sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

Comments

• Covered 11 miles in my 2 hour walk/run today.  I didn't exactly feel fresh, but it was SO much easier than last week.  This time the walk breaks seemed to come  round really quickly.  Also, I didn't take on any gels or food. Felt hungry in the second hour but was running so slowly thought it might be better to help my body get used to having to rely on fat image.  Put Nuun tabs in my Camelbak though.
  • Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    3 miles last night,felt dead at the start but fresher as the run went on .
    Tutu so relieved to hear it is not just me who swears and gets lost!
  • Great stuff Judderman about the job...

HRR - good running - its horrid weather for running - fit or not!! did about 6 miles last night - like running in treacle... 

AH - respect to you ... thats all I can say... amazing

TuTU - fantastic stuff... coming into the finish from the worng end.. what a laugh.. great photo of you too by the way.. 

• Tom and family been at appointment .. have not heard from her.. worried now.
  • ... heard now .. there were nasty cells in a lymph node they removed.. he has to go to experts at royal free for major scan and then they will take it from there... so not awful awful news but not great either... have not talked to her but just had a text...

• Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    So sorry Susan, this is the worst time not really knowing (doctors try to be positive as TBH nothing is ever certain, bit often this slides into slightly unhelpful punchpulling).

Must go out and do HILLS and be grateful for my blessings etc.

Oh and have been told that my heaviest week of marathon training is going to be spent in Seattle(!). Work.
  • Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    Hills done now, 4 x 400m up Lodge Hill, 1:59,2:00,2:04,2:03, not bad, v. impressed though by OH who came with me - his first speed/ structured sesh EVER! He' d been to see (another) solicitor about Jarndyce vs Jarndyce and I think needed a good bash to slough it all off!
  • Send your friend our best Susan

AH- Walk breaks are a good thingimageimageimageimage

Feeling a lot better today 1 more days of anti bs then maybe a short run at the weekend

• STaying up late to collect C from school after trip to see Wicked in Londinium.

Dying to go to bed. But have just done the TEsco shop on line.  Just don't know where today's gone.  Keep thinking I've got a couple of weeks to pack/plan etc but actually now it's only one week. 

Pirate t shirts arrived today. They're great quality and rather good.  Very yellow indeed.  Also have a couple of black with yellow on.

• Hi all.

Have been quiet as a v hectic week. Have hardly run at all so need to fix that!

GO MURRAY!!!

• Morning Mr M. How was Turkey?
  • AH - ONE WEEK ..... eeeeeek!!

Mr M - come on Murray indeed... 

• Turkey was brilliant, but seems a long time ago!!

• Well, Susan, just over one week till we go... and this weekend's busy so can't do any of it this w/e.  The race is two weeks this Sunday image
  • JuddermanJudderman ✭✭✭

Hope things start to improve for Tom, Susan

Did 7 miles last night, felt really tired though and took just over an hour so about 8:35 pace. Had meant to go at that pace but was a real struggle.

Have a 10k on Sunday but not partic optimistic about it now - especially given the weather forecast here (Heavy Rain and windy).

Thanks for the Mrs J comments - she doesn't start until January so a few months of planning await her.

• thanks for all the tom good wishes (())
  • Fido2Dogs wrote (see)
     Tutu so relieved to hear it is not just me who swears and gets lost!

I'm so glad it's not just me too!! Now I know why I used to have all these nightmares about getting lost in marathons / other races - it does actually happen, argh!!

Susan - Will keep everything crossed for Tom.

My parents are on their way up to my house while I am sat here at work... plan is for them to get comfy enough in front of my telly in time to watch Murray and my plan is to leave work in time to at least see the end of it.

Plan tomorrow - one new bridal shop with mother and then back to the first one to see the dress I loved to see what she thinks of it and if I still love it as much. Plan sunday - wedding fayre at the Chevin so parents will get to look round the venue and I also have to pay the deposit and ask about a billion questions that I have thought of since we booked! Sooooo excited!!!!!!

Might do parkrun in morning too.

