Options

12 in 2012

Comments

• Options
    SkiSpeedQueen wrote (see)

Richmond Park marathon was excellent today, will train specifically for this event next time.  Elevation gain 2,362ft (720 metres), t-band got challenged, nothing a foam roller and stretching won't sort out.

I'm now upto speed, have completed 5 marathons before end of May.

HsMomUK c u in Tenby in 3 weeks.

How was Brathay marathon?

You've overtaken me then - as (thanks to the Shakespeare fiasco) I'm only up to 3 by the end of May. Although I am squeezing in a catch-up race in 2 weeks.

Brathay was great, although it was hillier than I'd convinced myself it would be (even having driven the course the day before). Fantastic scenery, well marshalled, and in the end near perfect weather. It helped having my gf (HannahsmomUK) cycling round most of the course to cheer me on and cheer me up (especially up the last killer hill at 21 miles!)

The only minor gripe I have about the event was that the mile markers seemed a bit out - so the last mile was longer than a mile and the last 385 yards (including a nasty downhill/uphill combination) must've been nearly double that...

Full kudos to the 18 nutters who all completed 10 of that challenging course in 10 days! Great to meet up with Way2Slow for a chat beforehand, and for a well earned beer afterwards!

My updated list is now:
    Jan - Glos (4:58)
    Mar - Duchy (4:52)
    May - Brathay (4:53)*
    Jun - Kent Roadruner (entered)
    Jun - Wales (entered)
    Jul - Over the Edge (entered)
    Aug - Thames Meander (entered)
    Sep - Wolves or New Forest (tbc)
    Oct - Abingdon (entered)
    Nov - Crewe or Luton (tbc)** 
    Dec - Portsmouth (entered)
    +1 somewhere in amongst them! 

* would've been 4:51 if I hadn't had to stop about Mile 18 to take a stone out of my shoe image
    ** was going for Rutland - but it seems that one has no medal? Not sure I want to do 12 races in this challenge without the 12 medals to go with it! Crewe déjà vu is now on my possibles list, but at 105 laps of a track - very much TBC at the moment - although it does have some rave reviews here on RW...

• Options

I have startet a bit late with London (4:13) being the first one. Then I had the Three Forts Challenge (4:45) and Orpington Marafun (3:57). So is is 3 so far. Next is Gravesend on the 4th June and the rest:

july - Fairlands 50K

aug - Reykjavik, Iceland

September is a bit busy: 02/09 Margate, Kent 09/09 Dorking 23/09 New Forest

October 14/10 Leicester 27/10 Snowdonia

November 18/11 A20

And I am still thinking of Bruxelles on 07/10 as a 12+1.

• Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

nooooooooooo...,..... don't tell me Rutland has no medal....... I've already entered image

see you at Tenby Ulen - we'll have to have more beer image

• Options

12 in 12 Calender as at 22nd May 2012
    JAN
    Gloucester – way2slow, Ulen, Spen71, EG Graham & Rob Tanner; Portsmouth –SueO, Liverbird - Willo46; Northampton – MiserableBleeder; Enigma – MiserableBleeder; Anglesey - MiserableBleeder

FEB
    Seville – way2slow; Belvoir – SueO, Ulen(?) & EG Graham; Cambridge – Ulen(?); Heartbreaker – KateF; Shropshire – MiserableBleeder; Cotswolds – Spen71, EG Graham & Miserablebleeder

MAR
     Cornwall(Duchy) – Ulen(?); Steyning – SueO, SSQ, JamesJoy, Redruth & Ulen(?); Paris Eco Trail – KateF; Cambridge – Ulen & Rob Tanner, Blackpool – Way2Slow & Spen71; Llanelli ultra 37 – EG Graham & Born to run -  EG Graham, Barrow challenge – SueO; Barcelona - SSQ

APR
    VLM – way2slow, HMUK, JamesJoy, MiserableBleeder, Emmy_Bug, Rob Tanner, JamesJoy, & SueO, Sussex – SueO; Bungay - SueO; Brighton – HMUK, KateF & JamesJoy; Blackpool – Spen71; Manchester - EG Graham & Willo46; Worcester – Spen71; Milton Keynes - SSQ

