A Personal December Challenge

Comments

• imageWeight not so good today, going in the wrong direction.

But addressed.  I hope.

Plank etc done, managed to increase the plank a bit too.

Legs etc all seem to have responded well to this weeks bimbles, so plan is to increase over December, join January challenge if it's on this year, with an eye on the North Dorset mara next year.  However, given my run of bad luck / jinxing events, I have no intention of entering until the very last moment!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

4 more miles off so I now have 60.75 miles to go

well done all!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Frist time I've seen these threads so bit late with my target which is.. 

Beat last Decembers total of 67.3 miles.

Bit behind at the moment with only 16.2! So far this year I've managed to beat my corresponding 2010 month every time so I need this one for 12 out of 12. Most months it's been an easy target but the end of last year is when I started training a lot more! Total yearly mileage will be 850 if I beat the 67.3 this month - 3 times last years total!

• I am going to write my self a training plan for next week and see if I can stick to it.

• I started the strength training that the phgysio gave me, by using pathetic 1kg weights at the gym.  Then followed it up with a 5 min swim, gentle breaststroke only, but at least I am back swimming again!

I also went for a walk.

• Day 9 - 14 / 50 miles

1lb / 3 lbs

• Evening all

3.12 miles today, bringing my total for the month to 21.72, 49.28 to go

On the weight front 4 1/8lbs lost this week, down to 13st 12 3/4lbs, just want to make sure I stay below 14st.

• Other things keep getting in the way of running....image

8.4 + 5.35 = 13.75

Only another 86.25 to go!image

Keep at it everyone!

• Actually managed to get out for a longish run this afternoon

7.03 miles so total this monthn is 28.75, 41.25 to go 

• fit-running-cat wrote (see)
    ...Run leaves me with 58 miles to go for 1200 in 2011.

hmmm that was Wednesday... have banked some gooood miles since then.

11.75 miles Thursday night, into that lovely wind for a good 4-5 miles... tough.

~16 miles yesterday (Saturday)... that means I believe 32-33 more to hit 1200 miles for the year 2011. image

Way more than I've ever managed in a year.. more than double? There are still 21 days to go too....

Actually just checked.. last post was Tuesday not Wednesday and did 6.5 miles then as well as pump fx class... So that makes it 1177 miles for the year.. ~24 to go.

Woo hoo!
  • BB ✭✭✭
    My weight is goingin the wrong direction, not sure if it's because I'm putting on muscle cos of the core and weights I'm doing,or because I'm not running - probably a combination. But I have walked every day and done Body pump Thursday, core Friday and got Body Pump this morning.
  • Morning all

1/3 of the way through the month, and so far so good....image

YoungPup wrote (see)
     My goals for December are:

1) 100 miles running - building fitness for 1/2 mara in Feb

2) do enough hill training to run (and enjoy?) the Knacker Cracker on New Year's Day....

3) have another month alcohol free ( done it in Nov, but December will be tougher)

4) get my weight down to 11st 9 (started at 14st, now 12st 3)

With my run today, I'll have covered 40miles, have done a couple of hilly runs, am still completely off the booze, and I weighed 11st 12lb this morning.

Now time to go get muddy on a 9-10 mile run with the dog through the woods, and then come back for yummy roast beef...

YP

• Yesterday I managed two sea swims, of 12.5 min and 13.5 min each.  Boring breastroke only again *sigh*
  • I injured my foot on my last run, so it's going to be a few days, I think, 'til I can run again image

• Good work folks image

30 mins again this am, plan is to increase to 40 mins tomorrow - might be a bit image but hopefully, if at low HR, might get away with itimage.

No change weight-wise, so that needs taking in hand.image

• Not so good for me this week. 4 runs scheduled, 3 completed. That's the one miss I allowed myself this month taken. Zero tolerance from here on in. 

3 Christmas parties scheduled so far. 3 attended, in different heels each time.

I've decided to give myself December off the healthy eating thing, too difficult to avoid really. The diet starts again in January!

• half marathon done today, so that brings the month's total to 43 so far, 57 to go.

Well done everyone on all the progress

• Weekly weigh-in:  11st 4 = 4lbs weight loss for the month already.  This takes me to my lightest weight since I was a teenager.  Given that my target for the month was 11st 5, this leaves me with the sharp end of the party season to avoid putting one pound back on.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• BB ✭✭✭
    Impressive weightloss YoungPup and PhilPub and some great progress from everyone image
  • RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭

No progress at all to report.  Heavy cold all weekend and still pumping out more luminous green stuff than seems possible.  So stuck on 63 so far and the target is accelerating away into the distance.

Well done to all the weightlosers!  Might try that next month, it seems to work.

• Day 12 update: 10/12

But this week is going to get difficult with two 12-14 hour days to get through, where driving rather than cycling is a blessed relief. Must think of a way around it...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I am now up to 51.75 miles to go and looking at the dates I am thinking oo er!!
  • Hi challengers

End of day 14, and I'm now upto 47 miles for the month (53 to go), still haven't touched a drop of alcohol, and on Sunday will do a run through of the Knacker Cracker so will get a good sense of whether the hilly runs are paying offimage

How's everyone else doing?

• Day 14 update: so I failed miserably to do anything yesterday, but that guilted me into cycling today, despite the 14 hour day.

11/14
  • Managed another 4+ miles Wednesday, plus a 1hr weights pump fx class after...
    I've done this religiously most weeks since Nov 2010... Has paid off - lunges, squats, crunches, dead lifts, rows, bicep tricep curls.... All done by the thousands.

Running wise... 61 miles now for the month, will manage my original target of 80 easily which will take me past 1200 miles for the year... Out tomorrow for 10+ so may even do this by Saturday.

Adding an extra goal, try hit 1250 for the year 2011.

Who is joining me running Christmas Day ? image
  • Festive-wRapping-Cat wrote (see)

Who is joining me running Christmas Day ? image

Me, although in spirit rather than in person.image Plan is to get bird in the oven around 8ish then leave mother (complete with cup of tea, "Are you sure that this is wise at your age dear?") and offspring (imagezzzzzzzzzzzzzz) and hit the roads for the last bit of P+Q and time to myself.

image Frodo - not long till the holidaysimage

Good going folks.

R*nning going OK, weights up to 2 x reps.  Plank wavers a bit from day to day, but generally improving.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

fwc, I will!!

Up to 43 miles for the month, on target I hope now, 37 left to go..

well done everyone!

• 6 miles just done, that's 27 for the month, with 43 left to go. Hmmmmmm.
  • 4.5 miles this morning, now my foot seems to have recovered.......which makes 22 so far this month & 28 left to go, so should do it.

Sill only 1lb lost out of target of 3, but better than 1ib on! image

Keep going...everyone's doing really well image