VOTE Choisty

Comments

• Early morning run for me this morning as I have the works christmas party tonight.  I managed 12 miles across the north hampshire downs, lovely to watch dawn break.  It wasn't too cold either (shorts and long sleeves). 

Does anyone else have to run at the crack o' sparra's every onc ein a while or on a regular basis?  and what consitiutes too early...in my opinion any time beginning in a 4.

• Choisty, you have my vote without a shadow of a doubt.

I think Choisty definitely deserves this, aside from his spectacular running ability he is someone who gives back as well.  I used to know him on a different running site, where he always had time to give a friendly word to beginners, even in some cases helping people with a training plan to get them progressing.  I met him (very briefly as he was very busy) at an absolutely fantastic 5 mile race that he was one of the organisers of.  There's also no chance of him training or a bit then giving up and coming in with a substandard time because he is one of the most dedicated runners I have ever come across!

Good Luck Choisty!

• Choisty wrote (see)

Does anyone else have to run at the crack o' sparra's every onc ein a while or on a regular basis?  and what consitiutes too early...in my opinion any time beginning in a 4.

Yep, try this thread
  • Thank you Angel...I will post a abit later about my charity work (race organisation) and coaching (very low level) and running ethos (smiling)

I had a look at the morning run thread and got a little confused, I will have to work out some time go back to the beginning!

• Hi Choisty, your stretch target sounds like a tough ask, although I suppose that's why they call them stretch targets!  So I'll be voting for you and then hopefully looking to see how the training goes to get you there.  It's in the region of what I would have been aiming for (pb 2:44 but better equivalent performances at other distances) in recent London marathons if it hadn't been for all these pesky injuries...

Maybe see you on the Champs start for 2013!  image

• Yep it is a stretch target, I normally hit them e.g. Sub-3 marathon my stretch target was 2:55 and I ran 2:54:37.  I also broke the hour for 10miles in a force 7 (gusting 9) race and had a whole 8secs to spare, then went on to run 56:56 afew months later (the strecth goal was 58mins, the national standard)
  • Yo Lee good to meet you on Friday first thing in the coffee shop and wow your times are good..........I came to running in my forties so not ever going to catch you up but an inspiration to see your numbers......all the best for the vote you have mine........can I have your vote?? In the On a Plateau section.......mcs unlikely to win with not enough electronic savvy friends but enjoyed boot camp very much.

Did a nice six miler this morning in snow and flip freezing weather......have a great day.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/asics-target-262-the-vote/7748.html

• Cheers MCS, already voted...for...you.  Not in a Brucie "your my favourite style" either!

Good Luck

• Cheers mate all the best..........will keep an eye on your progress.....image
  • Choisty, what is your plan to promote global peace and reduce carbon emissions? image

• I will not discuss marmite and eat less muesli
  • Great plan! you got my vote. Good luck!
  • As Angel said I (with my wife) organise a charity race each summer, for the last two years called the Twist Kingsclere 5.  The race has raised over £10,000 in that time, much of which thanks to our sponsors Twist Hair (ironic considering my lack of it). The race gets some good ratings on the Runners World website to boot, which is nice.  I think we give value for money as my aim is to make it a runners race, so a well stuffed goodie bag for not that much money (thanks to loads of telephone calls) seems to please the 200 runners.

My part is mainly the course, so one weekend in June I get to garden a 3m wide stretch of Hampshire for 5miles, truely knackering.  I also get to organise the use of the land so I now have various Lords in my blackberry! 

On the day its normally up at 5am to run the course make sure it is still OK and nobody has moved or changed a sign, then back to set-up the finish, meet photographers, papers, timekeepers, brief the marshals before the race briefing start, then 10mins peace before we start getting ready for the first runners, then its results, stragglers, thank marshals, prize giving, course dismantle, re-run the course to check everything, a quick pint and sleep.

I wouldn't change it either, it moves me to tears to watch everyone finish with a smile then mix together making new friends and relaxing

• Voted for you yesterday, and after reading that am happy I did.
  • Thank you Silent Night Runner.

Interesting day ahead today especially after the company christmas do last night; the plan is to run each for 6 lunchtime followed by reps in the evening...it may be a step too far

• You have my vote Choisty image - many reasons but mainly because you eat pies!  Good luck!
  • I can't resist a good pie, which is the reason I have to run so much!  Thanks for the vote
  • Well run 1 of the day completed a 6mile jog out in the wind and rain, got rid of soem of the hangover too!
  • Well Choisty you had my vote for all it's worth.  You get lost easily you said... I can associate with that!! image
  • Thank you,  I think my best I got lost story is from last year in North Devon when I ran back to the campsite from the beach after a days fun and some joker turned a sign round 4miles later I was back where I started, 18miles later I was still 5miles away from camp.  So I found the nearest pub they called me a taxi which was good enough to take me back knowing I had no money on me, only to find my wife and kids out, so I had to rush round to find her.

Unfortunatly I hadn't taken any water with me and stopped and drank from a standpipe during the run, which gave me Giardia lamblia or beaver fever which is a sure fire wieght loss plan!

• You had "Beaver Fever"??

Knowing this forum I'm sure that should give you a few votes!!!!!!!  image

• Indeed I had beaver fever!  I still haven't lived it down
  • I leave my voting till late in the week.......but you are impressing me image
  • Choisty - another vote for you. Tough ole target to knock 15 mins or so off an already good mara time ! All the best with it. Hope you get picked and we can see how it's done !
  • Thank you for the vote..hopefully my work on shorter distances will show through I am hoping that my recent (feb) 20mile time of 2:01:17 is a good indicator, although the last 3 were hard as I didn't take any gels and was a little undertrained.
  • Just thought I would post my current PB's to give an idea of my speed at the shorter distances

I do a bit of track in the summer over the steeplechase barriers 

• 2000m Steeplechase - 6:50.5 (2011)
    • 3000m Steeplechase - 10:36.4 (2011)

But on the road 

• 5km - 16:50 (2010)
    • 5miles - 27:45 (2011)
    • 10km - 34:32 (2011)
    • 10miles - 56:53 (2011)
    • Half Marathon - 1:16:06 (2010)
    • 20miles - 2:01:13 (2011)
    • Marathon - 2:54:37 (2006)

The marathon time needs some attention that is for sure