MAY
    Richmond Park- SSQ, SueO & JamesJoy(?); Prague – SSQ; Brathay Windermere – way2slow, Ulen; North Dorset Villages – KateF; Marlborough – KateF; Halstead – SueO, JamesJoy(?); Sunderland – EG Graham; Northants – Spen71; Dukeries – EG Graham & Willo46; Orpington – Rob Tanner; White Peak – Willio46

JUN
    Wales(Tenby) – Way2Slow, SSQ & Ulen; Wales Trail – Spen71& Miserablebleeder; Lancaster – SueO; South Downs – KateF & Rob Tanner, The Wall – EG Graham

JUL
    Isle of Man – SSQ & Ulen(?); Bletchley - Ulen; Chichester Challenge – KateF(?); Valley Challenge – JamesJoy;  Thunder Run – JamesJoy; Over the Edge – Spen71; Enigma – Way2Slow; Boddington - Rob Tanner(?); Cheltenham – Rob Tanner(?); Littledown – Rob Tanner(?); Croydon – EG Graham; Lakeland – MiserableBleeder; Wenlock Olympian – MiserableBleeder

AUG
     Guernsey - SSQ & Ulen(?); Salisbury54321 – Ulen(?), KateF, EG Graham(?) & Rob Tanner(?); Thames meander Way2Slow; Ulen(?); NDW 50 – Spen71; Reykjavik - CheckMate

SEP
    LochNess – way2slow(?), SSQ, EG Graham & MiserableBleeder; Nottingham way2slow(?); Kent Coastal – way2slow(?); Robin Hood or New Forest – Ulen & Rob Tanner; Lea Valley - JamesJoy(?); Toad Challenge – JamesJoy; Birmingham Canter – Spen71; Farnham pilgrim – Way2slow, Marathon du Medoc - Emmy_Bug

OCT
    Leicester – way2slow, Ulen & Spen71; Abingdon Oxfordshire – JamesJoy, Lucca – KateF(?); Washington DC – Spen71, Amsterdam – SSQ; Chester – EG Graham & Willio46(?), Clarendon – Rob Tanner(?); Snowdon - Misera

• Options

Wow what a list, there's quite a bit of mileage there!

Update

October - Liverpool,

Nov - Rutland

Dec/Jan - Liverbird double

also just spotted Reykjavik in August, we'll be there then on holiday but chances are wife would kill me

• Options

wow great list, well done for comprising that, so who's gonna meet up in Tenby then lol

and glad i helped Ulen, those hills were a killer at Brathay, and cycling uses different muscles too i just had to walk them, no way i could cycle them

still laughing about the woman who bought a cider ice lo from the ice cream van at the top of killer mile 21

• Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

definately up for meeting in Tenby HMUK - we'll be there from the friday....

SSQ - r u up for some beer too?  got all my runs booked now they are......
    June - tenby
    july - enigma
    aug - thames meander
    sep - farnham pilgrim
    oct - leicester
    nov - rutland
    dec - lisbon (with a nice holiday after)
    anyone else doing any of these?

• Options

W2S, I will see you in August and September, and I have to say December looks tempting too!

• Options
  • Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

Hi KateF - be great to meet you - i should be easy to recognise.....a short, blond(ish), fat (ish) woman in skins shorts with a bored looking husband and slightly neurotic beagle dog trailing along behind image 

• Options

I'm a very average medium brunette, but should be wearing a blue Waverley Harriers top, not too many of us at the Thames Meander so we should be able to spot each other!

• Options

I'll be the only Jamaican female in the race with a purple top with "Cammie" written on it.

• Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

will see you there then SSQ - think may be joining up with HMUK etc for a beer on the saturday too if you fancy it?

