Inskip Derby Arms Half Marathon

Comments

• Alan,

Would a UK:A license not have provided insurance and saved you the bother of obtaining your own? I trust your certificate of insurance will be on prominent display on the day.

Stephen,

Thank you very much for your intervention. Perhaps you could answer the following questions.

What was the UK:A license number for your Boxing Day 10k in Leyland?

Did you use the same course previously used by Red Rose Runners or a different one?

If it was different who measured it and when?

Finally, why can’t you spell memento?

• Hi Soup

I see you have not lost any of your charm!

Please come along to a race and say hello!

Would be nice to see an old friend

Momento (because you notice!)
  • If you have been to any of my events then you will have seen them taped on the entries desk along with the measurment certificate.Next year I will be obtaining either uka or arc liecences for all races as I wish for them to be used for the Power of ten formula as many athletes like yourself and many others see how you are performing in the uk but at the moment for the half marathon it is cheaper to use our own public liability insurance hope to see you in a few weeks if you have a number all the best Alan T.image
  • Stephen - slightly off topic but I did Leyland Boxing Day race this time and have to say what a cracking route it is. My nephew and his Dad came to watch and stood near the mini golf course. They said it was a great race to watch as there was pretty much always someone passing that point. Not sure if Brian did measure it but when I ran with him for a bit at Preston 10 he did say he would be doing so, but would be watching the mighty whites on the day.

I am a mid-pack runner who races mainly races in Preston, Lancaster and Blackpool, and I for one am grateful for the organisation that go in by you and others.

• Here, here maxpower and Egyptian Toe. Well done also to Alan as has worked tiresly to ensure the race is full and to give everyone a positive response (I'm sure hat as he's typing a few curses were coming out thoughimage)

I'm looking forward to this event, personally it is just a shame that the missus and Ihaven't done the training we wanted to through one thing or another. With a time wer'e aiming for of eventually we should enjoy it!

• I Love running as it is like a drug and as many people know I was not a light person when I started and I ran with the older crew at wesham when I first started and got lots of friendly encouragment from them for many years and I always try and pass that on to people that are not to sure about there ability. As a runner I want to put on a good events for all not just runners but for all involved as without the back room people you would have no races, but please give all the coments you like good or bad as without comments we dont know how to make it better all the best Alan Timageimageimage
  • Alan Taylor 7 perhaps it would be an idea to restict your appeal for feedback to people who actually run your races.
  • Good idea Muggle are you in the half marathon or just a spectator who would like a job on race day there are plenty so come along Ha Ha image.
  • No I am in White Rose country that date but will be across for the Blackpool half my fav lancs race later.
  • Alan tried the link on here to this race online entry but you will be glad to know it came back page not found

KOB

• Have had 40 emails asking for numbers and I dont like to say no but as the venue is not massive it would be unfair on runners and staff to cram even more in but if we have a success this year we will move the venue upto where the car park is and have a big marque and up the entry to 500 and make an event of it not just a run see you all there in under 2 weeksimage.

• Stephen Ashcroft wrote (see)
    Hi Soup I see you have not lost any of your charm! Please come along to a race and say hello! Would be nice to see an old friend Momento (because you notice!)

Stephen

Highly amusing as usual but you have failed to answer my questions. Your entry form for the Boxing Day 10k in Leyland claimed that there would be a UK Athletics license. Was there one or wasn’t there one? If there was one, what was the number?

Did you use Red Rose Runners’ course – the one they paid Brian Porter to measure in February 2011 – or one of your own? If it was your own, then who measured it and when?

Come on, Stephen, I’ve taught you how to spell memento. The least you can do is answer my questions!

• The expression, `chip on shoulder` springs to mind.
  • Please can you take this onto the boxing day 10k thread as I have answered the questions about the half marathon Take care Alan T.
  • Big Bertie wrote (see

Thanks Alan. Do you have a measurement certificate?

Although i have measured this course, it does not have a mesaurement certificate because the event is not under the auspices of either UKA or ARC.
    The course is accurate (assuming the organisers lay it out according to my measurement report) but not certified.
  •  Soup, welcome back.

