brecon beacons ultra

Comments

• didn't manage to meet you lirish...you must of been avoiding meimage 

as orgainsers they are lovely....they seemed to be everywhere on the course.......sorry the mist was down on Tor-y-foel and teh agp so you missed the glorious views..........

I managed to finish but it killed me........after the illness all week my body wasn't up to it and its suffering now...........first time ever I have had to come down the stairs on my backside............

but even though most of the day i was in pain.......the feeling of crossing the line made it worthwhile

• I must admit Seren after I asked the fourth female runner if they were Seren Nos and they looked at me funnily I gave up, real shame I didn't think to find out your real name beforehand I really wanted to meet you
  • I was the one in the pirate top.......yellow with a black skull and cross bonesimage

If I had mentioned that before it would have been easyimage

I did go and have a quick chat at the start with Daz

• Ah fb mentioned you but I didn't put two and two together. I saw Daz at the start, then for about another 400 metres then again at the end, changed showered and looking like he'd been back for hours. Which unfortunately he had image
  • I wasn't at my best yesterday....even Martin noticed i wasn't my usually happy noisy self..........image

I would have loved to get to the pub to meet more people but as both me and my OH were running we had to get back for the kids

• Well there's always next year?
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭

It was nice to meet you.  An awesome atmos overall wasnt it.....in contrast to the abuse we received from the course itself! image

Hope M&S throw on some more events

Endurance Coach @ DazCarterFitness.com
    Elite Ironman, Ultra Trail Runner
  • Absolutely brilliant event. Took 2hrs 10 mins of last years time. Result. Massive thanks to M, S and Team Likeys for putting on such an awesome event, and a massive thanks to FB&P and all the other marshalls.. I'll be back next year... ! J.
  • good to see everyone suffe.....enjoying themselves... image

I must have another crack at this one before I get too old (shuttup at the back please....) - won't be 2012 as I have promised myself a year off long stuff, but 2013 will be my bus pass year so why not eh??

anyone know what time the last person came in?

as for Likey's other events - well they always have the 6633 Ultra y'know image and they are supposed to be putting another foreign ultra together and I have a sneaky suspicion I might know where but I shall keep quiet about that

• Well done to all who raced this. It's one I fancy one day... maybe!

• Well done Seren and everyone else who did this. image

We popped along between 5-6pm and cheered at a few people while walking the dog along the canal. 

Seren sorry we missed you finish but we had to be back home by a certain time for other stuff but it's the thought that counts. image x

• I did look out for you nam..........I wasn't a pretty sight at the end............had to use my cheating sticks to manage the last 2 miles on the canal..........and i didn't say a single wordimage until we met the guy marshalling the bit to get off it
  • Thank you so much for the very kind comments. Sue and I have been away for the last week in sunny Iceland (actually it was flippin freezing and snowed every day), so its only now I am catching up with this thread.
    It is genuinely a great privielige for us to organise the event and knowing everyone had a great time is a massive cherry on the cake.
    It goes without saying that we couldnt hope to do this event without the help of an amazing crew, with hero's like FB and Pgiving up their time over a weekend to support all the runners. The comments on here, on other forums and on the Likeys Facebook page time and time again refer to these selfless, passionate people who go a long way to making Sue and my job an utmost pleasure.

As for other races....image We do of course organise a little 120 or 350 mile wobble in the Canadian Arctic (not for profit just for passion) although we are having a year off in 2012, but we already have enough entry deposits for 2013 to say with little doubt that this will be the next edition.

We also have another foreign race in the making for the end of August 2012, website and details should be forthcoming very shortly. What I can say is that it will be a 7 day stage race over approx 150 miles in what I think (I am biased) is an amazing out of this world environment that has variety and surprises every day.... image

As for further UK races...... Likeys isn't mean't to be primarily race organisers, we organise the few little wobbles we do for the fun of it. However, if there was demand for us to do another little jaunt (say in the Summer) it wouldn't take much to persuade us....... Just let us come down to earth after last weekend and our week away and we will canvass some further thoughts. However, there does seem to be a lot of new races popping up every week..... image

Anyway, I digress. When I started this response, all I really wanted to say was THANK YOU....image

Cheers LFW

• And thanks to LFW for all the effort you put in. Now would your little holiday be anything to do with the new race you're planning I wonder?  image
  • Would also like to say a huge thanks to Martin and sue for organising a truly superb ultra, this was my first ultra and the support from the marshals and fellow runners was outstanding, will definately be back for next years race , im hooked!!image but Tor y foel the second time around was not funny!!! imageimage Hahahaha!!!!!!!

Diolch yn fawr,

Geraint.

• I may enter this one next year.   I take it is a difficult one.
  • Entry opens at midnight tonight, bear in mind it sold out in 48 hours last year and there's already huge interest again for this year.
    I'm undecided about doing it again, really enjoyed the social side last year, met some great people and had a good night afterwards, Sue and Martin were everything people said they were but the route just bored the arse off me.
    I wonder if I could go just for the quiz?
  • I know what you mean . The Tow Path was a real drag especially the second time around.
  • A long shot I know but.....I'm looking for an entry spot for this event (2012) if anyone knows of someone who can no longer attend I would appreciate the place.

• I have two places available if anyone wants them
  • I've a place as well if any one wants it.

• Hi I would be very grateful for a place. I have run the event for the last two years but unfortunatly missed a place this year. If anyone has a place still left please can they email on garnerpdg@hotmail.com. Many thanks
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭

anyone racing who's not in a team, but happy to join an elagen team?  We may be 1-2 runners short from dropouts.

• running up there today and parts of the tracks are closed opff for forestry work,,with diversions........wonder if the route will be chamged or just run through it as it will be weekend

• DazDaz ✭✭✭

Might be worth mentioning to Martiin and Sue.  Although I'm sure they'll be doing a check of the course at some point.

• I'm looking forward to this. Met office currently say light rain followed by sleet and snow for Pen y Fan...

• ... now saying sleet in the morning and sunny intervals later...

• Daz.they must know because their is a problem up there and lots of areas are closed off...........

I am hoping to get up there to support at some time saturday..

good luck all..

you don't climb ap penylan so should be safe from the snow