Options

12 in 2012

Comments

• Options

Hello all.   7 down for me  6 marathons and 1 ultra.   Did trail marathon Wales on Saturday and really enjoyed it.    I think I may be up to 15 for the year now though but seem to be losing track lol

• Options
    Ed graham.. Brilliant image
  • Options

and now for a quick update.

JUN
    Wales(Tenby) – Way2Slow, SSQ & Ulen; Wales Trail – Spen71& Miserablebleeder; Lancaster – SueO & Willo46; South Downs – KateF & Rob Tanner, The Wall – EG Graham; Gt Barrow - SueO

JUL
    Isle of Man – SSQ & EG Graham; Chichester Challenge – KateF(?); Valley Challenge – JamesJoy;  Thunder Run – JamesJoy;  Over the Edge – Spen71 & Ulen; Boddington - Rob Tanner(?); Cheltenham – Rob Tanner(?); Littledown – Rob Tanner(?); Lakeland – MiserableBleeder; Wenlock Olympian – MiserableBleeder; Fairlands - CheckMate

AUG
    Guernsey - SSQ; Salisbury – KateF & Rob Tanner(?); Thames meander – Ulen; NDW 50 – Spen71; Reykjavik – CheckMate; Gin Pit – EG Graham; Full Moon –SueO(?)

SEP
    LochNess – SSQ, EG Graham & MiserableBleeder; Kent Coastal – SueO, CheckMate; Robin Hood or New Forest – Ulen, CheckMate & Rob Tanner; Lea Valley - JamesJoy(?); Toad Challenge – JamesJoy; Birmingham Canter – Spen71; Farnham pilgrim – Way2slow, Marathon du Medoc - Emmy_Bug; Margate – CheckMate; Gt Barrow X4 – SueO

OCT
    Leicester – Spen71; Abingdon– JamesJoy, Lucca – KateF(?); Washington DC – Spen71, Amsterdam – SSQ; Frankfurt – SSQ; Chester – EG Graham & Willio46(?), Clarendon – Rob Tanner(?); Snowdon – MiserableBleeder; Bruxelles – CheckMate(?), Dublin – SueO(?)

NOV
    Rutland – SueO, EG Graham & MiserableBleeder; Luton – JamesJoy & Ulen(?); A20 PathnDowns – Kate(?), SueO, Rob Tanner(?) & CheckMate; Athens – SSQ(?); Crewe – Ulen(?)

DEC
    Portsmouth - SSQ, Ulen, SueO, KateF(?) & Rob Tanner(?); Liverbird – EG Graham; Sunrise2Sunset - MiserableBleeder

7 Marathons Down
    Spen71 - 7toGO, SSQ - 7toGO, Willo46, SueO - 8toGO, Ulen - 5toGO

• Options

Update Sept, Ulen is doing the Bacchus Marathon ( it has wine tasting stations as well as water stations hahaha ) and October he is doing the Abingdon Marathon

I hope to see you at some of the marathons soon 

• Options

I should hit 21 for the year, unless I do more of course image

• Options

Hi HM - After doing the Wall I'm struggling with a groin strain, two weeks now and no running, and only two weeks to Isle of Man, will have the bike out at weekend for some therapy, will end up doing this one with hardly any running in the bag

• Options

Number 8 done.   Toughest so far with all the mud and very tired legs.   Next one is Illmington Cotswolds in 2 weeks.

• Options

Oh No EG what a pain, hope u will be ok for Chester, i've not signed up for Chester btw cos figured i needed more than 2 weeks recovery before bham HM but i may come up for weekend ( love Chester and may come and watch as there are so many people i know running it ) i'll probably regret not running it then as well image

My ankles are aching from this weekend, Spen what part of you aches from Sunday?

• Options

Hi HM - more than ready for Chester, not missing that one, I'm still aiming to do the Isle of man on 22nd of this month, not been running much but have put plenty of miles in on the bike, so should be slow but will get round

• Options

Number 8 done.

@EG Graham sorry I did get to see you in IOM yesterday.

Left ITB injury meant I hobbled around the IOM, hope I can recover for Guernsey next month.

