Halstead & Essex Marathon

1234568»

Comments

• Thanks Lemmy, I don't mind something a bit more challenging than just flat, but "the picnic" looks a little challenging for my first.. Regrettably I cannot make the Kent Road runner either...

So... can't make Gravesend 04062012 or the South Downs 09062012 (unavailable for both) , Tenby 10062012 is too far.. Bury St Edmunds 16062012 would have been ok, but not 4 marathons back to back.. Same with Colworth 22062012 which is three back to back.. So unless something is not online, I am left with 08072012 Chichester or Margate on 02092012.. Didn't really want to wait long, or do 200+ miles to get somewhere.. (such as Lancaster, Anglesey, Devon etc.)

Thanks for coming back with ideas image

• Ash Carden wrote (see)

Thanks Lemmy, I don't mind something a bit more challenging than just flat, but "the picnic" looks a little challenging for my first.. Regrettably I cannot make the Kent Road runner either...

So... can't make Gravesend 04062012 or the South Downs 09062012 (unavailable for both) , Tenby 10062012 is too far.. Bury St Edmunds 16062012 would have been ok, but not 4 marathons back to back.. Same with Colworth 22062012 which is three back to back.. So unless something is not online, I am left with 08072012 Chichester or Margate on 02092012.. Didn't really want to wait long, or do 200+ miles to get somewhere.. (such as Lancaster, Anglesey, Devon etc.)

Thanks for coming back with ideas image

Did you read any of the blurb associated with these events above?

If Bury St Edmonds on the 16th is the Great Barrow Challenge then it is only a 2 day event and you can enter either or both days. However, it will be multi-terrain and some degree of self-navigate with a map and instructions provided. The 4 day back to back is in September.

Colworth is running a total of marathon distance over 3 days. 5 miles on the Friday evening, 8.1 miles on Saturday am and then 13.1 miles on the Sunday. Total distance over 3 days = 26.2 miles.

• Ok, thanks, it is possible I missed some information. I will take a greater look on the Bury item and see if it fits. I don't mind a bit of rough terrain, but the thought of navigating with a tired mind and body scares me a bit. image  

• Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

Check cheap flights from Stansted - you never know...

• Ash,

I did the Barrow Spring Challenge and the navigation was really negligible.  Maps were provided as a back-up, but the course was very well marked, so don't let that put you off.   I am doing Saturday - would do Sunday, but am off on hols then.

• May do both days of the Barrow Summer Challenge. Don't know yet. Still got some minor calf issues that I hope will be better by then.

• My first marathon, and thoroughly 'enjoyed' it.  The support was great, everyone was so friendly and helpful - even though I wasn't presented with my age group prize at least I got it to bring back to Bristol.  Thanks everyone.

• well done teresa, enjoyed meeting you and your husband in drapers hotel. i 'enjoyed' it too!! just scraping in my target time so very pleased. you should be very happy. lin says hi as well!

• Hi Adrian, Really glad you made it - we did wonder how you got on!  Any more marathons in mind or is it "never again" ?