nr Milton Keynes)
    Augt: Thames meander
    Sept: Farnham pilgrim
    Oct: Leicester
    Nov: Rutland
    Dec: Lisbon (followed by a well-deserved holiday in the sun)

have managed to get progressively quicker with each marathon so far but have a feeling that'll come to an end when i hit the hills at Windermere.......though it could all go pear shaped at london seeing as my darling dog Lotti decided to chew both pairs of my shoes which i had nicely broken in for long distances - my new pair gave me blisters on a 21 mile run last weekend image 
    Have promised my husband i will not run a single marathon next year so 13 in 13 looks unlikely for me right now image

• Way2slow, I'll see you at the Farnham Pilgrim, do you have any info on the Thames Meander?
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    Hi KateF...... I found it by accident on the 100 marathon club website after a guy i ran part of blackpool with suggested looking on there. The website for it is http://www.hermesrunning.com/ Think they only allow about 250 people so would get in quick......have been told it's a really nice one to do image
  • Couldn't find any information on the website, but have entered anyway, thanks!
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    you have to keep clicking on the thames meander title - eventually get to a word doc that has some info on it. you could try giving the organisers a call as well (i spoke to Ross - he was really nice).... for farnham, do you live nearby?- am trying to find a dog friendly hotel nearby but am struggling as don't know the area.....
  • Found it. I will make some enquiries of my Farnham friends, I'm a local too so will see what I can find.
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    brilliant, thanks for that.... will see you at the meander - i'll be the one with a bored looking husband and over-excited beagle in tow image
  • 3 down, 9 to go with Brighton completed yesterday, wasn't feeling 100% so backed off for the second half knowing it's the big one, North Dorset Villages in 3 weeks. I've seen the Portsmouth marathon is on the 23rd December this year, I'm going to have to have that as a last resort as I will be lugging a lot of mince pie around.
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    well done KateF - what sort of time did you do.... have my 4th on sunday - am hoping for sub-4 but will make do with a finish if i have to image
  • Hi everyone, 5 down, 7 to go - completed Bungay yesterday and by far the quickest of the 5 this year at 4.13 - mind you it's the first one that i have been able to get any consistency with manageable hills and on road. Shakespear in 2 weeks time and a slight achillies pain to deal with!
    Portsmouth on the cards for me too.
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    Nice one Sue O - hope Shakespeare goes well - have heard it's a really nice course. Did originally think of doing Portsmouth but the lure of Portugal in december was just too great i'm afraid 
  • right me and ulen madasaboxoffrogs is going to shakey tomorrow, i cant stay whole of it i'm afraid but will be there at the start to say hi and cheer you on

not sure now who is doing this

Sue O i see you are doing it, well done on Brighton time, wish i'd have realised u were going i went to that too, i've not logged on here for ages as been so busy, I think VLM just took my time in the last 3 weeks but done that now ( now i'm looking for my next marathon!!! )
  • way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

hope u had fun at shakey HannahsmomUK - how'd you go at london? sorry didn't get in touch in london - phone ran out of juice and Nig managed to pack the wrong charger so had no phone the whole weekend image.maybe catch up at windermere in a few weeks time......

• London went great even with the knee injury, i took my painkillers at mile 17 and was aiming for 6hours and was pleased with 5hours 49mins, got a hug of the legendary Mick N Phil ( they returned it today but it was somewhat a wet one!!! )

Shakey marathon got cancelled today due to weather conditions, the Greenway apparently was ankle deep in water, they just did the half marathon but the decision was not announced to the majority of the runners until every had lined up in the pouring rain and some of them didnt hear it so some people thought they were running the marathon, which was a shame, Ulen was soaked, not good

he also didnt get a goody bag as they ran out and no medal either, not a good day really!! image
  • Well done on London hannahsmom, eventually i may get to do it - will try again in the lottery tommorrow - not holding my breath though!!

Well today was a washout and agree not a good day at all, have to say it would have been tough going doing the full but when you have your mind set on doing it it's dissapointing not to be able to. The conditions were brutal at times with the head wind - hope ullen has dried out - i had a 4 hour journey back to Ipswich which just about topped the day off!!

I didn't do Brighton but am hoping to next year - how good a time did i get!!!!

2 weeks to Halstead but have a niggly achillies which may throw me out of that one - oh well still on course with 5 done.
  • Hey everyone! I'm a bit late to the party but am also doing 12 in 2012!

how is everyone finding it so far? 

Glad i stopped by as I am currently trying to find a local marathon for july and have a list of 9 just from reading thorugh the back posts.

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Rob.

• well on the shakespeare thread the race director is offering discount fo the Kent roadrunner marathon in June, but you have to make a decision by this friday , hold on i'll copy and paste

+++++

I am Race Director for the Kent Roadrunner Marathon. I've read the comments from some of the runners disappointed affected by events at yesterday's Shakespeare Marathon.

As a marathon runner myself, I know how disappointing this must have been. Consequently, I'd like to make this offer to all affected by yesterday's decision. If you would like to share the message on facebook, etc then please do. Thank you for your time, and for the small "plug".

#################
    To all entrants in the 2012 Shakespeare Marathon:
    As a consolation for yesterday's events, we're offering HALF-PRICE entries for the Kent Roadrunner Marathon on 4th June to all affected runners *. Offer expires 23:59 on Friday 4th May.

Please email the Race Director at: info@kentroadrunner.com

(* - subject to our race limit of 250 runners)

Ian J Berry
    Race Director, Kent Roadrunner Marathon
    http://www.kentroadrunner.com

just incase that helps at all

where do u live Rob?

there is over the edge marathon, shropshire I think, sure someone will post the details about that

what have u done so far?

Sue O, weather conditions were terrible werent they for Shakey, think they left it too late to tell people tho just as they were starting? awful!!!

I have entered Brighton next year, did u get in the ballot today for VLM, i did but its closed now

Jo
  • Hi Hannahsmom how you doing? long time no see. Just completed my 5 in 5 so far with the marathon from hell in Manchester, I see the Shakespeare was cancelled, if the weather was worse than Manchester I would have gone home anyway. That would have bothered me as I'm doing my 12 in 12 as one Marathon per calendar month, anyway next Sunday I have the Marathon of the North in Sunderland, two in a week which is new for me, when's your next 
  • Hi Rob welcome to the 12 in 12 club, where have you run so far?

Yes HM i agree they left it late but on reflection it was awful conditions and it was the right decision for me that they cancelled it. I saw the bit from Kent road runners but can't make that one due to work - shame though as it's not too far to travel for me.

I tried to enter for London last night but ballot closed and am thinking Brighton too pricy at nearly £60 - not that i'm mean but it's an expensive hobby this marathon lark!!!

Have gymed yesterday and today but no running as achillies too painful at the minute, will have to think long and hard about Halsted in 2 weeks time. Don't want to bugger myself up for the rest of the year. Have the chance to do a weekend double in mid June in Suffolk to get the numbers up - if anyone interested it is the Gt Barrow challenge, they also do a 4 in 4 days in Sept which i may be interested in - have to see how the year goes!

Where is Ullens next run??
  • I'm doing 12 in 12 as well and loving the motivation it gives me. Done so far Liverbird new years day Missed devon with an injury Gin pit 2 marathons in 2 days Manchester White peak Dukeries Lancaster Much wenlock Hell on humber Yorkshireman Rivington Maybe chester Maybe liverpool Snowdonia