DIY Half IM

Comments

• Little sister lives near you to mate if she pop’s on and say’s she’s up for this might be worth saying hello she’s a good lass to know anyway because she’s cool. Shouldn’t be a problem with a lift through, as long as I can get one off Sarah. I doubt she would pass up a change to see mac and its lovely folks through. Jo and Q and there little’un are brilliant folks just don’t tell them that. image
  • Sounds great SA.  I'll help on the feedstations on the day I don't "race" and happy to provide some cakes.

• Is this open to all?  Liking the idea of a relaxed affair(if you want it to be) and selling it to hubby with the possibility that he can keep me company on the bike section image
  • SA - as I said before I would like to swim on the Saturday and bike on the Sunday.

I don't think you should be out of pocket on gels, coke etc so I am happy to contribute.  Not sure I can be asred with baking and transporting a cake but happy to call on the services of Mr Kipling if needs be.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Ey up image (do I pass as an northerner?)

I'd be happy to volunteer for the feed station if any help is needed? And I suspect I'm the person Cake is referring to for making a few baked goodies. Any excuse to feed people cake (not to be confused with Cake...) image

And if there's space in the car - assuming there is a car by then - we can fill it up best we can with people/bikes etc.

• Mr plodder has volunteered to man a feed station if needed, as long as it's ok to bring along to "little helpers" . Our girls who are 7 and 11 .

And I am also happy to bake or bring something yummy.
  • SA - sounds excellent. Like Schmunkee has said I don't like the thought of you being out-of-pocket for anything, so more than delighted to contribute with something like a tray of cans of coke or anything else that might be required...

Err... I'm awful in the kitchen, but more than happy to bake something. Up to you lot whether you eat it or not! image

• sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

Ey up image (do I pass as an northerner?)

I'd be happy to volunteer for the feed station if any help is needed? And I suspect I'm the person Cake is referring to for making a few baked goodies. Any excuse to feed people cake (not to be confused with Cake...) image

And if there's space in the car - assuming there is a car by then - we can fill it up best we can with people/bikes etc.

image Might be, Also might be able to get some gel's to fall off the back of a lorry nearer the time from some very nice people. Can't say more on a open to any nutter website, but I think a very nice company I have a conection with might be willing to donate some stock depending what they have in.image Would be near or past the best before date but it's gel's and they live forever.
  • I think I read on facebook that on this week's IM talk there is advice on how to organise your own training camp/weekend.... Could be worth a listen
  • I am in for the Sunday and sorry I cant help out  the day before. Unfortunate timing of a wedding in Surrey on the Satrday.

Will try and talk OH into helping.

• Golden Boots wrote (see)
    I think I read on facebook that on this week's IM talk there is advice on how to organise your own training camp/weekend.... Could be worth a listen

It's a really cool article, done by Coach Gordo, but it's for a full-on training camp rather than this kind of beastie.

Is somebody going to take some toothpaste? Sound slike you'll all be assaulting your teeth in the Great Cheshire Gateau Challenge!

• Boing

Is this still on? i hope so as it would be really helpful to complete a HIM without to much pressure.

I would like to participate on staurday and help out sunday morning for a bit, bit i need to be back in Peterborough for 2pm on sunday

• Just booked the hotel for this! image

Unfortunately when trying to book holiday earlier my OH couldn't get the Monday off, so we might have to make a swift departure Sunday image
  • Hello fellow pirates, my name is Derek Nellany (Des), aka Razors son in law. 

Horse, as a kid my nickname was ironhorse, as I have never completed the ironman distance events I've dropped the iron until 1st July 12..

this is all Razors fault you know, 12 months ago the most running I'd ever done was running around a football pitch for ninty minutes. With a 15minute break for a cup of tea. Couldn't swim 50metres and actually had just given my push bike to Razor because he fancied doing one of these triathlon things?  

He suggested I should do one, Im gonna have to learn to swim and run further than 100metres first  image

I was running with Razor and hated it, until he told me, " dont be tight, go buy some proper running shoes" £90 you must be kidding.

