Options

12 in 2012

Comments

• Options

Enigma running were talking of putting a 12/12/12 event on, something small obviously on the 12th december of 2012 nothing definite yet Would be fun but where it would be I dont know and its during the week too

EG i've booked in at chester, havent entered it as doing Staffs marathon, but have been offered a place from someone else who is out cos of injury, now i know u lot are experienced marathon runners lol and do alot of marathons close together but i'm not sure that doing 2 marathons for a newbie with 3 weeks apart with a couple of half marathons thrown in for good measure might be abit much for me yet, although i know when i get to Chester and see everyone run I will have wished I had done it :-/

MB i'm running day 2 not day one on the Staffs one so u may well be picking up flags after me if you are marshalling hahaha  You can probably run behind me and tell me to hurry up lol

• Options

Hi HMUK hoping to be at Chester running, but only a slim chance, so possibly be there as spectator. My year has gone off the rails this last couple of months

• Options

We got another Lurcher (Collie / Greyhound Cross), bit of a food thief at the moment but turning out nicely.

As for the Sponsorship I was lucky to be raising for a Greyhound Kennel with a Facebook Page so I post updates on there and quite a lot of money came that way.

Friends & Family have contributed quite a bit, but it's slowed down quite a bit now, so going to try emailing a few companies I know through work, and then when I get towards the end I will ask work for sponsorship matching.

On another note, only managed the 21mile route of the Open to Offa's walk yesterday. Got timed out for the 30mile route, but was secretly glad as some of the Clywydian Hills were absolute monsters, and I thought my legs would pop off.

Next Stop Loch Ness.

• Options

BTW if anyone is interested, here are the reports:-

Click Here

• Options

Hello everyone! It's been a while, but when I've not been marathon
    training, I've been getting stressed out settling into my new job. 4
    months in and the dust is beginning to settle.

I'm on track now, 8 down and number 9 this weekend.

Over the Edge (Much Wenlock) back in July was horrible, but fun in a
    "just scrape in under 7 hours" kind of way. Oh the mud, the endless
    mud! Still, at least the forecast rain kept off until afterwards.
    Sadly my Garmin died at 5 hours, so I didn't have an accurate record
    of the course (although I could fill in the gap with Iheartmedals half). Would I do it again? I doubt it!

August brought The Thames Meander which by comparison I enjoyed a
    great deal. Pace was spot on plan, and I clocked up a "season best"
    (4h50m48s). Even the torrential rainstorm in Richmond Park which
    soaked me to the skin didn't dampen my spirits. The downside, as
    Way2Slow mentioned (good to see you there image ) was they ran out of water, at at least two of the stations. Luckily I'd refilled my water bottle at the Putney Bridge halfway point (although had to wait for water there as, yes, they'd run out...), so it saw me through to the end. Thanks especially to Possum Hopper for the lift back to the station - so save me from a soaking once I'd changed into dry clothes!

September was Bacchus. Was this a marathon, or was it a wine-tasting
    crawl? I signed up to this as it sounded fun. Ha ha! And to be fair
    it was. Still on a high from 2 weeks before, I planned to notch up another sub-5. Dressed in a pink t-shirt, pink tutu and pink leg-warmers. 2 laps of ... oh hold on, this is another off-road one, isn't it? And yikes, that hill's a bit big isn't it? And the heat! Indian summer as its fiercest. Ok, 2½ hours in and I set off on lap two, determined to relax and enjoy it, and who cares how long it takes. Sure enough the second half took me a smidgen over 3 hours (again the Garmin died at 5 hours, I think it dislikes wooded areas with poor GPS signal). As Iheartmedals said - the feed stations were second to none. And I passed 15 of them, with a drink of wine at each one image Hic!

This weekend sees me squeeze in my missing marathon - to bring me up-to-date.

Summary:
    Jan (Glos), Mar (Duchy), May (Brathay), Jun (Kent RR), Jun (Wales), Jul (Over the Edge), Aug (Thames Meander), Sep (Bacchus)

Sep (New Forest), Oct (Abingdon), Nov (Staffs Enigma), Dec (Portsmouth).

I look forward to seeing some of you at the last few - especially number 12 in Pompey - we must do a full 12in12 group picture!

Oh - and I'm off to Chester too in October to cheer on there, and I'll be running the Oxford Half on 14th (as a warm-up for Abingdon).

• Options

is anyone off here doing the New Forest ( I know mabof is and possom hopper is ) I'm doing the half, i'm really looking forward to it

yes a group picture sounds good for pompey, i've just got to work out my accommodation as i have my kids with me for that one

• Options

12 seems a long way off, for me, injured since June but hjust about to get back into the swing, hopefully Loch Ness or Chester (both at a push) I was on 7 in June for 2012, so I need 5 more. Probably looking for top up runs in November and December to get there

• Options

Have you looked at the Enigma runs, EG?
    Some low key races left in Oct/Nov/Dec - like this one:
    http://www.enigmarunning.co.uk/events/2012_dirty_dozen_marathon.shtml

• Options
    Thanks Ulen I might be needing some extras, will look at them, if I can manage either Chester or Loch Ness I'm sure I'll get back on track. Can't wait to get going again really, there's always the Liverbird double at new year if I need a last one
  • Options

...or do both and clock up your 12th on New Year's Day? It's still well within 12 months of Gloucester!