The suggestion has been made that you are I are one and the same person. Of course I can neither confirm nor deny this, and you are presumably in a similar position.

I will have a look on the Boxing Day thread to see if your questions have been answered (but if we are one and the same person I already know)

NoSoup4U wrote (see)
    Stephen Ashcroft wrote (see)
    Hi Soup I see you have not lost any of your charm! Please come along to a race and say hello! Would be nice to see an old friend Momento (because you notice!)

Stephen

Highly amusing as usual but you have failed to answer my questions. Your entry form for the Boxing Day 10k in Leyland claimed that there would be a UK Athletics license. Was there one or wasn’t there one? If there was one, what was the number?

Did you use Red Rose Runners’ course – the one they paid Brian Porter to measure in February 2011 – or one of your own? If it was your own, then who measured it and when?

Come on, Stephen, I’ve taught you how to spell memento. The least you can do is answer my questions!

• Steve:

Soup is correct about memento

Memento is something to remember and event.

Momento is a short period in time

• NoSoup4U wrote (see)
    Stephen Ashcroft wrote (see)

Stephen

I couldn't find a Boxing Day 10K thread (but then maybe I already knew that!) 

Boxing Day 10K did have a UKA license I believe.

As I understand it, it was a different course to the Red Rose 10K.

It didn't have a measurement certificate that I aam aware of.

• Brian,

You might be right about the Boxing Day 10k in Leyland having a UK Athletics license. One thing that casts it into doubt is that Power of 10 have not listed the athletes' performances. That is usually an indication that there was no license.

All I am asking is that Stephen, as the organiser, lets us know the license number if  there was one. I am not aware that he has bothered with them for his other events. 

It is interesting that he used a Fylde Coast Running template for his entry form and included their "UK:A Affiliation Number" (whatever that means) on his form.

• NoSoup4U wrote (see)

It is interesting that he used a Fylde Coast Running template for his entry form and included their "UK:A Affiliation Number" (whatever that means) on his form.

If that`s `interesting`, I`m sure Christmas and New Year has been a reet barrel of laughs in the Soup household.
  • As regular observers will have noted, Soup and i have had many a spat on these threads.

Soup will even be able to provide dates times and places. I can't.

I don't go into the same detail as Soup either.

But I will say this: he/she (or if the rumour is true, I ) has been instrumental in raising the standard of organisation of a number of races in Lancashire particularly.

That can not be a bad thing.

I am prepared to call a truce with Soup.

• Juat need to get people singing from the same song sheets and have one rule for all and put on good events for all runners and families at a reasonable price. Well anyway for all of the people that have entered the half marathon let me know if you did'nt get the final instuction and course map email me and I will attache a reply see you all in a week Alan T. 
  • Hi Alan I havent had final instruction and course map thanks juleswill1@btopenworld.com
  • I hope everyone running isnt too swift of foot!
  • alan taylor 6 wrote (see)
    Juat need to get people singing from the same song sheets and have one rule for all and put on good events for all runners and families at a reasonable price. 

The rules provided by both UKA and ARC are there to ensure good events are staged that protect both organisers and competitors.

Unfortunately there are both organisers and participants who see fit to bend, bypass or totally ignore those rules and just do their own thing.

• Who would they be as for this race the police have been notified the course has been measured the run has events insurance we have over 40 marshals 4 water stations first aid lead car back up car and plenty momentoes for all entries and the locals in the village have been notified so no rules bent here I hope. image
  • Hi there, I don't know about all the other shenanigans going on this thread but I've not received any new info on the race/route?

Cheers image
  • imageI am pleased to let you all know that after a lot of work by myself shoestring results and uka that the race is now a UKA permitted race and can be used for all kinds of championships and the power of ten see you all sunday. Number pick up is now at the parking area at HMS Inskip so to keep the the start area clear and safe for all.imageimage
  • Alan,

That’s very good news. I am pleased for all those taking part.

What is the license number for the race and your UK:A Affiliation number by the way?

What a pity we don’t know what the license number was for Shoestring Results’ Boxing Day 10k in Leyland. Or why they used Fylde Coast Running’s UK:A Affiliation number. And if the course was measured and certified? And if so when and by whom?