sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

Comments

• UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭
    Hills today with club....image
  • UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭
    Brownies tomorrowimage
  • bonjour mes amis - je suis dans Paris ces matins - apologies for the shocking French! had my first trip on eurostar last night - was dreading tunnel bit but was OK.

UmB - have fun today!

Went out for short run yesterday on brief visit home - really enjoyed it - legs felt great and managed quite a speedy pace - think all this concert attending cross training seems to be working. the post show anti-oxidant consumption also seems to be doing some good image long run planned for saturday morning - v early start as helping out at a local 5K later in the morning.

another jovi show tonight and then london tomorrow  - having a great time with friends as well as going to the shows - only 4 more to go after this week!

off to read back and catch up.

• Susan- Please dont  Im just me

22nd- Cant wait

• I know that martin but we have to let Umbongo feel jealous...
  • UmbongoUmbongo ✭✭✭
    imagejealousimage.............
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

did a good session last night onmy own, my fast bits were about 7.15 ave again!   Achilles sore again too so I iced it after I ran and keep stretching today.

jovi, you get around girly!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    umbongo, enjoy them hills....
  • Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    Good god Wabo! And I thought I was doing OK with my 6 miles at 9 and a half minute miles ! Puffing along after my clubmates - so glad when there was a group in front of me that I "couldn't overtake" and so I had an excuse to slow down!
  • eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭

my normal lap of Millwall docks today but i was very tired, so 2 9 minute miles and 2 8 1/2 minute miles 39  minutes in total.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    woah fido.. I only did a minute at a time at that pace!! Ha ha it would kill me to do any longer!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I didnt explain well up there I do apologis, I did intervals 6 x 1min, that pace was the fast pace!
  • 1.3. miles at 9.05 pace. I think my 8.30 pace on Sunday was false and Garmin got it wrong ...... again!! I t really is pretty hopeless over short distances.
  • 5.4 miles at lunchtime - average pace 7-56. Fastest mile 7-46 so quite good.

Off to Turkey now - catsh you all next Fri! Oh and yes Im taking the running shoes! But will do a lot of swimming in the sea - that will be main exercise.

• eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭
    Have a great holiday, Mr M,
  • Just popping in to say hi. Still no running for me. Lots of chocolate though. Feeling very unfit and unhealthy..remembered I'm supposed to be doing a half mara a week on Sunday so nor sure how I feel about that..
  • A bit soon Tutu I think.

Martin, don't forget your Comrades medal on 22nd.

• Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

wot another  HM Tutu? Blimey what it is to be young (I assume it's not a train-through job). You could always selflessly give up your inevitable HM PB by volunteering to pace someone (perish the thought that you might not want to run any faster coff coff).

3 mi recovery run tonight - I say recovery run - it may be interesting as of the 4 of us I am now (I reckon) 3rd fastest and Mr. 4th fastest will be all fresh having not run since Sunday. Help me....

• had a small run in two parts running to mates for cuppa tea this afternoon - it was hot, I was tired as I did do 2 middling sized runs last week image and spent the last two days at work clearing boxes in the science cupboard and doing lots of squats and planks... so it was just as well the mates house was not far away!! ha ha....
  • sorry - the second part of the run was of course home again after cuppa and choccy biscuits..
  • Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

Fortunately Speedster 1 had been doing intervals y'day image and was feeling his age, and Speedster 2 was taking a friend out for a run/walk session, so it was only marginally under 10 minute miles... phew!

Right! zzzzzz

• Fido -pacing someone as an excuse not to run anywhere near my pb next weekend is a great idea! However,not sure I even know anyone else running it. There's no chance of a pb as I've only run once since Chester and don't have time to do much before the HM but I will see how I feel and maybe go for sub 1.50 - that's assuming it's flat,I've not done it before and don't actually know much about it.

Don't you hate days where you get a full night's sleep for the first time all week but still feel just as tired,if not more so? *yawn*

I must apologise for only vaguely reading back but was excited to hear about howard's running image
  • Off up to Yorkshire for five days to see my Dad. Will be keeping in touch as will be taking laptop.
  • Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

Tutu you could advertise on the RW forums! Beware the pervs who just want an excuse to spend 2 hours staring at a lady's lycra shorts image

You can look up course profiles on 

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/network/digest/view.mb

searchy searchy the half marathon - assuming the course hasn't changed recently.

• eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭

Tutu you could advertise on the RW forums! Beware the pervs who just want an excuse to spend 2 hours staring at a lady's lycra shorts image

Now ive always considered that to be basic Good manners and a perfect reason to enter races.

• I dont know what you mean Eastham - hardly ever run behind blokes with good legs and nice bums... (well sometimes at the start .. then they run off into the distance sadly.... ) image
  • I can actually remember 2 races where I have been extremely aware of men lurking behind me in races with their eyes fixed on something other than the road and it made me feel extremely uneasy I must say! One was ok as it was the perv from my club who is roughly same speed as me so whenever we are racing it just motivates me to speed up to get away. The other incident was a stranger who I couldn't shake off! image

thanks for the link fido,will try it when I get on the computer..

I'm MELTING in this weather,but it's lovely!! Al fresco lunch earlier image

could quite happily go swimming / running tonight but gotta visit 2 more venues near pontefract tonight..it never stops! Off to London tomorrow for bridesmaid girlie weekend of bridal shops,a spa and show somewhere..lovely stuff! Do I take my running stuff though??!

Whereabouts in Yorkshire will you be Howard? I'm sure you've said in the past but I've forgotten,sorry..
  • eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭
    Tuff life aye Tutu!
  • have a good trip Howard and TuTu .. me off to Glos to see weird ex school mates and a night at me mum and dad en route.. which can also be well weird....  image
  • I've arrived safely in Yorkshire after a bit of a panic back in London. Thought I'd left plenty of time as I always do but found problems at my local station. No trains going to London and cancellations in the other direction. Made a decision to leave the station and get a bus to Tooting and then the Northern line to Kings Cross. Tube stopped for 5 mins at Kennington and arrived at Kings Cross severn minutes before my train was due to leave. Many stairs and escalators later I found myself in the main station but the train was leaving from the furthest possible platform. Got there with two minutes to spare with the guard blowing his whistle.

I'm not as fit as I used to be!!!! image

Now at my sister's in Sutton - in - Craven near Keighley. Fantastic weather must be the hottest day of the year.

Must admit a nice bit of TBIL is good motivation on a long run but I usually end up overtaking them imageimage !