Options

A Personal December Challenge

Comments

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Walk yesterday and 2 walks and Body Pump today and healthy eating both days with the only choc being out of my advent calendar ... so far so good image

• Options

This sounds good.

Targets -

(1) do my fiirst park run. This has been a target for a three years and not yet happened! maybe this will make me.

(2) 73 miles for December. This would get me 850 for the year. Orignial target was 2011 km for the year, or 1247 miles so I'm a fair way off target. 

• Options

Day 3 progress report:

Goals:

1) 100 miles running - building fitness for 1/2 mara in Feb

2) do enough hill training to run (and enjoy?) the Knacker Cracker on New Year's Day....

3) have another month alcohol free ( done it in Nov, but December will be tougher)

4) get my weight down to 11st 9 (started at 14st, now 12st 3)

Progress:

1) With long run today, will be at 13.5

2) too early to tell.

3) still alcohol freeimage

4) Weight this morning 12st 1.5 lbs

Happy runnings!....

• Options
    did 10.5 miles today which makes it 15 miles so far - 85 to go
  • Options

Day three update on daily training 3/3 image 

Cycled to and from work yesterday and tody, may also squeeze in a swim at lunch time image

• Options

Mind if I join in.

I'm aiming to do 70 miles this month. It's the first time I've ever attempted to track my mileage or set myself a target but I've set up a spreadsheet and highlighted the days that I know I can run on so it should be achievable. I would also like to get my weight to stay below 14st, started at 17st 1 3/4lbs in June, currently at 14st 2 3/4lbs.

I started yesterday with 5k (3.12m) on the treadmill so 67 miles to go! I'll only weigh myself once a week on a Friday so my starting weight for the challenge is above.

• Options
    Great thread, thanks for putting it up. I shall hop merrily on board...

1) Engage properly with some core work three times a week.
    2) Complete all my work...!
    3) 50 miles in the month, my most ever.

Good luck all!
  • Options

Good morning all, out early this morning as Mrs has chiropractor at 10. 12.36 miles run bringing my total so far to 15.48, just 54.52 to go!

Got back from my run to find that the chiropractor had cancelled and I could have stayed in bed for another hour. Grrrr.

• Options

Nice positive thread to end the year!

So, NOT sliding of my motorbike in the wet would be a good start....very bruised knees etc etc stopped me running for a few days!

So, goals:

1) pilates at least once a week;

2) Keep using foam roller and stretching to avoid injuries at least twice a day;

3) mileage around 20 miiles per week

4) Find a nice marathon to run next Sep/Oct time to celebrate my 50th next year!

Good Luck eveyoneimage

• Options

Another 30 mins done today, physio tomorrow, so hopefully she'll be happyimage.

• Options

Afternoon image

Day 4 - 7/50 miles completed

• Options
    Hello all,

Kettlebells again today, the 50 minute programme again today. I woke up too late to get my LSR in so I've moved it to tomorrow, when I'll wake up when MrAN does, have brekkie and be ready to run at 9.
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Walk yesterda, and walk to and fro the gym and body pump today and food all under control image

Well done on progress everyone image
  • Options

Day 2 - Physio exercises and a walk

Day 3 -  Physio exercises and a walk

Day 4 - Physio exercises

• Options
    Day 4 - 5 mile x-country race (and I did go swimming yesterday, too image )

So still on track: 4/4
  • Options
    Aim for me is to start the core strength off again. I think, having raced today in the wind, that I definitely suffered by not having it. It just feels pointless when you're doing it!

Found some new core strength exercises to do, has anyone got any routines that they follow and are proven to give results? image
  • Options
    RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭

3/12 15.5 + 10.5 = 26
    4/12 26 + 14.5 = 40.5  209.5 to go

Very good progress by everyone!  Well, we are four days in... image ...and I've already managed a long run with a hangover!!  image

December not good...

• Options

4 days in, 2 runs scheduled, 2 runs completed. image

Tuesday will be the first challenge, it's book club, so I miss running club night. will have to squeeze a run in between getting home & going out again. hmmm.

• Options
    Another 4 miles for me today, so 17.5 done, 82.5 to go...
  • Options
    Coming late to the thread.. room for me to squeeze in?
    Always nice to have a target to focus on.

1) after losing loads of weight the last 12 months, enjoy myself at christmas a bit but keep weight under 12 stone
    2) 80 miles running to end the year on 1201 miles, Dec 1st was on 1121
    (never done more than 500 miles and that's a guess since never logged it till this year)
    3) see physio, plus foam roll when needed & stay injury free!
    4) do one (or two) long runs to maintain fitness
    5) be ready for half marathon on jan 2nd
    6) keeping dong core & circuit classes

So far...

1) Comfortably under 12 stone at moment
    2) 18 miles run in December, (though 27 this week) , 8 miles fri, 10 miles today with a circuit class sandwiched in middle
    6) core class & circuit done

• Options
    Hello frc fancy meeting you here!
    Well I am a pound down already, yay, and not yet sick or injured. Happy days indeed. Back to the internet shopping. Core work? What's that?
  • Options

Another weekly weigh-in this morning, another two pounds lighter.  11st 6lbs, within 1lb of my lowest ever racing weight.

...then I ate my own bodyweight in roast beef and all the trimmings.  My metabolism will sort that out.  image

• Options

late to the thread but will join in as I need the extra motivation:

goals are as follows:

1. Run 100 miles in December.

2. Loose 5lbs in december currently weight 14st 10lbs

3. I am running my first every 5k, hope to do this in sub 25 mins

4. run christmas morning.... have a challenging hill run organised.

5. No drinling alcohol except Fri-Sun.

• Options

Well, the CBA kicked in early this year. Took what was probably a much needed lie-in on Friday. Saturday was meant to be a longish run whenever I woke up - I've now learned that this just mean I'll lie, get comfortable and refuse to go out. I need to set the alarm and just go. I've also eaten whatever I fancied. But back on the wagon today - this is still achievable if I press on.

Day 5
    Running
    Goal: 66.81 miles (to get me to 500 for the year - it was a slow start!)
    Achieved today: 4.5 miles
    Achieved total: 9 miles
    Remaining: 57.81miles

Weight
    Goal: 11st 10lbs (to get to BMI under 25)
    Current: 12st 2lbs
    Lost today: -
    Lost total: -
    Remaining: 6lbs

• Options

First sign of sleet and ice and I've defaulted to using the car image 

I must make up for it tonight - maybe a spin class or swimming...

• Options
    It just wasn't happening for me today. Legs seemed heavy and stiff, took ages to warm up, had to stop and stretch my calves twice and then my ITB started giving me jip and I had to give up at 5-ish miles.

5+8 = 13 / 53 to go.
  • Options
    braved the ice today for 5 mile, so that is 20 down, 80 to go
  • Options
    Great stuff math chick

Jelley baby , easy to get from Jersey to Liverpool on easy jet
    Marathon is Oct 14th
  • Options

image from physio, now got go ahead for 3 x 30mins per week, which might creep up - sensibly of course. . .image

• Options
    RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭
    5/12 40.5 + 6 = 46.5  203.5 to go