Helensborough Half Marathon

Any of my forum buddies planning to do this run ????????

Comments

• Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    Yeah. See you Sunday - I'm driving up from Kent for this one. I think I'm number 579 but I'll be wearing my URWFRC vest anyway. Could be up for a beer afterwards.
  • Hi Scotty,

I,m flying up on Friday from B'ham, not got my number yet only applied on Friday, it should be in the post but I may need to collect it on the day.

I,ll be in the old URWFRC vest aswell, and definatly up for a Beer.

Where is the starting point ? should the instructions not arrive.
  • Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    Not got the details with me, but the Start/Finish is by the swimming pool on the seafront and the race HQ (probably well sign posted) is nearby (I think) between the pool and the railway station.

Eeyin, boy wonder and Gaz are listed elsewhere as being up for this. Can't imagine that anyone would have a problem entering on the day (for Gaz's benefit).
  • I'll be doing this one on Sunday as Helensburgh's my club.

See you there......guess I'd better get my entry in !
  • Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    Is that the same Ellie that whizzed past me at mile 21 of the Loch Ness marathon last year ?
  • Hi Scotty,

Yip the same one. Are you doing Loch Ness again. I've not managed to beat my time at Loch Ness (3:48) since.
  • Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    Hiya Ellie.

No, sadly not. Really envious of those that are but I still dip into the Loch Ness thread occasionally to see what's going on. I'm doing Thanet next month and Amsterdam in October. My second marathon was Shakespeare in April and I managed 3:52 (3 minutes slower than Loch Ness). Should manage Helensburgh in 1:41ish.

Speak to you soon.
  • Scotty,

Sound like your working hard, good luck for Thanet and Amsterdam. Maybe see you in Helensburgh on Sunday.