• Options

come and do the staffs one with us EG on thursday FoxyDave has one place left for it, would be good to see you there, canal run 4 out and backs so should be fairly easy going for u especially if you're coming back from an injury

• Options

In the words of Marvin the Paranoid Android: "I ache, therefore I am".

New Forest was VERY wet today. Not much fund at all. Still, 9 out of the way, just 3 left to do now!

• Options

Hi Ulen I'm still stuck with 8 this year, I think this weeks Loch Ness has maybe come too soon for me, but Chester is a possible for number 9, although I will be taking it very slow if I do it at all, I might need to take you up on the Thursday run at Staffs if I'm going to have any chance of 12 this year.

• Options

Hi everyone, i'm up to 11 now with completing 4 in 4 days at Gt barrow challenge last week, it was a great way to clock up the numbers....not as harsh as you would imagine but glad i put in back to back days of long runs to prep the body and mind. It was mostly off road and a bit of self navigation and only managed to get lost twice - although getting lost half a mile from the finish on day 4 was not the funniest thing that could have happened! Off to Dublin next for me, then Rutland

• Options

Brilliant SueO, but aren't you sore?

EG - it would be good to see you in Loch Ness.

I'm due to finish my 12 in 12 end of October, thinking of adding Dublin it's a day after Frankfurt-No12.  Should I, my left ITB has been causing problems ??

• Options

Sue O Brilliant 4 in 4 off road, brave woman, i dont like off road at all

SSQ wow u finish ur 12 in Oct well done

EG, really think you should do the staffs one on Thursday, if u dont want to drive dowon on the morning come and stay at mine the night before i'm only half an hour away, Ulen is we could have a nice carb loading evening and some great companyimage its cheap to enter and it has a medal lol

I went to look at the course too this week and its flat flat flat, I'm going to go and run it next week or the week after, do just one out and back to see what the whole route is like but the bit I saw i walked about a mile and then went by car to see what it was like and its just the same path all the way along

• Options

Just back from Loch Ness.

Absolutely stunning, a fantastic event that everyone should do.

No 18 for the year (7 jogging and 11 walking), with another 12 to go.

• Options

Another 12 to go??? are u doing a marathon a week now?

what marathon is next 

and after reading everyones reports about Lochness i really fancydoing that

• Options

Well Loch Ness was OK, after plenty of rest number 9 is in the bag now for Chester, then on to Liverpool hopefully for Number 11

• Options
    Isee)

Another 12 to go??? are u doing a marathon a week now?

what marathon is next 

and after reading everyones reports about Lochness i really fancydoing that

Where Raven's Dare in South Wales.

This time as a walker so I can enjoy the scenery.

And there is a mid week Marathon, and then a double in December.

• Options

Enigma marathons left in 2012 (as at 27 Sept):

6th Oct Reverse - 3 spaces
    31st Oct / Nov 1st - Staffordshire - FULL
    10th Nov - Fox @ 40 Marathon - FULL
    10th Nov - Fox @ 40 Ultra - 2 spaces
    11th Nov - Fox @ 40 / Godfather 500 - FULL
    12/12/12 - Dirty Dozen - 6 Spaces
    15th/16th Dec - Christmas - FULL

Other marathons (as at 20th sept):

1st December 2012 - Saxon Shore Marathon
    8th December 2012 - Broadmeadow Xmas Marathon Double - 75% FULL
    9th December 2012 - Broadmeadow Xmas Marathon Double - 75% FULL

31st December 2012 - Liverbird Marathon Double - AVAILABLE
    1st January 2013 - Liverbird Marathon Double - AVAILABLE

I'm very tempted to to the NY eve one....!!

• Options

Only 1 space left on the Fox @ 40 Ultra as I have the other 1, will be no 13 this year if Abingdon goes to plan in 2 weeks.

• Options

Ulen - I did new year last year it was a good run 4 laps out and back along Liverpool sea Front. Think I'll probably do it again might need it to complete my 12

• Options

Won't be doing Athens in Nov, thinking of doing Rutland marathon, but Best Western hotel is full, Where are the rest of you staying who are dong this one?

Congrats to all those who did Chester, and HMumUK who ran did a Pb.

• Options

Hi there

I'm booking the local travelhovel, for £30 everywhere else seems to be full

• Options

don't need to book anything for this one SSQ as i only live about 25 miles away image

see you at the start........

• Options

Travelhovel it is.

I'm all booked up for Rutland, which will mean me running 3 marathons in 3 weeks, starting in 2 weeks time. 10 down 4 to go. so 14 in 2012.

IT band injury/strain seems to be ok for now , As long as I keep up the execrises and massages.

• Options
    Rivington last weekend was my tenth. Snowdon and grizedale forest will get me to 12.

Awesome achievements being posted on here guys, does anyone have any challenges set for 2013? 12 again? 13? More? Or something different?
  • Options

Mmmmm after this year what about 13 x 10k runs

• Options

was thinking of an Ultra - probably no more than a 50 miler though image