That was the worst purchase ive ever made, what followed was, tri suits 2wetsuits, 2 bikes more running shoes all the kit that goes with it. A small fortune as you all know.

My debut into the tri race world was a sprint tri at St. Anne's last year, bloody hell not the best Sunday morning I've ever had I don't mind telling you. It was cold raining and the speed of the wind off that sea front made the sand feel like needles as it hit you at 45mph Got my little medal and was well chuffed, oh and met the Ironhogs.

Razor and I spent lots of time in the quays at Salford last summer, Razor swimming some good distances. I wascjust doggy paddling about. Thankfully during the winter I have actually managed to develope into swimming front crawl. Not brilliant but getting there.

Got Razor some off those prescription Goggles for crimbo, They have revolutionised his swimming. He can now swim in a straight line. He was timing himself for the 400 loop of the quays but the poor sod was swimming about 550m each time round. Zig zagging along image 

We embarked on the task of the outlaw and becoming members of your jolly pirate ship after just completing just three sprint events. To begin with my goal was just to get round under the cut off 17hrs. Since training regularly with Razor I've trimmed down from my slim 16st 4 to 14.12. Running is coming on well and I'm okay on the bike, open water season just around the corner image its the swim that still gives me sleepless nights. I'm now beginning to dream of finishing under 14hrs how realistic that would be for my first effort having to train around 24hr shift work and a toddler I don't know.

Any way we are both mad for it and will do our best on the day, looking forward to meeting other pirates and their families.

Planning to join your training day on the 19th best wishes everyone. Stay healthy Horse. X 

• image Oh horse nice one your father in law has mentioned you in passing before. I'd leg it before we all talk you into doing something stupid. image
  • That's our mane agenda...
  • Hi horse....

what a great way to bond with your father in law image

• Don't feckin blame me. image
  • I can't blame anyone else, that's another fine mess you got me into Razor.
    Cake, I think it's to late for that. Is paying hard earned cash to put yourself through these endurance events. Having to train for weeks and worrying yourself sick before hand not stupid? There has to be a good argument there.

Thanks slow engineer and seren nos, it is a great way to bond with the outlaws, we are good mates. The other half complains sometimes, says I see more of her folks than she does. Well she could always start training for a tri image
  • Interested
    bburn plodder
    Bobby Nobby
    Bungleboy
    Cake
    Cona
    Darkness
    Dustboy
    Golden Boots
    Horse ( Son-In-Law of Razor51)
    JCDigger
    Jingle Boots
    Madlot
    marshallini*
    MovingAlong
    Muffin Top
    Orange5
    Razor51
    Seren,
    Slagiatt
    SlowEngineer
    Soup Dragon

REally sorry but I have to take myself off the list as I have been put on the injury bench for 8 weeks image

• Taking myself off the list too. image  Out of Outlaw and nowhere near up to a HIM right now.

Interested
    bburn plodder
    Bobby Nobby
    Bungleboy
    Cake
    Cona
    Darkness
    Dustboy
    Golden Boots
    JCDigger
    Jingle Boots
    Madlot
    marshallini*
    MovingAlong
    Muffin Top
    Orange5
    Razor51
    Seren,
    Slagiatt
    SlowEngineer
    Soup Dragon

But I might come along for a  fun weekend and just do the bike course or something one day and help out on the other. image

• Soup sounds like a good idea
  • Mrs SA will only be doing the swim and bike and she to is injured

• Dropping like flies on here. image
  • Interested
    bburn plodder
    Bobby Nobby
    Bungleboy
    Cake
    Cona
    Darkness
    Dustboy
    Golden Boots
    JCDigger
    Jingle Boots
    Madlot
    MovingAlong
    Muffin Top
    Orange5
    Razor51
    Seren,
    Slagiatt
    SlowEngineer
    Soup Dragon

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz THUD!I

The sound of another fly dropping. I will no longer be attending.image

• A question to Silent Assassin, if the numbers are reduced, will you still host it both days?

I am still very keen btw image