Noise Cancelling Headphones

First up, I know you get what you pay for. However, the OH is lusting after a pair of noise reducing headphones having tried the BOSE model at the airport and loved them. We don't fly that often so they are very much a want rather than a need.

They're on his Christmas list, and he's come up with a couple of suggestions around £50 (Lindy and Sony). However, he rarely asks for anything and the reviews are mixed. I just wondered if anyone has a pair and what you would recommend?

They're not for running, just for around the house, travelling etc, and he fancies the over-ear model, ideally foldable (if that's a proper word - can't think what it should be instead). Any thoughts, recommendations, experiences or general ramblings gratefully received!

Comments

• Bose. That is all.
  • Thanks Intermanaut - I asked friends the same question on facebook, and my girlie geek friend gave the same response! Maybe have to start saving my pennies!
  • I agree re  over ear ones rather than on ear. The on ear ones start to hurt after a few hours. At least they do me. Bose for me as well. They don't fold though
  • I (yesterday) bought my son the Bose over ear ones (the ones he wanted) - at a knee weakening £149!! But apparently they are brilliant.
  • got Sony ones which are Ace (in trains and planes) and half the price of Bose.
  • Check out the Gadget Show site - they tested a few pairs head to head.

And I cant remember who won......

Sorry.
  • @gingerfurball - my Bose QuietComfort 15 'phones were £229 duty-free, or £280 list price. They're worth every penny - absolutely no external noise on aeroplanes. Marvellous.
  • Bose QC2 fits completely over the ear, nuff said image
  • Think Bose are going to win having done some more research - thanks for the info. He is a good husband (most of the time) and deserves a treat. image