Options

sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

Comments

• Options
    eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭
    Thats near Brecon my Daughter was working there last year and she wanted me to enter it.
  • Options
    JuddermanJudderman ✭✭✭
    Susan - it was proper tennis!  not table tennis....
  • Options
    eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭
    Actually isnt there a race the train event up there as well? The Taffs are truely mental.
  • Options
    you can tell I was skim reading Judderman ... I am SORRY ... well done him again.... awesome...... image
  • Options
     AH - how far away is your DAd ?? new zealand? you have to dash off NOW to bring him back from op on thursday.. must be a heck of  a long way..... image
  • Options

imageHappy Hols Mr Mimage Enjoy some decent weather..... which is more than we are getting.image

Well done WT on your up and down race. You should do more of them as they will build strength for your mara's.

If we can get 20 of us then we could do the Welsh castles or maybe just let Mr M do it on his own...............in the heat of course.

• Options
    Yes - Happy hols Mr M - for gods sake dont let up on the training - dont forget you have to train really hard for  this next one.....image
  • Options
    JuddermanJudderman ✭✭✭
    Had the same thought Smeagol about a sub-4 team....
    You are forgiven Susan! 9 miles long run this evening.
  • Options
    Just popping in to say hi on my brief stop back in reality! Will read back to see what everyones been up to.
  • Options

Alright Susan - don't go on about Serpies.... imageimage but yes, they do rule the mountains, unfortunately! One of our guys is second claim Serpies... but he always races for Winchester. He won his stage - bet they'd love to have him on their team!

Have good hols Mr M.

Dad all fine.

• Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

3 miles recovery run today. Feel much better for it, though TBH I did kind of sleep through the yoga class a bit! OH is trying to get me a phone for my birthday. A vexing process - your mobile phone number is a required field even when you say you don't have a mobile. ("I shall put mine down," he said).

AH  W Castles sounds scary. Rather you than me.

Did a magazine sweep & managed to offload 4 onto people at work.

Right. Dogs must be walked. Club emails replied to. ZZZZZzzzzzz....

• Options
    UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭

80 years !!?? You don't look anywhere near that old.

Son broke his arm on Saturday evening so we spent 24 hours in hospital waiting for it to get sorted and allowed home. This is same son who broke his arm last November (other arm ) and his collar bone the year before thatimage ...pain for him (sorry for the pun) as he was due to go on French school trip and now looks like that is out of the windowimage

Needless to say haven't run for a while and missed my race on Sunday. Was going to do club run today but apparently I have to go to Brownies with my daughter for father/daughter thing ...brownies seems to me to be a bunch of females getting together to eat things as they always seem to be making food (with chocolate) and eating it!!!

• Options
    UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭

Went to gym yesterday morning using a free one day pass thingy offer...did some weights and strength training. Bit boring and smelly and hot (the gym not me). Applied for a a five day free trial at another gym so waiting for that to come in. Quite like the idea of doing spinning classes (thats on a bike not with plates).

I am up for a forum team thingy (you can rely on me to turn up!!??).

• Options
    UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭

I have got a picture of Cally!!....may be a different Cally.

AH - he fell over a bike in the garden!!! I mean hardly a good story.

• Options
    UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭
    We sat in the hospital (well we took it in turns) waiting for doctor to come and say he could go home. It was about 8 p.m. before doctor came and then said he had wanted him to spend day in hospital with his arm evevated to reduce swelling!!!!! It would have been nice to have been told that at the start of the day so we didn't keep expecting him to turn up and because he didn't have his arm evevated (nurses hadn't got that message)
  • Options
    and of course there's no WAY he could have elevated his arm at home, is there?
  • Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

Umbongo that's what happens when you are a nice quiet patient wot does not agitate. I buggered my wrist iceskating one saturday evening and was there until 2am waiting for an X-ray - they'd just forgotten about me I think - when I went up and asked it was all "haven't you had an X-ray yet?".

These days I tend towards the old & bolshie - I would probably have got fed up and said, "Look, I'm taking him home, here's our number, call if you want him to be brought back" ! (As this can often bring people out of the woodwork for the 30 seconds of interaction that was all that was needed anyway).

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

ah, that race looks lovely, well you know what I mean!!!

4 days till  mini goes, oh my goodness!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Hi all

Just nipped in for a PB ALERT. Unexpectedly in London today so did a 2 miler. Total 14-11 and first mile 6-55 which is first time I have broken 7 mins for a mile!!

Very excited.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    umbongo, poor son!! Bless him I bet he is fed up!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

woah mr m, there he goes again!

I am fine in answer to your text Mr m, achilles playing up a bit still!

• Options
    Nice bit of resting/recovery Mr.M !
  • Options
    eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭

Back from a trial run with another bloke from work we ran from the office and got on rthe Greenway cycle path  (like being in the country) and then followed it to the new Olympic stadium, its less than a couple of miles from our office but we tried a different route back ended up running along the Blackwall tunnel road past Bromley by Bow station very grimy and poluted did 4 1/2 miles in total.

• Options

good to see Mr M giving it plenty as ever.... well done on your pb!!

Umbongo - your son loves a fracture dosent he!! poor lad - shame about his trip..

no track for me tonight - parents eve for patrick instead... 

• Options

Well done Mr M. You just need to keep that pace going for another 24 miles and you would be very near to a sub 3image

I know what you son is going through Umbongo. I broke my wrist 3 times at school over a peroid of 3 years. Your arm gets very itchy under plaster cast in the sumer but at least you get all your friends to write on it..

• Options

Evening all

Nice one Mr M enjoy the holiday

Love the idea of a relay run!

Susan- One of the many things that keeps coming back, a very strange feeling overtakeing a "SERPIES" VEST in SA so Im at least quicker than one of youimage

• Options

good on you Martin .. but we know you are now elevated to position of GOD image

talking of Gods ..... Umbongo .... image you absolutely have to promise you are coming on 22nd July... ok? 

• Options
    what a marvellous TOTP image
  • Options
    UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭

Whats happening on the 22nd July?