@Joe Hawk -  21 marathons that's impressive. What marathons are you set to do for the rest of the year?

• Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

sounds like everyone's going well...... next for me is thames meander so hopefully catch up with some of you there?

• Options

say hello to MAABOF W2S  i'll be on holiday then!!

• Options
    Hannah's mum your finish in Much Wenlock is on YouTube! There is a link on the Wenlock Olympian Society web site.

Chris
  • Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

have a great hol HMUK - going anywhere nice?

• Options
    Hi there HM enjoy your hols, I missed Isle of Man due to injury didn't find what it was until today so will also miss my August run, have to focus on the Sept run at Loch Ness but even that's in doubt, now 7 weeks with no running and counting
  • Options

@HMUK have a great holiday. 

Good luck to Ulen and Way2slow in the thames meander on Sunday,

@Way2slow - glad to see your back in the game.

I'll be in Guernsey Sunday - hope my left IT band doesn't play up.

• Options

Just noticed this thread again.

After a crap month in May / June when I had to put my dog down I'm now at 15 Marathons for the year and approx £1200 in sponsorship.

Aiming to complete as many as possible from the following list:-

1. Sandwell Six Towns (Walk)
    2. Pathfinder (W)
    3. Wolves
    4. Wistanstow (W)
    5. Open to Offa's (W)
    6. Loch Ness
    7. Where Raven's Dare (W)
    8. Leicester
    9. Snowdon
    10. Staffs Enigma
    11. Rutland
    12. Enigma Fox @ 40
    13. Sundon Saunter (W)
    14. Broadmeadow
    15. Portsmouth
    16. Sunrise to Sunset
    17. Liverbird

Will be spectacularly slow in all of them, but hoping to complete a minimun of 25 events in 2012.

And then put my feet up next year image

• Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

cheers for that SSQ. Thames meander was ok - organisation wasn't the best (when i got to the last but one water station they'd just about run out of water and there was something like 130 runners still behind me - hope they managed to get more for them) but the route itself was lovely and managed my quickest time of the year so far.....

Ulen - how did you get on? was great to see you again. sorry didn't see you after

miserable bleeder - good luck with the rest of your challenge - you're certainly doing better than me on the sponsorship front - may see you at leicester.....

• Options

Just seen this thread........good luck you guys with you 12 in 12. I did it in 2010 and it was just a great feeling to finish that last one - which was Portsmouth inaugral in December.

Last year was pretty much a recovery year for me after my 2010 shenaingans and I only did 5 - this year I am up to 10 with a further 5 entered and a possible 2 others.

Latest one was Thames Meander which was a good run apart from the teething problems already discussed in length on other posts...I will go back next year as it was most enjoyable. Next one is New Forest - one of my favs and have had good and bad runs there so am not biased. Then poss Clarendon, Abingdon (entered), Beachy Head (entered), A20 Trail poss, Enigma (entered) and finishing off with Portsmouth.

Have just entered Comrades on Saturday so I have the blessed relief - if you could call it that - as my marathons now 'only' being training runs. That 26.2 mile distance is to be respected tho and I have had an up and down year with some niggles. Each time I finish one I am very thankful and good luck to you 12 in 12'ers with your quests.....it will all be worth it in the end. Am now just hoping my body will just carry that massive bit further and I can complete Comrades next year. Massive ask of it tho but if you don't ask / try....you will just never know..

Oh and hopefully see some of you at Portsmouth. image

• Options

cheers Possum Hopper - good luck with training for comrades - all the guys at my running club are now on at me to do an ultra so any training tips you can throw in my direction would be much appreciated image

• Options

Nu Nu nice to see u here at last lol How are u, you have Pilgrims this weekend yes?

