DIY Half IM

Comments

• Is this going to be a drafting 'event'? What time were you thinking of starting?

Can somebody please include me on the list next time they update image 

• Interested
    bburn plodder
    Bobby Nobby
    Bungleboy
    Cake
    Cona
    Darkness
    Dustboy
    Jingle Boots
    Madlot
    marshallini*
    MovingAlong
    Muffin Top
    Orange5
    Razor51 and Son-In-Law of Razor51
    Schmunkee
    Seren, Mr Seren, and Not so Jr Seren
    Slagiatt
    SlowEngineer
    Soup Dragon
    VT'd

Just realised this is the same weekend as the Slateman in Snowdonia which I had pencilled in as an event to do, now I don't now which one to go for, so if it's ok I'll leave myself on the interested list for now as it's still a fair way off.

• SA, a tee shirt would be great, and £3 sounds more than reasonable. Put me down for a medium please.
  • Bas news that my son will not be able to do this one so that will probably mean OH will have to miss as well.......just looked up the AS level exams and he has one on the Monday meaning a long weekend away would not be the best idea........

I will still be there though......

the upside is that he will not have any exams after the half term and so will be able to fully support me in the double by staying up all night to sherpa for me......

• The bacon roll won't be as good as this year tho, Seren image

• I never knew Barley had such hidden talents image
  • I will be in Majorca after the 70.3 but just wanted to add what a great idea SA, nice work matey. We did our own from Knutsford pool and the loop from there to Cat and Fiddle / Whalley Bridge was the 56 mile and then run in Tatton Park. Hopefully the weather will be good for you, would have loved to marshall/help out but will still be away.

Good luck with the training all.
  • I would have loved to have done this and very good of you tooffer to doit.But it clashes with a MTB weekend at Glentress. Which if you are into MTB will know that is the daddy of them all so got to go image

But thanks anyway and enjoy  image

• Running For Marathon

Team for Life is a unique fund raising program that gives you the chance to directly support Lazarex Cancer Foundation by participating in events and fund raising or create your own events Register now www.teamforlifelcf.org

• image As someone who presently has a terminally ill parent with Cancer please take this as sincere bugger off spam. You won't get any more people this way and will just put people off getting involved.

In lighter news me and Bookie where going through a bankrutp stock place the other day and found a WWF picture for mini SA. I got some strange look's on the bus going home. he'll love it. image 

• Interested
    Barley
    bburn plodder
    Bobby Nobby
    Bungleboy
    Cake
    Cona
    Darkness
    Dustboy
    Jingle Boots
    Madlot
    marshallini*
    MovingAlong
    Muffin Top
    Orange5
    Schmunkee
    Slagiatt
    SlowEngineer
    Soup Dragon
    VT'd

• Probably bowing out of this as I will be doing an Irish half (no irish jokesimage) the week before to save me the cost of the ferry, which can lay waste to my bank balance more than flying to USA.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and that it is as roaring a success and as great fun as I think it will be (does that make sense? image)

Interested
    Barley
    bburn plodder
    Bobby Nobby
    Bungleboy
    Cake
    Cona
    Darkness
    Dustboy
    Jingle Boots
    Madlot
    marshallini*
    MovingAlong
    Muffin Top
    Orange5
    Schmunkee
    Slagiatt
    SlowEngineer
    Soup Dragon

• Interested
    Barley
    bburn plodder
    Bobby Nobby
    Bungleboy
    Cake
    Cona
    Darkness
    Dustboy
    Jingle Boots
    Madlot
    marshallini*
    MovingAlong
    Muffin Top
    Orange5
    Razor51

Horse ( Son-In-Law of Razor51)
    Schmunkee
    Slagiatt
    SlowEngineer
    Soup Dragon

His new forum name.

• Interested
    Barley
    bburn plodder
    Bobby Nobby
    Bungleboy
    Cake
    Cona
    Darkness
    Dustboy
    Jingle Boots
    Madlot
    marshallini*
    MovingAlong
    Muffin Top
    Orange5
    Razor51
    Schmunkee
    Seren,
    Slagiatt
    SlowEngineer
    Soup Dragon