Oh and Sunday morning going to watch the Jane Tomlinson Leeds 10k at the turnaround point (few mins from my house) - Paula Radcliffe is running it and it's going to be on Channel 5, how exciting is that?! Cool! image

• I think I might to a park run tomorrow, too, after a swim.  Not my fave swim venue, but so convenient to be able to get out of the water and hey presto you're at the start of the run.  Admittedly you'd look silly running the 5k in a wetsuit, but there you go.

Then a massage then off to Blissfields - local musci festival.  Last year's hit for me was Mumford and Sons just before they got famous. They were amazing - the quality of their singing made my head snap round like something from a cartoon, double-take style.

Am also going tonight.  So am in kitchen surrounded by tents, food...Tesco shop not put away. I'm not showered, still in cycling/powerplate gear from this morning and have to get C to her horn lesson at 4. Then pick up .... oh I'll shut up.  You don't need to know, really, do you?!  But here I am talking to you lot image.

Just found out that the ironman the pirates are doing next year (another German one in August) has announced its entry open date....  this coming Monday.  So I might be entering number two before number one has even been done. Hmmm image

• clearly clearly lost the plot..... image
  • Best wishes to Tom.

Tutu, I'm suprised Paula is running as she is about 6 months pregnant. She will still be faster than all of us though.image

Hen you sound stressed and need to relax a bitimage

Fido, have you been to Seattle before? I've heard Pike Place market is a good place for foodiesimage

One of our team was made redundant today so things not so good at work. We were all called into the board room which was a bit scary at first as you wondered what was going on. The job they were doing was project management and there are no more projects to do that's why they were made redundant. My job is in technical support which is really busy so hopefully I will be ok and we were told that there were not going to be anymore redundancies but when have you heard that before!

5 miles for me when I get home from work in about an hour. Hope it is not as humid outside as it was at lunch time.

• Pike Place Market is great for food and art and all sorts.We've got two pastel pics on our kitchen wall from there.

Smeagol - you're right, I need to chill for a bit. I'm not stressed, just got a lot on.  Serves me right for doing a blimmin IM image. I'm a bit more relaxed now because everyone's gone to Blissfields so it's nice and quiet. I'm going to have a cup of tea, get changed then follow them... leaving just enough time for them to have lugged all the kit to the camping area where the kids and their friends are setting up camp AWAY from AR.  If I liked camping I'd stay too, but I've given camping at festivals a good go and always end up totally sleep deprived.  And someone's got to come home and shut the chickens etc.

• yes.. I find that ... someone always has to come home and shut the chickens... nothing worse than open chickens all night... image
  • people coming over for a barbie... I MUST not drink too much rose and end up like last saturday....... image
  • I MUST not drink too much tomorrow and end up like last Sunday.... image

Just back from Blissfields. It was great but I'm just tired and I've seen Subgiant about 14 times. I left a very happy AR. He's had cider, a mojito (where the barman came over and asked if it was ok because he was worried he'd made it too strong) then another different type of cider. 

Toyed with the idea of having a lie in and then running part of a marathon with a guy who's part of the Blissfields team who's running a marathon a month for a year.  He's starting this month's mara from the main stage tomorrow pm and is happy for anyone to join him.  But then I might miss Fenech Soler image. Might still do it if I don't wake up in time to fit in a swim and a park run before my 10.30 client.

Night all image.

Oh, BTW - Murray sort of fizzled out, didn't he?

• AH- I dont want to be negative but ? I know Ive not been well but I think Im only just starting to understand how much 10+ hours of exercise takes out of you. Ive already decided not to train and run venice. Please take care. How about a sub 4 attempt in the Autumn.

Tu-Tu- Very cool paula will always be my number 1 runner (and Ive met her)

Susan- behaveimage

• Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    Well obviously as AH has an Abo place I would be delighted if she had a punt at a time there!
    No have not been to Seattle before - will be in Bellevue over the water and v. busy with work but expect will see something.
    Mr M glad to see you back, it was quiet!
  • pretty sober Martin you will be glad to hear... thought I might have to collect Patricks girlfriend so only had one glass till about 11... now on my second... quite large having just cleared up - gordon gone off to bed he is off to Hop farm festival tomorrow with patrick - I am off to watch the girls do the London swim 1 mile in victoria docks ... image