Thames meander sounded lovely I really wanted to do that one but just the wrong time of the year for me with the school holidays image

MB i'm doing the Staffs Enigma one too, look out for me i'll be the one that will be at the very back so hopefully all the 24 of the people running it may stay on the finish line and cheer me in, hopefully you will high 5 me as we are going past each other seeing as its out and backs but i'm looking forward to it

The Bacchus event was brilliant, although very very hilly, only did the HM but the heat didnt help, it was so hot in those vineyards but have to say that the organisation was the best i've ever seen at any marathon so far ( and i've been to a few now thanks to supporting someone in this 12 in 12 challenge lol )  Loads of marshalls on route, every wine station ( as well as the wine ) had water, bananas, raisins, oranges, jelly babies other sweets, crisps prezels, never seen so much and they werent short of anything either, they were very generous even with the wine they kept filling you up once u had finshed ( well didnt take long to drink a thimble of wine ) and the medal was really nice, my favourite medal so far 

a PW time tho, so if anyone wants to do it next year dont consider it to be a PB lol

EG you still doing Chester? how's the injury going?

Chris didnt realise the MW was on youtube, will have to go and have a look now, I bet I look a right sight coming in caked in mud lol

So what is everyone's next marathon then? 

• Options

Hya HMuk Injury is not gone, total running break for a couple of months unless I get a miracle by the looks of it. will probably go to Chester anyway how about you what are you doing? 

• Options

HMuk, I shall be plodding along behind you on day 1, and helping Marshal the event on Day 2 - so should get to say "Hello".

Miserable Bleeder wrote (see)

Just noticed this thread again.

After a crap month in May / June when I had to put my dog down I'm now at 15 Marathons for the year and approx £1200 in sponsorship.

Aiming to complete as many as possible from the following list:-

1. Sandwell Six Towns (Walk) - Completed
    2. Pathfinder (W) - DNS
    3. Wolves - DNS
    4. Wistanstow (W) - Completed
    5. Open to Offa's (W)
    6. Loch Ness
    7. Where Raven's Dare (W)
    8. Dave Lewis Challenge (W)
    9. Snowdon
    10. Staffs Enigma (Day 1)
    11. Rutland
    12. Enigma Fox @ 40
    13. Sundon Saunter (W)
    14. Broadmeadow
    15. Portsmouth
    16. Sunrise to Sunset
    17. Liverbird

Will be spectacularly slow in all of them, but hoping to complete a minimun of 25 events in 2012.

And then put my feet up next year image

• Options
    way2slow wrote (see)

cheers for that SSQ. Thames meander was ok - organisation wasn't the best (when i got to the last but one water station they'd just about run out of water and there was something like 130 runners still behind me - hope they managed to get more for them) but the route itself was lovely and managed my quickest time of the year so far.....

Ulen - how did you get on? was great to see you again. sorry didn't see you after

miserable bleeder - good luck with the rest of your challenge - you're certainly doing better than me on the sponsorship front - may see you at leicester.....

Thanks W2S.

Decided not to do Leicester, but opt for the Dave Lewis Challenge instead.

I used up most of my spare hols adopting a new dog, so would have to go to work the day after (not good).

Have a good race.

• Options

oooh - what dog did you get MB - i have a beagle who LOVES to come out running with me and certainly makes the miles go faster (though she doesn't quite understand she's supposed to pull me up the hills yet - lol). probably sensible to give leicester a miss if you're at work the next day and would involve lots of travelling too - must admit that one can be a bit dull (though the last mile uphill can be quite interesting!). i'm off to do the farnham pilgrim this weekend - my first ever off roader and i've got to go to work the next day too (not looking forward to that one)......

• Options

MBleeder your doing very well on sponsorship , any tips? and on the number of marathons - Brilliant. 

I've raised £371 for Anthony Nolan charity , have quite a bit more to raise to reach my target of £1,800.  I've completed 9 out 12/13 marathons so far.

Any donations are welcome http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/runwithc

Hopefully I would have completed 12 by end of October and will have a non running holiday in November.

I've always been back at work the day after most of my marathons so I'm sure MBleeder you will be ok too.

• Options

SSQ - i'll sponsor you if you sponsor me image

• Options

Wow you are getting about, I'm going up to Loch Ness but my long lasting injury doesn't look good for it, still, will enjoy the break. SSQ hope the ITB sorted itself out for you

• Options

Hi everyone, long time since my last marathon and post.....numbers 8 to 11 on for the Barrow challenge next week 4 maras in 4 days to complete.....which will take me to 11 for the year with 4 left on the calender. looks likw alot of us are finishing at Portsmouth would be great to meet up!