• Options
    Just noticed there is Lancaster castle marathon 24th June, also found out from my running club last night Worcester did a marathon for the first time this year it was in April so gone now but the person who did it said it was a nice one to run, good views Just incase anyone wants to consider for next year
  • Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

think my marathon career may be over after this year HMUK....... though having said that am seriously considering doing windermere again next year (not the 10 in 10 tho - nutters!!!!)

• Options

Well that was a tough one - 16 miles this morning in the heat, though i might escape it starting at 7am but it was hot by then anyway! That was my longest run since Bungay mara in mid April due to the achillies problems i've had and boy it was harsh. Glad to say achillies didn't really give me any grief - just felt like crap as fitness had escaped me!! Glad though i can now concentrate on Gr Barrow in 3 weeks time.

Nice to hear some of us 12 in 12's are meeting up and putting faces to names.

W2S i am going to Rutland so will see you there - even if we don't get a medal!!

• Options
    Dukeries ultra 30m yesterday in ridiculous heat. 6 in 5 image
  • Options
    Well done to everyone who ran this weekend whether training or a race, it was very hot
  • Options
    way2slow wrote (see)

will see you there then SSQ - think may be joining up with HMUK etc for a beer on the saturday too if you fancy it?

I'm up for a drink on Saturday will be coming with my friend.

Ran the Bupa 10K yesterday set a new Pb, was hot, ran a negative split.

Will be taking it easy for the summer marathons after setting 3 new different distance Pbs in May.

Had a easy pace, but hilly 5km run at 6am this morning it was fairly cool.

I'm thinking maybe I should book 13 marathons just in case one gets cancelled.

I've got a charity place for London Marathon 2013 yepee....now to start raising £1800, might as well use my 12 in 12 challenge as part of VLM2013 fund raising.  Is anyone else doing this?

• Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭
    Sue O wrote (see)

W2S i am going to Rutland so will see you there - even if we don't get a medal!

Excellent - am thinking this 12 in 12 lark is a great way of getting to know new people image

SSQ - will mail you about meeting up at Tenby - have you got accom or do you live nearby (we're staying in Saundersfoot)?

• Options

I did Dukeries too and the heat was unbearable, I reckon thats now 8 in 8 for me with the Wall to come in June

• Options

Booked the Kent road runner marathon in Gravesend yesterday, I think Ulen is running this one, hope to see hannahsMomUk and Ulen on Monday and anyone else who is running this one. 17 laps image.

• Options

yes that will be great, got ur PM, hahaha leave me ur mobile so i can text you ( and hopefully will have a signal this time unlike Brathay where there was no signal at all ) so we can arrange to meet up

What charity are u running for for VLM

• Options

I was thinking the same, it's a bit crap with all this spam, why is it that the people who know how to handle computers always do the shit, the brainiest ones are never those employed to run systems.

Wall next for me, then Isle of Man, change of plan in July

• Options
    Which one u doing in July? Yes spamming now getting on my nerves

Still can't decide which marathon I want to run next!!!
  • Options

Just completed a 20 miler, didn't feel too bad image last one before Gt Barrow double next weekend which will be numbers 6 and 7 fingers and toes crossed! 

Don't think i will do one in July but maybe August, although work wise it's manic then so maybe not.

A20 path n downs, Kent coastal, Rutland, possibly Dublin and Portsmouth for the tail end of the year for me.

• Options

6 done for me with the South Downs yesterday, am also thinking about A20 Sue.

• Options

Hih

Spam seems to have gone, Where am I going to get all my cheap streamed telly from now? I changed my plan for July (From Croydon to Isle of Man) and August (From Salisbury to Gin Pit) the dates gave me more rest time in between. Still going with SEP - Loch Ness, OCT - Chester, NOV - Rutland Water and DEC - Liverbird for the full year.

• Options
    HannahsmomUK wrote (see)

yes that will be great, got ur PM, hahaha leave me ur mobile so i can text you ( and hopefully will have a signal this time unlike Brathay where there was no signal at all ) so we can arrange to meet up

What charity are u running for for VLM

Will be running for Anthony Nolan charity