Options

Dronfield 10K

on run britain! Pretty run-of-the-mill in lots of ways but I always enjoy the atmosphere so I`ve entered early!

Anyone else going to do it?

Comments

• Options
    Yup - me and a couple of my running mates from work are doing it.  Quite possibly my first race after a year of injuries in 2011 so well excited !!
  • Options
    Yep me, this will be my first ever race (started running 3 months ago), has I live locally, I thought it would be ideal. and really looking forward to it!
  • Options

Brilliant Wolfy!

It was my first ever race in 2009 and I`ve not looked back since. I did 18 races last year. Pop onto the Sheff Social thread in Clubhouse if you need any help or for a chinwag! image

• Options

Hi image

This race seems to be described as undulating. Exactly how undulating is it? I mean, there's undulating and there's undulating......image

• Options
    Saffy Sweety Pea wrote (see)

Hi image

This race seems to be described as undulating. Exactly how undulating is it? I mean, there's undulating and there's undulating......image

Well there`s an uphill start that you won`t notice too much, maybe for a k, then a long, fast down. After this though there`s a long drag up which must be the best part of 2k. You repeat the down and the long drag up on the second lap. It`s not steep but it goes on a bit so it can be tough. My advice is to go steady on first lap and then you can pace yourself on the second as you`ll know how hard to push on the hill. image
  • Options

Good stuff! Nearly full again!

• Options
    How did it go for you all? I absolutely loved it! Thought the crowd support was brilliant, the results are on the website, and I did it in 54 mins, which for my first ever race I was happy with. And I can't wait to sign up for my next race! Will definitely sign up for this again next year, ps. The 'hill' got me second time round!
  • Options
    Cracking day, eh! I did it as a tempo run for future races (busy month!) and it went well for me. Great support and organisation. Good luck for future races MW!
  • Options

I did this too and thoroughly enjoyed it. Second time I've done this one, last year did it as my first ever 10K. Have done a few more and a half marathon since then!

A great day today indeed, fab weather, great crowds and wonderful atmosphere. My 9 yr old entered the fun run too - her first ever run and she loved it too. She was so excited!

Will be back for this one next year...now off to plan out my next few races!image

• Options
    3rd year on the trot for me and I love it ! Live local so was my first event ever in 2010. I have gone on to do a few more and a few half marathons, think mr toe got it right bout the hills. Steady as ya go, keep on running