Options

sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

Comments

• Options

Where is everybody?  Lie-ins?

Had another lovely evening out with all you axe-murderers.  image   We missed you AH.

Smeagol was a true gent and honoured his bet and bought a bottle of Moet.
    Lovely to see the Wab-Meister after all these years (Wabo).
    Jovi - are you off to run in Hyde Park today at 2pm to track down Mr JBJ? Your friend Sheila's story of Russell Crowe is a great one. I told John about it this morning. 
    Howard will have a couple of piccy's to post hopefully.  Thank you Howard for getting same train with me.
    Mr M - hope you weren't too much in the dog house for getting home late?
    Susan - glad you were able to come after at last hearing that Tom's op went OK and just in time for the champers!
    Fido -  hope your journey home was OK? I will think about Eindhoven.....

• Options

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/18345/Gallery/Sub_4_June_9th_2010.jpg

Back row: Smeagol, Fido, Mr M, HRR, Susan, Wabo

Sitting: Jovi & Coxy

• Options

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/18345/Gallery/Mr_M_celebrates.jpg

Cheers.... Here's to the winner of the Edinburgh Marathon Challenge!

Thanks to Smeagol for the bubbly!

• Options
    Lovely to see everyone last night particularly Wabo who I haven't seen since the very first reunion after FLM 2007.
  • Options
    UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭
    There should be a health warning to people opening that picture link
  • Options
    eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭

Looks like you had a good night, like the photo's

iam in pain at the moment after last nights 5 aside, theres only tomorrows new to running event to survive now a 5 mile run at 8 to 9 minute mile pace.

will be please when this is over.

• Options

Howard - love the photo of Mr M and the champagne image

Umbongo - pleased to see you are brightand cheerful as always

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

last night was lovely, happy to see you all and I look forward to the next meet!!

Back home and in bed my about 11.15 which was cool! I read so much of my book on those trains!

scary pic indeed umbongo, missed you!

Thats all I have to say mr m......

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

Lovely to see everyone again & meet Wabo (where does that nickname come from or is it a state secret?).

AH you will like this, I cycled from work (Abingdon) to Radley,
    train to Didcot,
    nipped down bought ticket back up to Plat 2 for fast train to Paddington,
    cycled across Hyde Park & round Buck House to Victoria
              - there are cycle route signs to get you from Pad to Hyde Park + I had printed myself out a map, but I did ask a policeman @ Buck House to check Victoria was in the direction I thought it was !

If in doubt, follow the sea of Brommies...

cycled back to Pad, very nice as there is still a little light in the sky and you could see it reflected off the Serpentine...

misled by the somewhat optimistic (by 1/4 hour) estimates of when the train would get into Oxford, decided to stay until Oxford & cycle back from there instead of changing @ Slough for the slow train to Radley - will know next time - nice ride back tho' and clearly have done more than my share of crosstraining yesterday to make up for not doing that recovery run!

• Options

Wabo - what you meant to say was how rested Mr M looked and how good it is he has done hardly anything since Edinburgh ----

• Options
    Yes Mr M I heard the conversation too!
  • Options
    But its true isnt it Howard? Im sure a few of you actually said i was under-training?!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Mr M far better coming from you I thought....

Fido, my surname is watson and my signature looks like Wabo, there, its all really disappointing now you know and I wont have to silence you...

• Options
    UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭
    When is the next get together?
  • Options
    UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭

Wabo - have we ever met ? Was it years ago at Expo? I can't remember last week let alone years agoimage

Love you too Coxy.

Right need to get out a run. Trying to double up but keep leaving my morning run until the afternoonimage well can't afford to miss Bargain Hunt or Cash in the Attic.

• Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    Ummbbongo I think July 22nd has been bandied around with the idea of Martin dining out on his Comrades stories. Hopefully he'll remember more of the latter stages than Mr M  & Smeagol did of Edo this year!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

umbongo apparently we met 2007probably expo, its ok if you dont remember neither do I , huff!

hahahaha

x

• Options
    UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭

Wabo - I do remember but it wasn't really a long meet as I recall (which I don't).

22nd July!!! Oh no thats my 21st wedding anniversary ....ooops used that excuse

• Options
    hi all. great to see everyone last night and great pics. will be brief as just about to run out of time on my wi-fi connection on thames clipper. went for run in hyde park this afternoon. only about 3.5 miles - forgot my garmin so not exactly sure. unfortunately didnt spot any sign of mr jon bon - oh well at least it got me motivated to get out for a run!
  • Options

lovely to see you all... Smeagol you are a gentleman and the champagne was just what I needed Howard you are too a gentleman and thank you for my next pint.... fab to see all the girls ESPECIALLY WABO since I have not seen since 2007 where I met her with some bloke called Robert... not sure where he is now... not heard of him since - not sure he finished the 2007 marathon... hmm.

Mr M did not look bad for a man who had just run 7 miles in about 50 minutes so soon after edinburgh and an injury ... clearly very fit..... 

22nd July UMBONGO - YOU BLOODY BETTER MAKE THE NEXT ONE.... 

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

ha ha love it Susan! 

How is Tom today susan?

• Options
    Susan - I don't understand!?
  • Options
    Aw,lovely pics..so sad I couldn't be there last night but sounds like it was a good night.

My exam was very tough..my time management was atrocious and consequently had to really rush loads of answers.. Anyway,results not out til mid aug (when I'm in America) so just putting it out my mind now and enjoying the feeling of relief that it's over,for now at least!

I celebrated by working on my wedding spreadsheets and looking through the many venue brochures that I've received this last week. Off to see another one tonight.. Think it's too expensive though.
    Jovi - you been to many weddings lcally?
  • Options
    Didn't finish that message! Meant to say that I've got a few brochures for hotels in Harrogate and wondered if you (or anyone else for that matter) know anything about them. Personal recommendation means a lot so if any of you have been to a wedding at a nice venue in west/north Yorkshire please do tell me! Thanks!
  • Options

Fingers crossed Tutu.

Great to see everyone last night and great pics Howard. Good to see Wabo for the first time. I'm never having a bet with Mr M again! Glad you all liked the Champers especially Susan who Howard bought the next pint of for her!. I was home by 11:10 which isn't bad considering I was last to leave the pub at 10:15.

Already looking forward to 22nd July.

• Options
    Don't think I've been to Harrogate Tutu. You could always check them on Trip Advisor. That's what we always do before booking our holidays.
  • Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    Tutu Much wrote (see)
    ... I celebrated by working on my wedding spreadsheets ....

Wot not training spreadsheets?!!!  tsk tsk image

Run away to vegas  (Jovi can recommend local races!) and then come back and have a big party with your frock on - betcha the prices go down by 10% without the "W" word image - you can even exchange all manner of vows before the guests - who cares when you signed the legal forms eh? 

• Options

This is what I bought for my Dad's 90th birthday party last Sunday. A GIANT pork pieimage

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/302784/Gallery/Image004.jpg

• Options

Looks like you had a great night. All is good to go for the 22nd Julyimage 

Glad the exams are over Tu-Tu? stupid questionimage

First run done. A slow 5K but its a startimage