just tidying up and removing family as as level exams clash..looking forward to this get together
  • Interested
    Barley
    bburn plodder
    Bobby Nobby
    Bungleboy
    Cake
    Cona
    Darkness
    Dustboy
    Golden Boots
    Jingle Boots
    Madlot
    marshallini*
    MovingAlong
    Muffin Top
    Orange5
    Razor51
    Schmunkee
    Seren,
    Slagiatt
    SlowEngineer
    Soup Dragon
  • InterestedBarleybburn plodderBobby NobbyBungleboyCakeConaDarknessDustboyGolden BootsHorse ( Son-In-Law of Razor51)JCDiggerJingle BootsMadlotmarshallini*MovingAlongMuffin TopOrange5Razor51SchmunkeeSeren, SlagiattSlowEngineerSoup Dragon
  •  aghh, ive ruined the list, someone please help
  • Interested
    Barley
    bburn plodder
    Bobby Nobby
    Bungleboy
    Cake
    Cona
    Darkness
    Dustboy
    Golden Boots
    Jingle Boots
    Madlot
    marshallini*
    MovingAlong
    Muffin Top
    Orange5
    Razor51
    Schmunkee
    Seren,
    Slagiatt
    SlowEngineer
    Soup Dragon
    JCDiggersorted
  • Your not in alphabetical order though........image
  • Trying to get the list alphabetical is what screwed it up in the first place

• Sounds like you are as bad as me at this stuff.....image
  • Interested
    Barley
    bburn plodder
    Bobby Nobby
    Bungleboy
    Cake
    Cona
    Darkness
    Dustboy
    Golden Boots
    JCDigger
    Jingle Boots
    Madlot
    marshallini*
    MovingAlong
    Muffin Top
    Orange5
    Razor51
    Schmunkee
    Seren,
    Slagiatt
    SlowEngineer
    Soup Dragon

• Your just showing off now Schmunks...image
  • I am not called The List Fairy for nuffink, like, innit, eh image
  • OK, so here’s how it going to work

The same will apply to both Saturday and Sunday

Start with a gentle 1 mile cycle to the swimming pool from our house at approx 09:45, the pool opens at 10:00 (there are swimming lessons on a Saturday morning, so it can get busy then).

There are bike stands just by the entrance and there will be someone watching your bikes at all times, so feel free to lay out any extra kit you want there as this will save time faffing around with lockers etc.

It is a 25M pool, so you will need to do 76 lengths; it is up to yourselves to count to the correct number.

Upon exiting the pool you have approx ¾ of mile cycle to get to the start of the laps, you will then complete 11 laps of a 5 mile course; there will be 1 feed station on the course, so you pass this 11 times on the bike.

When you have finished your 11th lap, you will then have 1 mile left (mostly downhill as well) to complete the bike section.

Depending on weather as to if transition 2 will be covered or not.

On exiting T2 you will attempt to run 4 laps of a 3 ¼ mile run, there will be a feed station at the same point as the bike course which you will pass 4 times, there will also be a feed station at T2 which is also the finish, you pass this 4 times, well 3 times plus the time in T2.

For the bike course I will be able to supply water, if you bring your own bottles, which will be returned, if you need any special drinks or gels please bring these with you and mark then up so they can be handed to you on the course.

For the run I will supply water and coke any other drinks gels etc you require please bring them with you and mark them so they can be handed to you on the run.

With it starting at 10:00 I would expect everybody to have finished by 20:00 giving 10 hours to complete, we will hopefully then be able to have to some food for those wishing to. On Sunday we may well crack open a few beers as well.

I always treat it like a race, but it’s up to you, I won’t be draft anyone, but if a few want to go round together then that’s fine, they are no hard and fast rules.

I still hope to be able to give out a t-shirt for people helping / competing but will finalise this later when we have a better idea on numbers

SA

• image Dude is a cake bake a good idea for the feedstation with everyone. If it is I think someone might be interested and making a few things. Might make some myself if I'm allowed.
  • I would happily supply a couple of trays of flapjack. This could end up being more of a village fête and bake sale than a Half Ironman triathlon if you get your own way Cake! image

Are you driving from Sheffield by any chance? Would you happen to have space for a bike/boy combination if so?

• Boots not sure yet been to SA’s end on the train with a bike before and easy from Stockport. I don’t drive but other half should hopefully have a car by then. If she does and if she’s willing to drive me there would be space feller. If you fancy a daft Idea best way to get there is take the road to Buxton turn right past the opera house and go up a big scary hill gone that way a couple of times and it’s cool on a bike as long as the wind isn’t to great. Only a right nutter would do that the day before a IM through. image
  • Yeah I wouldnt fancy that. I've looked at trains from Chesterfield and they only take about 1:40 and go through Stockport, so it's not the end of the world if not. I think I will be doing the Saturday and just heading up in the morning before starting... great Grandma's 90th birthday the Sunday so won't be able to stick around for that unfortunately!!